Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 69184 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.
« Reply #885 on: October 16, 2013, 12:36:56 pm »

I just have one question.

How did Phiali fail in his current venture?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 16, 2013, 12:38:11 pm »

I just have one question.

How did Phiali fail in his current venture?

Are you asking me to provide an epilogue or something else?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 16, 2013, 12:58:39 pm »

Maybe not that long, but an epilogue works.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 16, 2013, 01:12:25 pm »

Maybe not that long, but an epilogue works.

Let's see, then.

[6-->4] Shockingly, Phiali didn't fail at all for once. He managed to snuff the bonfire just fine, with the help of the other guy! Talk about a shocking twist, eh?

[6-->2] It didn't particularly endear him to the villagers, though. They were, however, in a suggestible and distraught enough state for him to attempt to exploit through conversion.

[3] He even got one actual convert before they ran him out of town. A happy ending for him, truly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

Aw, that's a shame. Very unique concept, very well executed. Definitely had fun.

I've also been thinking for a while that the stories of Lars would probably be the primary, focused tales of the main prophet, while stories of Shashari the Forest Wanderer would probably mainly be children's stories. Been trying to think of what everyone else's exploits might fall under, but now seems to be the time.

Gronok I get the feeling would show up in tavern stories.

The crimson lady who dropped out I'm thinking would be one of those obscure prophets who a handful of people really admire or consider important but a lot of people haven't even heard of or are only vaguely familiar with.

Elizas I suspect would be a niche prophet/character, not really showing up in any of the main stuff but being really admired by a handful for his talents/exploits. Not as niche as Crimson, I wouldn't think.

Phiali... I think would be those really weird stories where you're really not sure what the point of them was. Arguably everyone's got at least a little of that, but somehow I think an epic stanza about a bucket would be an especially good candidate for scholars to endlessly debate the meaning of, while everyone else is either not familiar with them or has absolutely no idea what they're supposed to mean or maybe has some fairly simple, not especially deep or necessarily accurate assumption about tenacity or drinking from life or something.

Again though, very nice game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 16, 2013, 06:34:46 pm »

Phiali... I think would be those really weird stories where you're really not sure what the point of them was. Arguably everyone's got at least a little of that, but somehow I think an epic stanza about a bucket would be an especially good candidate for scholars to endlessly debate the meaning of, while everyone else is either not familiar with them or has absolutely no idea what they're supposed to mean or maybe has some fairly simple, not especially deep or necessarily accurate assumption about tenacity or drinking from life or something.
I think Phiali would be the perfect inspiration for a sort of Taoist spin-off sect that says you should be focused on the journey and failure doesn't matter.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 16, 2013, 06:52:26 pm »

I think Phiali would be the perfect inspiration for a sort of Taoist spin-off sect that says you should be focused on the journey and failure doesn't matter.
Or he could be the Job of this religion.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 16, 2013, 07:44:47 pm »

Lars had a bit of a meta advantage in seeing what everyone did first, that got bolstered by his IC reason of obedience being the primary rule he added.  That said, I also think his goal was the clearest.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2013, 11:28:48 pm »

Gronok's travels certainly sound insane enough to be told by a drunkard.
Or be a really wierd folk tale.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60]