Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69152 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 41 - The Buzz of Truth
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2013, 11:21:38 am »

((It's easy!  Gather around in a magic circle.  First you put your right hand in, then you put your right hand out...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »

Finally caught back up.  You are all pretty sad prophets.
I resemble that remark!

Now we just all have to stand in water and deliver lessons to burning heretics whom you just robbed blind, all while drunk off your gourd to fund the fancy miracles!
*takes notes*
Theft? Really?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 09, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »

"I'll need to know if there is a place where you dedicate your prayers to Kezilam as a group. Is there one?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2013, 06:53:08 am »

"I'll need to know if there is a place where you dedicate your prayers to Kezilam as a group. Is there one?"

"Well, there's the main hall. Does that work?"

EDIT:
Theft? Really?

Yes, really. It has to be something valuable, though, not just a potato or something.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:15:07 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2013, 10:15:59 am »

"That will do excellently. Let's be off, then!"

To the main hall!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 42 - The Empty Village
« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »

Turn 42 - The Empty Village

Phiali looks at the other dwellings in the area, but they seem to have had no inhabitants for a long time. Some longer than others, and one house in addition to the obviously inhabited one looks to be in decent condition, if a little weathered. However, all is silent and lifeless in the village as far as he can see. Seeing few interesting options, Phiali knocks on the door of the large dwelling.

The door is opened by a rather unattractive woman. Her near-black eyes are sunken, her face possessing a gray, dusty quality, though it's not the kind you see in dignified scholars - the general sense of degeneracy of the surroundings seems personified in this woman. She stares at Phiali, an odd mixture of boredom and scorn visible in her expression. Her silence, which she dutifully maintains, is a bit more welcoming in that it seems expectant, or at least cripplingly awkward enough to tempt one to break the ice.

Lars, figuring that if Jezufim could rustle one ram, he can safely rustle all the rest and keep them until such a point when their rightful owner can make a violent recovery of his property (and possibly more, in the interests of obtaining recompense for damages), prays for the safety of his cattle and runs off in the direction of Kilnipom, the village of assured adventure.

He travels for quite some time, getting a good view of the surrounding plains as he traverses quite a long expanse of road. Day turns into night as he reaches a crossroads, one path leading up a wooded hill, the other leading into the distance to parts unknown. Well, both lead to parts unknown, truth be told. Lars has hardly a clue on how to proceed from here, though he's pretty sure Kilnipom can't be far now.

With a triumphant exclamation, Elizas, bottle still in hand, runs out of Gezerim's mansion and through the streets of Berikalam, making his way to the place of his dreams! He makes sure to keep the bottle with him in case of desperate need.

He reaches it without issue, though there's something different about the place. Wonder what it could be. Something obvious, he knows.

"What are you doing here, sir? Why do you have an open-"

"Wait! I'm thinking!"

"Are you drunk, sir?"

After conferring with the none-too-clever guards of the temple, Gronok feels he is ready to demonstrate some superior heretic-catching techniques. He leads the guards into the main hall.

He notices that the master of ceremonies is still there, admiring the workmanship of a fine staircase as he twirls his absurdly sharp sword. Luckily, this activity seems to have distracted him sufficiently to allow the man he condemned not an hour ago to be in the same room as he is without some heavy repercussions.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2013, 03:01:07 pm »

Praise be to God.  Well, it was probably down the road.  Right?  Well, more likely there would be someone to ask that way who would know.

Go down the road.  Look for someone to ask directions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2013, 06:20:09 pm »

"Hello. How are you today?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2013, 12:41:54 am »

"Hello. How are you today?"

"Good."

She pronounces the word completely without inflection.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Finally caught back up.  You are all pretty sad prophets.

Except Gronok.  He's awesome, even if he is reasonably incompetent.

Now we just all have to stand in water and deliver lessons to burning heretics whom you just robbed blind, all while drunk off your gourd to fund the fancy miracles!
((You're just bitter cause I totally your ram from right under your nose. Yes I'm lost in the woods what of it.))

Attempt to build or direct the building of a bridge!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2013, 02:10:28 am »

"Why hello, fellow priest of God, and how are you doing this wonderful day?"
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2013, 06:46:53 am »

"Nevermind that. I need to see Gezerim, inside of here, for urgent matters.

Elizas speaks to the man in front of the house.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2013, 06:55:48 am »

"Why hello, fellow priest of God, and how are you doing this wonderful day?"

You call out to the standing master of ceremonies. He turns about and looks at you, his face lighting up.

"Ah, you people finally caught him. Good."

"What?"

"The man you were supposed to capture so that we could torture the demons right out of him."

"That's him?"

"Yes."

"He was about to teach us how to find heretics in our midst."

"That's good. But first, an exorcism is in order. Seize him."

"What about the other one?" the guard asks, pointing at the convert.

"Oh, him. Let that one out, I believe we got most of the demons he had. The rest are up to him to lose in faithful prayer."

"He might have the Xungus Worm! It's real infectious, we hear. Transmitted by touch!"

"It isn't, should it actually exist by some miscarriage of nature. Worms cannot infect people through mere touching, as they are parasites. As long as nobody eats his feces, the public is safe, vain though such a hope may be. Where did you hear about this worm, anyway?"

"Why, this old man among the prisoners matching his description told... oh."

"Now that that's taken care of, we can get some nice torturing done. What do you say, lads?"

"Aye!"

"And you, prisoner, you are free. Go with Kezilam," the master of ceremonies says to the old man in rags next to you. The guards advance menacingly on their quarry, who is also unquestionably you.

"Nevermind that. I need to see Gezerim, inside of here, for urgent matters.

Elizas speaks to the man in front of the house.

You look at the man speaking to you. He is dressed in white robes and carries a rather nasty metal blade. His expression is quite stoic.

"I am afraid I do not know what you are talking about. No Gezerim lives within this house. We did, however, track down a con artist seeking to misappropriate ill-gotten funds to this place and are apprehending the slippery son of a whore as we speak. Perhaps 'Gezerim' is the name he gave you? I'll describe him."

A few sentences later, you realize that it is probably Gezerim he's talking about. Hm.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2013, 08:11:24 am »

((You're just bitter cause I totally your ram from right under your nose. Yes I'm lost in the woods what of it.))

((Thievery gets you nowhere.  Well, I guess it might get you MP since Gain is Good, but yeah, woods.  You'll note I avoided the GM's clever trick to try to get us to interact!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2013, 11:50:36 am »

"May I at least tell you how God saved me and expelled the demon from my body first?"
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 60