Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 68962 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 58 - Burning Really Hurts
« Reply #555 on: June 01, 2013, 02:19:11 pm »

Elizas tells the guards about his wish to supply music for the brothel, and asks them to pass it on to whoever is supervising them.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 01, 2013, 02:26:31 pm »

Lars feels a need to fill the silence.

"Children of the One True God!  You have done very well, but the test is not yet over!  We must scour every corner to destroy every last trace of this Kezilamite stench from Kilnipom!  Keep searching, and keep your fire at hand!"

Encourage the masses, then go after that priest with my entourage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 01, 2013, 03:32:43 pm »

"Ah, my apologies, my vision was a little blurry. Where are we?"

"We're in... what was it... Lazalam, I think? Yes, Lazalam. And I suppose it makes sense if your vision's a bit blurry - you hit your head. I think you fell out of a tree when we ate those berries. There was quite a bit of blood, and you were babbling a lot. You're safe now, though - well, as safe as one in a pile of hay can be."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 01, 2013, 03:35:25 pm »

"Well, that's good. Now, let's get to it, shall we?"

Stand up and look around.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 59 - The Warren of Kezilam
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:10 pm »

Turn 59 - The Warren of Kezilam

Phiali, his clever water retention plan having failed due to circumstances beyond his knowledge, goes and looks for a natural bucket alternative. Where the works of man have failed, Mother Nature will provide! That is, unless it, too, hates his internal components for some heretofore undiscovered sin.

Rather unfortunately, it doesn't look like gourds are naturally occurring around these parts. At least not that he can see. Maybe there's some kind of camouflaged gourd that's impossible to see or something, but still, it's likely that there aren't any around. And neither is there anything else immediately obviously hollow he could harvest easily and utilize to his own ends.

Well, could be worse - Mother Nature could be actively seeking his death rather than just be completely unhelpful at the present time.

Shashari, a quest handily obtained from the heathen, goes back to the river and takes a good, hard look at it. If she's going to have to swim this, she really should make sure there aren't crocodiles in it. Or worse, hippos. That would certainly ruin her day. Anyway!

Well, it's certainly a river, she'd say. It flows and it's full of water. It isn't too wide, she'd say, about ten meters across at this point. While this is certainly wider than at the bridge that's out, it still isn't too wide.

"Hey, that doesn't look too bad. Still, there's probably more to it than that - if it was easy, why would that guy say it was some kind of heroic thing to do this?"

Elizas, seeing how the owner's not really around to be spoken to, at least as far as he can see, goes up to a guard.

"Greetings! I am a musical prodigy from an exotic land, and would like to offer the patrons and employees a night of fine quality guitar playing in exchange for a reasonable commission," he says to him, hoping that these guards aren't complete philistines for once.

The guard sizes him up for a moment.

"Are you any good? Play a tune or two. We get wannabes here all the time. It's gotten tiresome, to be honest. If you're good enough, we'll tell the owner about you. Sound agreeable?"

Lars, hearing everything go quiet, tries to inspire the masses once more!

"Children of the One True God!  You have done very well, but the test is not yet over!  We must scour every corner to destroy every last trace of this Kezilamite stench from Kilnipom!  Keep searching, and keep your fire at hand!"

And the masses begin searching, heading down several different passages to look for the foolish heretics. Lars and his three companions take the way the priest ran off, hoping to find him before he causes any trouble.

However, it's a veritable maze of passages, many of them seemingly leading in circles. Lars manages to not get lost, fortunately enough, though it's also clear that wiping out the rest of the Kezilamites will be more difficult than he imagined. In many ways it's like a rat warren, though in this case the rats are far more heavily armed than usual.

Gronok, having received important details on his location and other things, remains positive despite his head injury.

"Well, that's good. Now, let's get to it, shall we?"

He gets up from the snug pile of hay he has been laying in for quite a while and is overcome by a wave of nausea and dizziness that forces him back to the pile.

Okay, so maybe he's not quite as well as he'd like. Looking around the room, Gronok becomes rather convinced of the fact that this is a stable. Probably because of the fact that there's a lot of horses in here. And the smell is rather unmistakable. It's pretty spacious, Gronok has to say, and the atmosphere, though it smells strongly of horse, not entirely unpleasant.

"Need anything? Food, drink, people to talk to? I could find something. Or somebody, if you want."

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »

Turn 59 - The Warren of Kezilam the Awesome - Wherein the GM has lost his D6
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2013, 03:26:41 pm »

Turn 59 - The Warren of Kezilam the Awesome - Wherein the GM has lost his D6

Oh, I used it quite a bit, actually.

I do love hidden rolls.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2013, 03:28:28 pm »

Tired of all the [1->1]s and such for Phiali?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »

What we need is to find the Enemy who dwells here...but first we need to start converting. Some food and water would be nice, if you could retrieve it for me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2013, 05:09:04 pm »

"Sure thing, listen to this."

Elizas plays the guards a classic folk song from his homeland on his guitar, "I'm Actually A Traveling Prophet Whose Ulterior Motive In Getting This Job is To Influence the Minds of Everyone Here With Subliminal Lyrics in All of My Songs".
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2013, 07:59:37 pm »

"Why is there nothing to help me on this?"

((When did I begin the Quest for Water?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 04, 2013, 04:08:03 am »

Shashari scowled at Siren.

"...well thanks, here I was getting all optimistic. Still, I guess it's good to keep that in mind. Okay, nothing looks wrong, so unless there really is a water sprite or something..."

Wade into the water a bit to get used to it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 04, 2013, 04:37:34 am »

"Why is there nothing to help me on this?"

((When did I begin the Quest for Water?))

Your rhetorical question goes unheard by anyone!

Plus you've been at this since turn 43.

What we need is to find the Enemy who dwells here...but first we need to start converting. Some food and water would be nice, if you could retrieve it for me.

"So... food and water, then. Do you want me to bring anything else? What about methods? Anything I should not do to attain said things, Great Prophet?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 04, 2013, 07:47:25 am »

Lars looked at his companions.  "What do you know of the layout of this temple?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 04, 2013, 08:10:39 am »

Lars looked at his companions.  "What do you know of the layout of this temple?"

The ex-guard pipes up immediately.

"Oh, quite a bit, actually - I lived here, you know. I'm pretty sure the others are all hiding in their little cubbyholes, hoping to ambush us all when we go looking for them, maybe set up a whole lot traps - fiery ones, mechanical ones, pitfalls and such - then hope to thin our ranks while we're separated enough to be able to take us down. After all, right now, unless I've missed my mark, we outnumber the guards two to one. And there's four priests as well - some of them are bound to have gone to the reliquary, I'd say - that's deeper down this way. The others are probably skulking in the hallways hoping to catch a lucky break. So we really shouldn't be running after them - some of those traps are really nasty."

"I could lead you to all sorts of places - the library, the dungeons, the icon halls, anywhere at all, even the tombs. But like I said, several of them are probably protecting the reliquary. There are three exits to the place - one is the main entrance, another is the prisoners' gate, through which prisoners are led in, and the third is the goods entrance, where food and supplies are brought in. Is there something specific you want to know about the interior?"
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 60