Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 49745 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2012, 06:32:44 pm »

http://www.gardenguides.com/130194-long-can-plants-live-sunlight-water.html

"A plant deprived of sunlight but given water will live for a few weeks"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2012, 06:34:52 pm »

List of Charges So Far:

Alrezar--Wanton Slaughter of Mortals (the "occasionally throwing a hailstone" at people in Turn 1; Very Minor)
Azaroth--None
Celestia--Being a MLP (no punishment)
Cthulhu--Possibly Horrific Transformation of Innocents (Minor if you transformed people into shoggoths; no punishment if not)
Javier--Unlawful Release of a Deadly Plague (Major)
Jebyg--None
Kazar--None
Nikalas--None
Protogenos--None
Strelic--None

List of Good Things Done:
Alrezar--Divine Punishment of "asshole fishermen," Saved Children
Azaroth--None
Celestia--Aided farmers
Cthulhu--None
Javier--None
Jebyg--None
Kazar--None
Nikalas--None
Protogenos--None
Strelic--None

So...pretty much no one has done anything bad except the plague guy. I promise to give anyone who wants to full pardon for the crimes mentioned above if they will help me punish Javier. Lord_Bucket, I'll ignore any consequences of your flashy manifestation if you will help me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »

Oh god of fear, smite those who are without fear or bravery and filled with anger, especially that woman who seeks to halt the spread of diseasePROGRESS
On one hand you 're a pretty cool guy. On the other is that your diseases are killing my people. Also the woman is pretty brave.
Whoops, doing my turn nao. Thought I had posted already.

Nikalas has his followers quartine any sick in one hut. He then uses his goldy powers to muatate the sick into the personfication of the fear of sickness. They will hunt in the larger villages and towns. Killing the weak and warning people about the danger of sickness.
This is my action for last turn.
but think about it, her cult of followers will be scared if one of the fearless members dies

But to GWG, the more resilient members of society will become superhuman !!
Immune to all disease!
And besides killing off 1/10 of the population of the world isn't that bad, right?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:39:39 pm by javierpwn »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »

But I like it when people are brave. I want to push the scared into being fearless.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2012, 06:41:24 pm »

But if they are scared, in their time of weakness, You could make them braver than ever!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2012, 06:43:16 pm »

Well, if that's an open invite, then I wouldn't mind helping out. Sending the humans to war against Javier's followers and his plague beasts will work wonders.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2012, 06:46:52 pm »

Butsetting fires to the homes of many innocents will work wonders even better!
Especially since we are devils, and should not care for gods and instead aid each other against the gods!
Their will be far more destruction in helping me!

Edit: we gain power from the fear of mortals, the anger that they give us
You won't be able to rise against the Fae or the Gods with that attitude!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:53:04 pm by javierpwn »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2012, 06:54:20 pm »

Also GWG, I made some people immune to the plague

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »

I'm not gonna; I've made no crimes so far, and I really don't want  Javier to plague my necromancers and, if this is even possible, my undead. Also Wyrm, what counts as a major offense? Anything that disturbs that natural order of things, or just the slaughter of massive amounts of humans? Would, say, resurrecting an army of zombies that I had no hand in killing be considered a charge if I hadn't actually done anything with them?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »

But to GWG, the more resilient members of society will become superhuman !!
Immune to all disease!
No they won't.
1. The people surviving? They happen to be protected by people like me.
2. They might become immune to your disease, but no others.
3. The "immunity" will probably come with the equivalent of sickle-shaped red blood cells, if it comes at all.

And besides killing off 1/10 of the population of the world isn't that bad, right?
Yes, it is. It's like killing everyone in China and India about three times each.

But I like it when people are brave. I want to push the scared into being fearless.
mcclay...mcclay...which guy are you again?

Well, if that's an open invite, then I wouldn't mind helping out. Sending the humans to war against Javier's followers and his plague beasts will work wonders.
Of course it is. Thank you for your help.

He won't need to, either.

Also GWG, I made some people immune to the plague
Whoop-de-doo. The plague you made, no?

Also Wyrm, what counts as a major offense? Anything that disturbs that natural order of things, or just the slaughter of massive amounts of humans? Would, say, resurrecting an army of zombies that I had no hand in killing be considered a charge if I hadn't actually done anything with them?
I'm Pragmatic Good. Raising the dead corpses? As long as the souls are unmolested and the zombies aren't doing evil, I'm cool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2012, 07:08:53 pm »

Butsetting fires to the homes of many innocents will work wonders even better!
Especially since we are devils, and should not care for gods and instead aid each other against the gods!
Their will be far more destruction in helping me!

I get more power from reverence than fear or anger. It'll also be easier to get a firm following if I'm not constantly beset by do-gooder Gods. Also, my spheres aren't in essence evil, (well, two of them aren't) so I'm not forced into conflict, unlike you. And who said I wouldn't be burning homes to the ground? They'll just be yours.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2012, 07:11:22 pm »

What do you mean by that. I test those that worship me. If they fail they become scared and form the common worshiplers. Those that are brave are raised to the higher ranks and inspire the populace.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2012, 07:15:32 pm »

Okay, as a reply so people can see it more easily, here's a list of how powerful things are, from most to least.

Greater Gods (GG) (PCs) - A single god can, by itself, take on anything else 1 on 1 and win. Might be difficult, but they will.
Devils(PCs) - Two devils working together can defeat a Greater God.
Lesser Gods (LG) - Two working together can beat a devil, three can match a Greater God. Greater Gods can make Lesser Gods, though it takes a hefty chunk of power. They have mind sof their own(I say what they'll do) but usually help you, if only because your domains and goals usually align, and GGs are often more capable and knowledgable. They have one or two domains of your choosing(1 major or two minor)
Faery Lords(FL) (PCs) - Two can take on a devil and be even, or beat an LG, it takes at least five to beat a GG.
Demons - As LGs are to GGs, Demons are to Devils. Two can match an FL. One concept.
Angels - Will do what their god says. Only made by GGs. Have characteristics dependent on their god. Two to three to beat a demon.
Faery Court (FC) - The more powerful Fae, but not as powerful as the lords. Similar, but not equal, to LGs for GGs(have one idea, not two). They flock to you instead, so you'll often have quite a few once you get your power base established, but beware! for the Fae are envious and may seek to overwhelm you. Takes at least 5 to beat a FL. Two can beat an angel.
Imps - As Angels are to GGs, Imps are to Devils. Three to beat an FC.
Lesser Fae (LF) - Actually about the same power as Imps, but takes four to beat an FC.

Human Magic Users - Depends on their power, but most are weaker than Lesser Fae. None are stronger than Faery Court. Ones supported by the Powers That Be are more powerful, of course.

There are exceptions; anything with a war or fighting domain is, in a straight fight, typically 1 tier higher(a Demon with the concept of Battle will beat most Faery Lords).

Also, a few unique powers. Devils and Demons can possess people, Both Celestials(GGs, LGs, and Angels) and Fiends(Devils, Demons, and Imps) can appear in dreams. Gods can make prophets. Fae(Lords, Court, and Lesser) can interact more easily with mortals; anything they do with them directly is far more likely to be successful. They're the most relatable of the classes to these people. It's usually a good idea to put aside your grievances and get a Fae on your side for that reason. Of course, Fae are wily, and only a Lord is likely to see any reason to do so...Gods find it very difficult to perform miracles beyond prophet, race, or domain-related ones. Don't try and put out the sun if you aren't a god of darkness, the sun, or fear.

Will update turn in a few minutes. One more thing. Evil gods don't get many worshipers. Humans don't like you. So be careful.

Finally, when posting actions, try to post your god's name, so I can look through the massive wall of posts more quickly. Speaking of, who wants an OOC thread so you can talk this stuff without me going GAH I CAN'T FIND MR. EXAMPLE'S POST! :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2012, 07:21:40 pm »

Fine then.....
I'll stop killing off half the population and trick mortals instead.
Trickery is my domain, I'll hold off from death for a while

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »

seek the woman who killed my followers and possess her, forcing her to kill her children( if I can't kill her, imma kill her children)
Create demons who will spread trick mortals into acting upon my will
Let my followers seek out the sick,  to grant them immunity if they act upon my will

I'm sorry GWG, but that woman killed quite a few of my followers
here are my changed actions
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:36:15 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37