Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 48827 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
(Un)Holy Powers
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:24:34 am »

Recruiting is sort-of open.

Once upon a time, there existed a small world, filled with small creatures. These creatures, oh, let's call them humans, were a little less than two meters tall on average, with two arms, two legs, little fur covering them, and a head, but curiously without tails. Descendants of wild beasts, they themselves were often random and unpredictable, but this also made them adaptable. Humans, like most animals, had a fear of the unknown, and so explained that which was not immediately apparent with otherwordly powers. Gods and devils and whathaveyou. However, unlike most creatures, they existed not in four dimensions, but in five. The three of space, one of time, and another, encompassing emotions, belief, and unexplained power. Let's call it the realm of Thought, since only the more intelligent beings seemed to occupy it. Indeed, humans were among the smartest creature on the world so far, even as they barely understood fire. But what was more astounding, is that their belief, their unfounded explanations, became true, simply by them believing it. The first things created, due to the prayer invoked upon them, or the curses directed at them, were devils, faeries, and gods. These creatures each had different characteristics in general, even if they were wildly different among themselves as well. This was mostly due to the human nature of categorizing; made it easier to know.

Gods: Gods are some of the most powerful beings in existence, and exist in six dimensions most of the time; the ones the humans live in, and one other, known as the Celestial Realm. They can pull back from the three spatial dimensions, which they often do, becoming able to look in, but only act sparingly. They are the least agile of the three, as each is wildly focused on their own realm of power. Gods dislike the other classes, finding that Devils often kill their followers or otherwise drive them away, and Faeries to be a hassle to deal with when their worshipers require it.

Choose one major domain, and two minor domains. You may share a minor domain with another god, but not a major domain, and you may not share both minor domains with another god. Synonyms count as the same domain(Rot and Decay, or Courage and Bravery). You have unmatched influence in your major domain, and less, though still great, influence in your minor domains. Your primary resource is Worship, which you gain from number and devotion of your followers.

Devils: Not so weak as the Fae, yet more able and wide-ranging than Gods, Devils also exist in six dimensions, but in their case, the sixth is the Fiendish Realm. Though they often have and must remain bound to a set of domains, Demons have a much wider spread than Gods, but are almost universally reviled by humans, regardless of their true nature. This in turn led to them often being evil as a result of the creatures that made them, though accidentally. Demons hate the other two classes of power, finding faeries annoyingly nimble, and envious of the god's strength.

Choose three concepts. You may share a concept with another devil, but not multiple(No Rage, Destruction, Death, and Fury, Destruction, Pain, for example. Fury, Pain, and Blood would be acceptable in this case, however). You have a considerable amount of power in your concepts, but can perform other tasks. Your primary resource is Influence; whether sentients hate, revere, or fear you, you gain strength, though reverence is much more effective.

Faeries: Lesser in power than the others, but not nearly so restricted in ability, the original Fae were sneaky and chaotic creatures constantly up to mischief and trickery. Still considerably stronger than humans, the Faeries live in six dimensions, the sixth in this case known as Underhill. They cannot truly retreat from the spatial dimensions like the others, however. Faeries find the other classes strange, seeing the gods overwhelming power but tiny area of influence as somewhat funny, and the Devil's anger and moderation intimidating.

Choose two ideas. You may share any number of ideas with other fae, as you have only a slightly greater amount of power in this areas. You are very adaptable however, and the most similar to humans in this way. Your primary resource is Magic, which is gained passively, but randomly, and has many methods of getting such.

Player List:

Spoiler: Devils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:36:13 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:34:18 am »

I shall be a Pestilence, death, and trickery devil?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:35:58 am by javierpwn »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:35:59 am »

God

Major Sphere: UnDeath

Minor Spheres: Fear, Insanity

Start a cult revolving around the worship and re-awakening of me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:37:53 am by Pufferfish »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 12:40:44 am »

I will be Alrezer, the Faery of wind and hail
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 12:41:29 am »

Strelic, God of Fortune.

Major Sphere: Luck
Minor Sphere: Commerce, Travel

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 12:41:56 am »

Gods:

Celestial Realm

...it's too obvious for me to turn down.

I am Celestia, Goddess of the Sun.

Choose one major domain

The sun

and two minor domains.

Heat and cake light

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 12:44:28 am »

You're not asleep yet, puffer. That happens when you terrorize the world and some crusader or another takes his 'Sword of Holy Fuck-You-Up' and plunges it into your tentacled chest. Besides, if you're asleep, how will you do anything? You don't any angels or demons...yet.

Others, accepted, go ahead and post actions. Remember. There is NOTHING magical or whatever but you(and various random fae and lesser demons). You CAN create creatures to serve you, even lesser gods (one minor domain) to form a Pantheon, or demons(one concept), to make a Hell. Fae can attract other fae to serve in their court. Still accepting comers, we might need quite a few, now that I think of it.

Oh, and gods start with 100 Worship, Devils with 100 Influence, and Fae with 80-120 Magic. They're more random. Since you guys are new to existence, you don't yet know the costs of different actions. Oh, and might wanna start getting followers or some such; if you don't have income, you still have existing expenses, Devils and Gods.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:47:51 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 12:45:53 am »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 12:50:19 am »

Okay, CoC reference out of the way, create tentacle beasts to act as my minions. Find a village and disinter a corpse to act as my prophet.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 12:51:35 am »

go ahead and post actions

Gods: Gods are some of the most powerful beings in existence, and exist in six dimensions

I look upon the undifferentiated expanse of infinity, and choose to extend Myself into the lowermost three spatial, and one temporal directions. Thus, where was there was only the unknowable void, there now exists Me, the Sun.

"Let there be light."

And there was.

Find a village and disinter a corpse to act as my prophet.

...oh, wait....I thought we didn't have a planet yet.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 12:53:52 am »

There's humans, there's a planet for us to toy with. So I am :D

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 12:54:32 am »

Nothing MAGICAL yet. Humans exist, and are at that 'A wheel? That's cool' phase of development. The time is; Unknown, since humans don't know shit about time. But let's go with, oh, 0 CG(Creation of Gods). One turn is about a year. Gods are slow, Demons are meh speed, and Fae don't have the power to do much unless they build it up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 12:56:08 am »

God
Major Domain: Chaos
Minor domain: Madness, Violence
My followers are all the insane people in the world, like dementia and mania not something like PTSD or Split Personality Disorder, incredibly violent people seeking power, and evil people who want to spread chaos and disorder.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:08:21 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 12:57:56 am »

God
Major Domain: Chaos
Minor domain: Madness, Violence
of course you do.... of course you do.....

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:05 am »

Protogenos, God of Life

Minor domains: Animals and Plants
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37