Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 48788 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2012, 01:20:21 am »

Create the Chaos Creatures. Each is like a little Cthulhu, random disposition towards other races. just as likely to give you some free food as burn your house down.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 01:22:22 am »

My plan is to futiley moderate everyone else. I'll be the god no one else likes, but the humans wish you all would listen to. Sounds like fun!
Nikalas might listen to you and will genuienly like you if you help the scared and try to make them brave. That is basically his entire point as a god. Uplifint the fearful into the feared. Also fucking around with horrible outer things.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 01:25:26 am »

Create the Chaos Creatures. Each is like a little Cthulhu, random disposition towards other races. just as likely to give you some free food as burn your house down.

Wait, but I'm Cthulhu.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 01:27:23 am »

I think we're waiting on feedback from the GM.

Also, a player list in once place might be helpful so we can avoid situations like the above with the redundant Cthulhu-ness.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 01:28:49 am »

Wait, but I'm Cthulhu.
You're a Cthulhu expy (not in a bad way), my little guys just look like Cthulhu.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 02:18:37 am »

I think that should be enough players. More people could join, but I might say NO now. Mostly because of the 5 gods or so, and 1 Devil and Faery. Was not planning on that happening, though I did figure it might happen.

Aaaaaanyway. Alphabetical order hurray! But first. The Followers thing shows how many followers you have, and how devoted they are, from 1 to 10(one being 'Cooky McGodofFood, please let this not be poisoned) and 10 being Prophets and their immediate accompaniment. Multiply the number by about 100 to get the actual population. Multiply the number by the devotion(in parentheses) to get your worship each turn. Worship is depleted by actions and time(gods without worshipers fall asleep or fade). Population of the world(and thus followers available) helps determine how much worship is lost each turn. Similar thing for Devils. Faeries...Magic is randomly gained each turn. Probably around 5-15, depending. But no depletion, and you can perform ceremonies etc. to increase magic.

Learn from your fellows...

World:
Population: 100

Alrezar: Ooh, the place the humans call Jiorya seems nice. Good fish dishes there. And definitely cold. You screw with them a while, sometimes leading an asshole of a trader off a cliff during a blizzard, for his shiny things and a lesson, sometimes saving a child from a storm. Sometimes killing a random person with a thrown hailstone the size of their head. It's fun, doesn't need much energy, and definitely attracts the things in the area...Some of the ice sprites flock to you, finding you interesting and funny. And a frost giant, who doesn't find you so funny. Or tolerable. What to do...
Followers gained: 2(not that it does anything much other than seem nice. Right now, at least.)
Magic used: 30(30 magic ice tricks)
Magic gained: 12(passive and random. Meaning I'm randomly choosing numbers. Screw dice)
Magic: 72(Started with 90)

Celestia: You rise, and the farmers who worship you, give thanks throughout the growing times, though scowl and curse during the months without your blessed warmth. The tentacled masses that hide from your light are a foul thing though.
Followers gained: 30(1)
Worship used: 30(10 upkeep, 20 raising. Sacrifice or the sun doesn't rise is real)
Worship gained: 0(Until next turn...)
Worship: 70

Cthulhu: Your shoggoths worship you, not in secret...they don't care, they only want to please you! However...sadly, the humans seem to dislike them for whatever reason. Maybe evil-looking tentacled horrors aren't their thing? Anyway, a lot die. Some are a bit too devoted and forget to eat, but that's okay. There's still some left...you suppose. Plus a weird disease among the humans doesn't affect them(thank Cthulhu!), which means humans REALLY don't like them. Jealousy and all that.
Followers gained: 3(10)
Worship used: 80(10 upkeep, 70 race creation)
Worship gained: 0
Worship: 20(And this is how you fall asleep...right?)

Draco: No action, not in game yet(apparently), but an upkeep cost anyway. If you were letting others go to learn worship costs, that was smart) 90 worship now.

Javier: Your disease kills many, and attracts the sick-minded, ill-of-heart, and desperate. Stupid other races popping up...
Fear Rating(flat number, gives you influence every turn): 10
Followers gained: 1(5), 5(3)
Influence used: 45(5 upkeep, 20 disease spread, 20 cultist gathering)(Devils last longer without emotion sustaining them...but it's more difficult to perform tasks)
Influence gained: 0
Influence: 55

Jebyg: Your chaos creatures are sometimes loved, sometimes hated. And embarrassingly, the humans call them faeries...they worship you, though only sometimes, and in seemingly random devotion styles. But it more or less evens out.
Followers gained: 8(5)
Worship used: 80(10 upkeep, 70 race creation)
Worship: 20

Nikalas: It takes a while, and myths rise about an old man who treats you to your doom if you are too prideful, but you finally find one...that spear in your back was worth it. Your prophet, the leader of a large hunting clan, takes your challenge, and surpasses it easily, having a psychological condition that means literally nothing scares him. His hunting clan believe that you have been helping him this entire time. Too bad a disease begins to ravage the clan...
Followers gained: 1(10), 6(3)
Worship used: 40(10 upkeep, 30 prophet creation)
Worship: 60

Protogenos: See: Draco

Strelic: Unlike Nikalas, you find it easy to obtain a suitable prophet. Almost too easy; siphoning through their minds to find the best candidate takes a while. But you do. A true gambler, but a smart one, who wanders the roads(and is a bit down on his luck...). The best part? He's able to spread your word far and wide, and prove it too. Though people don't find luck to be something foremost in your loves, everyone, from the humble farmer hoping for a good harvest, to rich warlords hoping to seize more land, give heed to you. But diseases and strange new things mean people want more luck, to help them with the hard times.
Followers gained: 1(10), 25(1)
Worship used: 40(10 upkeep, 30 prophet creation)
Worship: 60

Creating a race gives 10 of them, but they can die. Good night!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:24:52 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 02:30:20 am »

@Javier: While I don't like you killing my followers I think I can make this work out for both of us. We should combine our powers to make servants. Creatures born of sickess and the fear of it. I use it to gain more followers, you use it to fuck shit up. It'll be fun!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 02:32:30 am »

Find a crazy as hell guy, an angry as hell guy, and a chaotic as fuck guy. They shall be my prophets, each shall start a cult worshipping a different aspect of me.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 02:53:16 am »

Journey through the land, killing anything I see fit to kill, spreading my pestilence
Except for the few who appeal to me, they shall be Carriers, and be cursed to infect others

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 03:36:03 am »

Celestia:

I reach out from the Sun with the tiniest portion of Myself, and clothe It in a light form of grace and beauty.

Much like a finger puppet reaching onto a stage, my avatar descends like a meteor from the heavens, circling the planet a few times before settling into the atmosphere for a leisurely subsonic flight. As I observe the world from both around and within the space that contains it, I see that it is good.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 03:48:31 am »

I Nikalas dies by hialrous terrible means I think I might make Luna. Just to balance things out.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 03:54:40 am »

Can we not turn this into a My Little Pony god game? I'd personally appreciate it if we didn't.

Strelic was rather satisfied, with a proper prophet he could easily spread his teachings and knowledge throughout the land. Although he didn't exactly have a gigantic following, that would all come in due time. He sent word to his prophet by dream, suggesting that he head to the nearest major trade hub to spread news of a new god who would bestow luck on those who are worthy and worship him.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 03:55:52 am »

Celestia:

I reach out from the Sun with the tiniest portion of Myself, and clothe It in a light form of grace and beauty.

Much like a finger puppet reaching onto a stage, my avatar descends like a meteor from the heavens, circling the planet a few times before settling into the atmosphere for a leisurely subsonic flight. As I observe the world from both around and within the space that contains it, I see that it is good.
KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE AND CLAW AND TENTACLE AND HATE. I WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH A HORRID CREATURE.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 04:01:25 am »

Is there a spot for a faerie? If so, I'd like to have the ideas of Knowledge and Memories. I would be a guardian of Knowledge, even that of forgotten gods.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 05:30:34 am »

I put a demon in. If I end up on the waitlist, I can wait

Name: Cupiditas(sorry about the name, but it this or libido)
Concepts: Lust, Restrain and Pain
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37