Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 68688 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 47 - Must Have Taken A Wrong Turn
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2013, 11:05:23 pm »

(IronyOwl, remind me to sig that.)

Head into the jungle. Look for a vine. Tie it to the bucket and lower it into the well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 47 - Must Have Taken A Wrong Turn
« Reply #466 on: April 28, 2013, 08:20:32 am »

This wasn't going to be easy.  Ignorance and heresy ran deep here.

"People, you have been maligned and mislead!  This Kezilam is no true God, but instead a deceiver and deception!  You must throw down the temples of this false Kezilam and instead come to the One True God!  Fire and ash await those who refuse to see the light!

Come, we must not tarry!  Disobedience will not be tolerated!"

And Lars joins the ranks of the Failure Prophets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 48 - A Solemn Oath
« Reply #467 on: April 30, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »

Turn 48 - A Solemn Oath

Gronok, reasoning that converts are probably better for the faith if you manage to keep them around for longer than a day, looks around for Onon. Couldn't have gone far. Unless bears got him, that is.

Actually, that's probably what happened. There do seem to be peculiar reddish-brown stains on the ground near Gronok, not to mention some large tracks leading away from the area. Damned bears. Enemies of the faith is what they are. When God's kingdom comes to earth, let's see them get in. Let's see them try!

They wouldn't get in, obviously. The Kingdom of God will have a great golden fence with a gate leading into it, and no bears will be admitted beyond it. It's the least that Onon deserves, and Gronok will make sure that it is so. This he solemnly swears.

Shashari, faced with an unrepentant meanie of a heathen, mocks him most divinely.

"Yes, because I've stopped some filthy hog-heathen from drowning himself along with my disciple. God hates waste, you know.

"Now then! There's the little matter of you being a Godless heretic standing in The One True God's Prophet's way. Surely you know some water sprite couldn't possibly be a God of this river. Has she even given you any visions? Any miracles? Mine has, of course.

"And look! I've both tamed a ram and gained a companion with a beautiful singing voice using the power of my faith. All you've done is tucker one and nearly drown yourself with the other."

For a moment, the heathen looks truly hurt. His expression soon changes to one of anger, however, and he flips over on the side, facing away from Shashari. He quietly mumbles for a moment, then goes silent.

"I'm not speaking to you anymore. Go away."

The Siren gets up in the meantime, wiping some of the dirt from the ground off his clothes.

"Well now. That was strange."

Phiali, not a big fan of on-the-spot improvised cobbling of imaginative solutions, looks for some spare parts in the surrounding jungle. Namely, a vine to serve as a rope.

Fortunately, the jungle is a dreamland for someone with apelike ambitions of acrobatics, and there are many vines in ready availability, some of them even unusually tough. Phiali grabs several, removing them easily and creating the foundations of a very nice cord. He then goes back to the well and ties the bucket to the vine-rope, lowering it in the well.

It's difficult to raise at first, but it gets lighter and lighter as Phiali goes on. After a moment it becomes clear why - the bucket is leakier than the famous Southland folk hero who tried to deflect arrows aimed at his king with nothing but his naked, manly and probably insane chest. In other words, very leaky indeed.

Lars understands that these people may be ignorant and terrible, but let not it be said that he is unwilling to bring light to the darkest places!

[Charisma roll: 6-->3]

"People, you have been maligned and mislead!  This Kezilam is no true God, but instead a deceiver and deception!  You must throw down the temples of this false Kezilam and instead come to the One True God!  Fire and ash await those who refuse to see the light!"

"Come, we must not tarry!  Disobedience will not be tolerated!"

The townspeople start chattering to one another.

"Say, he's not a moronic priest of Kezilam! He's a silly priest of someone else!"

"And right in front of the temple, too. Brave of him!"

"Back in my day, heretics were all as confident as this man! Those were the days your faith was truly challenged, not like now! I say we hear him out, if only to reward his sheer ballsy act!"

"Agreed. Prophet! Tell us more of your god! Is he like Kezilam, only better, or are there more distinguishing marks to him? Because we're not about to throw our lives away for some sort of off-brand version of the god we already have!"

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 30, 2013, 01:13:33 pm »

Uh oh, too successful.  Danger is surely headed my way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 30, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »

Uh oh, too successful.  Danger is surely headed my way.
((I am incredibly jealous, but actually, yeah. Lars' god is actually almost exactly like Kezilam.))

Pray to Mo'Kar that his soul will be delivered to His Kingdom, write a small biography of all I knew about him in the dirt, then continue on.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:25 pm »

"Uh, well, hey now. I didn't mean to be mean, it's just that you... insulted my bridge and punched my friend and tried to trample me with my own ram.

In fact, I'll bet The One God would love to have you as a convert. You were very enthusiastic and athletic, at least."

Conversion!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:28 pm »

Elizas takes Gezerim away by the arm, bluffing more to the guards violating on proper guarding etiquette and that they'll be reprimanded severely.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 30, 2013, 09:39:24 pm »

If you'll allow me, this is the the RTD for Xantalos told Biblical style. Let us read from Prophets 1 1:1-12

Spoiler: Prophets 1 (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 30, 2013, 09:55:30 pm »

"How did I not notice this before?
Alright...let's try this."

Look for some kind of sap to seal the leaks with. Wait for the sap to harden. Repeat previous plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 30, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »

Progress!  The flock had a willing ear!

"No, the One True God is not like this sham Kezilam!  For he is a jealous and vengeful god, and brooks no disobedience!"

A flash of insight- perhaps half-remembered bits of his vision- comes to him.

"The One True God supports no such prohibitions on alcohol and forced monogamy as Kezilam does*!  Nay, such things are not a true tenet!  We must obey his commands!"

"Behold this false temple!
  Here Lars gestures at the temple behind him.  "We have been commanded to tear down this temple and cleanse it with the true holy flame!  Join me at once, or disaster will befall you all!

Continue to preach.

*If I'm missing the mark on the background of Kezilam here, I blame Lars not getting out much.

Look for some kind of sap to seal the leaks with. Wait for the sap to harden. Repeat previous plan.

I think there are five saps in this thread!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:48:42 am by Toaster »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 30, 2013, 10:00:09 pm »

Don't insult the GM, it's unwise.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 01, 2013, 02:17:03 am »

If you'll allow me, this is the the RTD for Xantalos told Biblical style. Let us read from Prophets 1 1:1-12

Spoiler: Prophets 1 (click to show/hide)

I was actually originally planning on writing something like that myself - the Book of Prophets, Biblically Abridged edition, with all of the prophets' misadventures presented in, shall we say, a more dignified form. Feel free to continue if you wish.

*If I'm missing the mark on the background of Kezilam here, I blame Lars not getting out much.

You aren't. Kezilam is, in essence, a goddess of purity and order, and focuses on these two tenets mostly. Fire is a large part of the religion in a ritualistic sense.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 01, 2013, 04:56:49 pm »

I can't wait to see how future generations interpret Phiali breaking into the rival temple.
Sig

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 01, 2013, 05:08:18 pm »

I can't wait to see how future generations interpret Phiali breaking into the rival temple.
"it is clear that Phiali quest to enter the enemy temple shows that even if with God's help you fail to defeat heresy, you should not give up."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 49 - Faith Demands Force
« Reply #479 on: May 03, 2013, 01:45:08 pm »

Turn 49 - Faith Demands Force

Gronok prays for Onon's soul to be delivered by Mo'kar, then sets about writing a short biography of the man in the dirt. He traces some words on the damp ground, making sure to include every detail he knew of the man.

"In memory of Onon, convert for a day before getting dragged off by bears. Imprisoned for 20 years or so, didn't remember much. Presumably tortured and suffered a lot. Name given yesterday. Pleasant enough chap.

Signed,
Gronok the Old, Illustrious Prophet of Mo'kar the Teacher, Holy Bringer of Knowledge and Wisdom, Master of Words, Deliverer of Mighty Slaps and Alleged Liberator of Prisoners."

Having stood around solemnly for a bit, Gronok turns around and continues on his way. However, he is interrupted by a noise! Something seems to have fallen near him! Didn't sound like a tree-bear, either. He looks in the direction of the sound.

Oh, look. It's Onon.

"Good morning! I was going to drag you up a tree as well, but I'm not as young as I'd like to be. Did you sleep well? Nobody try to chew you up?"

My, he seems awfully chipper. He steps toward Gronok, suddenly spotting the message in the dirt.

"Wait, what's this? Did you write that?"

He reads the message.

"Oh my. Dragged off by bears, eh? How terrible! Well, at least I rank as a pleasant enough chap."

Shashari, noticing that the filthy heathen seems to have taken on a slightly offended air, changes her tone a bit.

"Uh, well, hey now. I didn't mean to be mean, it's just that you... insulted my bridge and punched my friend and tried to trample me with my own ram. In fact, I'll bet The One God would love to have you as a convert. You were very enthusiastic and athletic, at least."

The heathen turns around, looking curiously at the girl.

"You really think so? Honestly? It's been so lonely in the woods here. I've got only Hazutiim to keep me company, and he hardly even talks, you know. And it's been five years since I've seen anyone else. I just got so excited when I got something to defend. Fight off wild beasts and vile heathens and all that, you know. No offense, I mean."

He looks up at the sky suspiciously, then at the river.

"We'll have to talk to Hazutiim about this conversion business. Away from... certain things." He says the last bit as a whisper, leaning toward Shashari and throwing a quick glance to the river.

Elizas, utilizing the guards' confusion, picks Gezerim up from the ground, leading him away from the area as he berates the guards for their vulgar breaches of guarding etiquette. Fortunately for him, they are sufficiently confused to momentarily forget that they aren't supposed to be guarding anything at all, and Elizas and Gezerim safely get away from the area. Once they are away, Gezerim speaks.

"Thank you for that intervention. They certainly work fast, these Kezilamites. I owe quite a lot for that, my friend."

Now, what to do with him?

Phiali, upon seeing that the bucket is indeed a piece of garbage, tries to fix it. Maybe there's some sap in the woods to help? Couldn't hurt to look for some. He heads out into the jungle, looking for any trees or other plants that might contain such an adhesive.

Fortunately, there is indeed such a tree around, and its resin seems to be quite liquid at this point. Better utilize it while there's still time!

[Repair roll: 2]

Upon looking at where the leaks spring from, Phiali smears a generous helping of resin over one of the leaky bits, then waits for it to harden. After a bit, it has done this, and the hole is sealed. He tries to get another handful.

Sadly, the rest of the resin has hardened in this time as well. Dang.

At the steps of the temple, Lars defends his god like a consummate prophet.

"No, the One True God is not like this sham Kezilam!  For he is a jealous and vengeful god, and brooks no disobedience! The One True God supports no such prohibitions on alcohol and forced monogamy as Kezilam does!  Nay, such things are not a true tenet!  We must obey his commands!

He gestures toward the heretic temple.

"Behold this false temple! We have been commanded to tear down this temple and cleanse it with the true holy flame!  Join me at once, or disaster will befall you all!"

"Your offers of limitless debauchery are heard and appreciated, fine heretic. There is a problem, though."

"More of a sharp concern, really."

"The Kezilamites have nasty swords and lots of guards!"

"Pah! Back in my day, the guards were a lot sharper than their swords! These days they let any idiot join!"

"True as that may be, do you, fine heretic, have any means of subverting the guards of Kezilam and make us really listen to you?"

"Like the one coming toward you right now!"

Lars turns around, noticing that there is indeed an approaching guard.

"What's all this damned racket?" he asks with all the patience a temple guard can muster.

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:46:51 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 60