Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69721 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 62 - Plan Blue
« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »

"Children of the One True God, burn the abominable heathens!"

Attack and burn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 15, 2013, 06:19:44 am »

"You can get water from it."

"Good. Hand me the bucket."

"Well... I suppose you might as well fetch him. Hopefully he'd just believe us, but I don't really want to do this again."

The Siren nods and runs off, leaving the ram behind. Moments later, he is back with the heathen.

"You appear to have crossed the river! How did you do it? How were you not swallowed up by the mouth of the goddess?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 15, 2013, 02:15:36 pm »

"Haha! Your goddess' grip is lacking at the surface. Observe!"

Paddle-float back to the other side.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 16, 2013, 01:32:51 am »

Ah, you want to know about the stars, do you? Very well then.

A very very long time ago, there was no blanket over the world. The earth was seared by the gaze of Almighty God as He looked down upon His world, only one of many. But His glory and majesty was too much for the world, for He is without limits and the world he made is limited in nature. What he glanced upon, was destroyed and made to ash. Only when His gaze moved on did the land regrow and repair itself. But God was not content to see just one part of His creation, and thus He looked upon it all at once, and it all burned under His gaze. Seeing this, and knowing that life would only grow if He were not to look, He looked away. And once the land had the gaze of God turned from it, it cooled and repaired. But God wished life to grow, and He did not look back. And far from God's sight, the world froze and withered, for it was made by Him and could not long sustain itself beyond His attentions. Knowing all, God placed a sheet over the world, and cut a hole in it and looked through it at the world. Thus only a fragment of His self was shown, and the world only slowly dried out wherever He turned his gaze. We know that opening as the sun. Seeing how when he looked for too long at the world it dried out as before, He turned His attention from it at night. However, unwilling to look from His creation, He made innumerable small holes in the canvas of the sky, and let His brilliance shine through. Thus were the stars made.

Talk.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 16, 2013, 09:32:08 am »

Elizas accepts the job offer and goes to the courtyard to play a popular tune, "Here Is My Religion and Everyone Should Convert to It."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 63 - The Next Test
« Reply #620 on: June 18, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »

Turn 63 - The Next Test

Phiali, having reached Azha, elaborates on the state of the well.

"Fixed," he puts it succinctly.

"How fixed?"

"You can get water from it."

"Good. Hand me the bucket," she asks. Phiali looks down at his receptacle of water. It's a rather pretty receptacle. Does he really want to hand it to this dusty, rather unpleasant woman?

Lars finds himself in his own element once more. It's rather lucky that the guards are there, all in all.

"Children of the One True God, burn the abominable heathens!"

Egged on by the prophet and the guard in equal measure, they charge at the four unfortunates in front of them!

[Mob vs. Guards: 6+1+1 vs. 2+1]

The four are quickly dispatched when the mob demonstrates the rather considerable flammability of their robes with great gusto and joy. There is a bit of screaming, but the kicks of the crowd soon silence it.

"Right, then! Now, that takes care of four, so we should probably move before they regroup and ambush us again. Or perhaps we can begin hunting them, though they could use this to lure us into traps. Any insights, sir?"

Shashari, having received an appropriate audience, gets to business.

"Haha! Your goddess' grip is lacking at the surface. Observe!"

She then performs her patented float-paddle-stroke back to the side the heathen is on. He looks quite horrified.

"Oh my! Such a technique I have never seen! Clearly, you must either be wise or insane, and considering that the goddess has not eaten you yet and spit your bones up, I would say it is the former! Amazing work, girl. I must tell Hazutiim of this!"

He runs back to the clearing, then comes back before Shashari has even considered following him. He then exposits excitedly at her.

"Hazutiim says that you are indeed touched by a minor deity of trickery at the very least! However, further testing is required to ascertain your deity's true superiority. And for that, I must blindfold you. And separate you from your companions. Are you prepared to take the greatest test?"

Gronok is pleased. These people are eating out of the palm of his hand thus far!

"Ah, you want to know about the stars, do you? Very well then."

He clears his throat in a dignified fashion, then commences the tale.

"A very very long time ago, there was no blanket over the world. The earth was seared by the gaze of Almighty God as He looked down upon His world, only one of many. But His glory and majesty was too much for the world, for He is without limits and the world he made is limited in nature. What he glanced upon, was destroyed and made to ash. Only when His gaze moved on did the land regrow and repair itself. But God was not content to see just one part of His creation, and thus He looked upon it all at once, and it all burned under His gaze. Seeing this, and knowing that life would only grow if He were not to look, He looked away. And once the land had the gaze of God turned from it, it cooled and repaired. But God wished life to grow, and He did not look back. And far from God's sight, the world froze and withered, for it was made by Him and could not long sustain itself beyond His attentions. Knowing all, God placed a sheet over the world, and cut a hole in it and looked through it at the world. Thus only a fragment of His self was shown, and the world only slowly dried out wherever He turned his gaze. We know that opening as the sun. Seeing how when he looked for too long at the world it dried out as before, He turned His attention from it at night. However, unwilling to look from His creation, He made innumerable small holes in the canvas of the sky, and let His brilliance shine through. Thus were the stars made."

"A very interesting tale, elder."

"Makes sense, too!"

"Yes, quite. Enlightening, one might say. Never thought about the stars that way. Or about Kezilam that way, either."

"I don't think he was talking about Kezilam."

"Why not? Sure, he may have used 'he', but what does gender mean to a god, anyway?"

Having expanded the minds of several people and provoked discussion, Gronok feels fulfilled once more. Like a hole in his soul has been mended and balance has returned.

People enlightened! 1 MP gained!

Elizas, accepting the job offer, chooses to head out into the courtyard of the building.

There are a whole lot of people outside, actually. Drinking, chatting up loose women, discussing today's happenings - all in all, looks like this place attracts an educated crowd.

[Vocal performance roll: 3+1]

Elizas then performs yet another soon-to-be-hit (possibly), "Here Is My Religion and Everyone Should Convert to It".

The message isn't all that nicely carried to the audience, but it makes for very good background music. Few more times and a subliminal effect may be achieved!

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 18, 2013, 02:51:52 pm »

Lars looks to the heavens.  While destroying the disgusting heathens was important, getting to the armory was still vital.

"How close are we to the armory?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 18, 2013, 04:37:22 pm »

Gronok smiles benevolently.
Are there any other tales you wish me to tell?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 18, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »

Gods like sacrifice, right? Wait...

"One sec."

Take her literally: Go back to where I left the bucket, grab the bucket, and bring it back to Azha.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2013, 06:55:37 am »

Lars looks to the heavens.  While destroying the disgusting heathens was important, getting to the armory was still vital.

"How close are we to the armory?"

"Not too far, I'd say. Third turn on the left if we keep on going straight."

Gronok smiles benevolently.
Are there any other tales you wish me to tell?

"Yes, tell us the tale of God. Where did it come from?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2013, 07:50:42 am »

"Then let's head there now.  If we catch a small group on the way, we can ambush them, but otherwise we must focus on our goal, and break the power of these sinners."

Continue to head for the armory.  Dispatch targets of opportunity if doing so does not take us far off course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:33 pm »

"...er, I guess so...?" She hadn't really been expecting this, and now her mind was getting creative on just what this test might be.

Accept test.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2013, 03:09:05 pm »

((Oh dear. Post here later.))
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2013, 06:38:49 pm »

More music.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 64 - A Prophet's Pastime
« Reply #629 on: June 23, 2013, 03:23:49 pm »

Turn 64 - A Prophet's Pastime

Phiali decides to get smart with Azha and perform one of those brutally annoying 'exact words' things.

"One sec."

He waltzes out of the building, goes downhill, picks up the bucket he previously discarded and goes back to Azha, handing it to her, slightly winded from the downhill-uphill rush.

"Here you go," he says, giving her the decrepit old thing.

"Was it really worth it, running all that distance just to waste ten seconds of my time?"

"I'm a prophet. Wasting time is what I do. Don't question it."

"Very well. Hand me the copper bucket in your other hand that actually has water in it."

Lars, feeling that this whole thing begs for a quick resolution, comes to a decision.

"Then let's head there now.  If we catch a small group on the way, we can ambush them, but otherwise we must focus on our goal, and break the power of these sinners."

The group affirms this decision, and they all follow the guard, keeping a lookout for any guards they might slay to keep their trip fun and profitable. However, none are in sight. Probably all hiding somewhere. Eventually they come to a hallway that seems to lead to a set of large, imposing metal doors with the image of a raging fire engraved on them. There looks to be a single guard in front of them.

"Well, that's the armory - turn left at that door and go down the hallway and there we'll find the reliquary room, also behind a similar-looking door."

Shashari, figuring there's no sense in delaying the inevitable, not to mention rather curious on what the test might be, accepts the filthy heathen's offer with an appropriate level of conviction.

"...er, I guess so...?"

"Very good! Now, if you don't mind," he takes out two blindfolds, putting one over Shashari's eyes and one over the Siren's.

"Have to prevent cheating, after all."

He then leads Shashari over rather uncomfortable patches of undergrowth for about half an hour before finally stopping and untying the blindfold. Shashari finds that she is in the middle of nowhere as usual, and pays it no further mind.

"Right, then. We're here! Time for your test."

Shashari looks at the heathen quizzically before she is unceremoniously shoved forward and the ground beneath her gives way, leading to a slight fall downwards.

[Shashari landing roll: 5]

Luckily for her, her survival instinct kicks in at just the right moment and she lands without injury of any kind. Looking around, she realizes that it is completely dark down here, with only a little bit of light shining in from about three meters above where she fell through.

"Now, your task is twofold! Find the most prized relic of the Goddess and find a way out! If you do this, you will have proven without a doubt the worth of both yourself and your god! Stay safe, now!"

Before Shashari can ask anything, she hears the rapidly leaving footsteps of the heathen. Hm. So this is the way they want to play it, eh?

Gronok smiles benevolently at the provoked discussion.

"Are there any other tales you wish me to tell?"

The listeners, now having gotten into a rather heated heart-to-heart, turn to him.

"Yes, tell us the tale of God. Where did it come from?"

Oh my. That's... an interesting request.

Elizas, having gotten into a comfortable groove, keeps on exercising those pipes while playing the guitar.

[Vocal performance roll: 3+1]

And he does certainly provide a good enough background track for the establishment. It's good in that unobtrusive, almost unnoticeable way. The patrons appear to be enjoying themselves, though the room empties over time as the occupants go off on to perform their... business in this building. At the end of the night, Elizas is left alone in the yard, having converted exactly zero people, though he has scored four tezerams in tips.

The owner approaches him, handing a small pouch of coins.

"Here are your fifteen tezerams. Not a bad job, keep at it."

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 60