Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69486 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 85 - And We're Back
« Reply #870 on: October 05, 2013, 10:02:19 pm »

(("First impressions" sounds like an appropriate replacement for "social interactions."))

Shashari sighed again.

"Fine. Fine! We'll see who's laughing in a moment here!" she called out into the darkness.

Then she took a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself down and assume proper composure. She'd never officially done this before, and cleared her throat somewhere between nervously and sheepishly.

"Oh Great God, Ash'Mah the Serpent, Devourer of Strengths, Claimer of All Worth Having, I, your humble servant Shashari, beseech you for aid. For though I have conquered the ram and tamed the Siren and bested the False River and impressed the Wild One, it would seem your servant is somewhat specialized in certain ways. I now find myself bested by a simple rope.

Please Great Ash'Mah, grant me aid in this time of need, that I may continue to do your works and spread your name."

Pray for divine assistance.

I'm actually not sure in what form. Whatever would be appropriate for getting free of a rope.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 06, 2013, 02:58:52 am »

((For the avoid-death thing, I was imagining more of the "toughness" thing. For the faith...I have no idea, actually. Let me check that character sheet...))

((EDIT: Yeah, no idea what that would be. Not getting converted? Resisting magic of enemy gods? I honestly don't know what I had in mind.))

Okay then. Feel free to come up with some other advantage in that case - it can be anything that makes a bit of sense, basically.

Also, that +1 to charisma rolls while telling the truth, with the circumvention of persuasion, isn't likely to be much use. You should replace that as well, if you don't mind.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:41 am »

((A penalty to first impressions is totally in line with what one would expect when dealing with a shepherd, I'd say.))

Lars looks on at the disappointing progress.  Perhaps there was a better way to go about this?  He finds the guard that had helped him so much.

"Brother, you have worked in these wretched halls.  Is there any weakness to the structure that you know of?  Perhaps a better way to go about this?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 07, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »

Alright, here are some ideas:

Faithful: +1 to rolls about religious knowledge or to resist effects caused by priests of other religions (e.g. torture, propaganda, magic)
Honest: +1 to First Impressions
Toughened: +1 to rolls to ignore or not be affected by injuries
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 07, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »

"Hm...theft wouldn't be terrible, but I'd prefer not to be perceived as a cult of criminals. Um...yeah, theft unless you can think of someone easily-converted...can you think of something or someone to steal or steal from that most people would either not care about or approve of?"

"No, not really... most non-Kezilamites either don't come with anything valuable, and they don't really stay for very long. It's a very insular place apart from occasional festivals. They do apparently have a treasure, though. A relic of some sort, I believe."

"Brother, you have worked in these wretched halls.  Is there any weakness to the structure that you know of?  Perhaps a better way to go about this?"

"I am not well-versed in architecture, sadly. It looks like a pretty sturdy temple, though, doesn't it? They built it to last forever, seems like."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:02 pm »

"A holy relic? ...Tell me more."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:51 pm »

Are you a servant of Kezilam?

((Also, Skilled Storyteller: +1 to making stories sound convincing through their delivery (ie body language, stuttering/er, um, etc or lack of it, etc)

Confident: +1 to rolls in convincing people that I know what I'm talking about/seem competent/etc.

Don't quite know what my malus should be. Any suggestions?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 08, 2013, 10:00:45 am »

Lars frowns.  "Perhaps the ex-priests?"

He finds them and asks them the same question.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 12, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »

"A holy relic? ...Tell me more."

"Ah, you see, the relic I speak of is... well... not quite a relic, so to speak. It is of quite a lot of importance to the village. It's the undying flame. It's this bonfire that they keep burning at the main temple of the village. To my knowledge, it's never gone out in recorded history. I believe they use some kind of oil to feed it continuously. It's the closest thing to an artifact I can think of in this area, and I would think that it would cause quite a stir if something were to happen with either the fuel or the fire itself."

Are you a servant of Kezilam?

She nods.

Lars frowns.  "Perhaps the ex-priests?"

He finds them and asks them the same question.

The priests are also unable to help - it seems that the idea of destroying their once-precious temple has never really entered their minds up until this point.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 12, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »

"Hm...something visible...lots of water, perhaps, combined with removal of the oil...but I have no mana...Well. I think I might have a plan..."

Spoiler: General Plan (click to show/hide)

"Anything you guys can think of to improve the plan?"
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 12, 2013, 04:44:31 pm »

Lars shrugs.  Well, if one is good, two is better.

See if we can wrestle up a second battering ram.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 12, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »

Are you sworn to silence?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 16, 2013, 10:37:01 am »

Well, guys, I think I've just about realized that I simply do not possess the necessary attention span to run three concurrent multiplayer forum games. I keep trying to update this, but I just can't find the drive to do it, and the best I can manage currently is an update per two weeks, also known as 'three-quarters-dead update speed'.

Sorry, guys, but I'm going to have to drop this game - can't really hold on to any standard of quality that would warrant waiting two weeks, anyway. I have learned from this experience, and I hope you all had something at least vaguely reminiscent of fun. Toaster was so close to reaching the second prophet level, too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 16, 2013, 10:39:27 am »

Noooooooooo it's okay I totally understand that feeling.  I'll try not to have the Prophet Lars call down holy fire on you for it.

It occurs to me that two out of three Larses are arsonists.  I'll have to fix that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.
« Reply #884 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01:02 am »

Ah well. I had fun with this. Thanks for running!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60