Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Author Topic: Roll To Redshirt  (Read 83603 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll To Redshirt
« on: December 28, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

You are redshirts.
To cut a long story short, the galaxy is at war, and suddenly every single warring faction invented cloning machines at the same time. Thanks to something that I can't be bothered to think up, each faction's clones wear different coloured uniforms. Yours are red.
    So now you have to fight your way across the galaxy at the whim of your human masters. On the bright side, if you die, the cloneomaticclonemaker3.568392791 will create an exact replica of you so you can carry on fighting. Unfortunately, logistics and supply problems mean a limited number of clones can be made.

Anyway, your first mission is to take an enemy defence line on Gvatriz 3 from a resource-starved army of Blueshirts. 400 Redshirts against 250 Blues. No armour support, unfortunately.

The first person to post an action will be the boss/chief/commander/ whatever. He gets a nice shiny sword and machine pistol.
The second person to post an action will be THE SARGE. He gets grenades and a SMG.
Everyone else is a grunt. They get a Standard Rifle.
What are you waiting for? Post your actions!

(( basically a large scale team death match. May remind you of Exkirby's Redshirt Army.
First post/action in the morning.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Redshirt
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

dive for cover.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 06:52:11 pm »

Follow Scapheap and give cover fire.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 06:56:04 pm »

Eat them all.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »

Reveal my self to be blue clone. Kill scapheap.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »

Be the squad medic.
Use medigun or other appropriate medical tools on nearest injured squadmate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »

Set phaser to kill, avoid aliens, ambush blueshirt patrols
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

Provide covering fire for the reds.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 12:03:35 am »

Hide behind the guy eating everyone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 12:10:00 am »

Dig a foxhole to entrench self, using standard issue E(ntrenchment)-tool, which I have named Marv.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:15 am »

At the start of the battle for Gvatriz 3...
                  400 REDSv250 BLUS.

Scapheap dives for cover! (4) leaping behind a handy tank trap.
Corai follows and provides cover fire! (5) who needs cover fire? Two blues fall down riddled with bullets.
Kingquest tries more primal tactics! (5) you run up and dine on the first couple of blues you can see, completely terrifying the others.
Persus is a traitor! (4) he shoots Corai, who was in the way.
GWG is the medic! (6) he shoots Corai so hard with the medi-gun that although the gunshot wound is healed, Corai's head is blown off.
Unholy requests a phaser! (5) he gets one! He then avoids nonexistent aliens and shoots down a careless blue who walked by.
Doomblade provides covering fire! (6) his fire is super effective. Pity a ricochet caught Unholy in the head.((phaser up for the taking. Also Corai's gear))
Irony tries to hide behind kingquest! (2) he stands in the open looking like a moron.
Pufferfish tries to dig a foxhole! (1) he brains himself with Marv.

BLUE REACTION: (5-3)
Blue 1 opens fire! (4) he nails Irony in the heart.
Blue 2 runs for safety! (4) he leaps behind an armoured wall.

End turn status:
                    495REDSv246BLUS.

(( firstly, instant respawns.
Secondly, Persus is now a blue for status reports.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 05:44:56 am »

Redeploy, reclaim phaser, re-ambush blueshirts
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:09 am »

spay and pray into the enemy ranks from cover.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 05:50:24 am »

((Curses! Getting shot in the heart was the opposite of what I wanted! :P))

Request rocket launcher. Open fire on Blus either way.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 06:28:55 am »

Beat the blues to death with their comrades limbs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49