Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small idea  (Read 727 times)

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Small idea
« on: December 27, 2012, 07:53:35 pm »

How about after both amendments pass, and you have a elite liberal president, they give you amnesty for all your past and future crimes when you appear in court!?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small idea
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:44:16 am »

Little more than "small" idea, I'd say.

Given that exposing the CCS' government connection to the public eventually boots C+ legislators, sets Police Regulation to L, and gets the FBI--a federal agency not noted for Liberal tendencies--to kill the CCS for you...I think that creating a comparable government-endorsement between the LCS & an Elite Liberal government via public amnesty grants is asking for trouble.

The most I'd expect is a Presidential pardon for hacking the CIA supercomputer (so far as I know, simply trying to hack it guarantees a count of Treason) if that's how you got the Backer List.  One count of Treason expunged, probably the Breaking & Entering too if you broke a lock on the way in.  Getting any assaults/murders from a car chase after the fact pardoned might be tricky.

(FWIW the legislative amendment simply makes all legislative offices go up for election immediately, and then once every year.  If you disband early and the country goes Conservative, it's entirely possible to have the legislature flip back.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:14:51 pm »

Little more than "small" idea, I'd say.

Given that exposing the CCS' government connection to the public eventually boots C+ legislators, sets Police Regulation to L, and gets the FBI--a federal agency not noted for Liberal tendencies--to kill the CCS for you...I think that creating a comparable government-endorsement between the LCS & an Elite Liberal government via public amnesty grants is asking for trouble.

I think that it would be great for the exact same reason. Double standards are funny and all over the place in this game.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 06:33:15 pm »

Then the rest of the game would be absolutely no challenge at all?!

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »

Yeah, I feel like the plausibility of this would depend on the level of amnesty offered. If it still won't stop police raids etc, then it doesn't change much, except if you can surrender to police then you don't have to risk your liberals dying and can just surrender to preserve them. But if they just outright stop attacking you, the game is way too easy.

In any case, I think it's not the best idea, it's too game-changing and the late game is already easy enough.