Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scart to HDMI Converter For Old Xbox 360  (Read 2661 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Scart to HDMI Converter For Old Xbox 360
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:25:42 am »

I have recently purchased Halo 4 to be the swan song for my old Xbox 360. I believe it will red ring soon, as the old thing is now nearly 6 or 7 years old and works rather laboriously, so what better way to end its life than with the modern-day successor of my first original xbox game - Combat Evolved? However, upon attempting to connect it to my big HD TV, I've discovered that because it's so old it doesn't have an HDMI port on the back of the console. I understand that it is possible to get Scart to HDMI conversion kits/boxes.

Would you gentlemen have advice on this issue? I have read that there was a conversion kit released by MadCatz (or however one spells the name), but I have heard they are of questionable quality and are currently unavailable anywhere for purchase online. I am currently browsing Amazon for basic Scart to HDMI conversion boxes but I don't know if they're going to work. Do I need a dedicated "xbox" HDMI converter?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Scart to HDMI Converter For Old Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:26 am »

Wait your tv doesn't have component connections on the back (old version of HD)?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:24 am »

Wait your tv doesn't have component connections on the back (old version of HD)?

It actually does, but I failed to get any picture through that - no signal from the device. I have no idea why, I even double checked with instructions from xbox.com.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:51:47 am by Owlbread »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:38:19 am »

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 05:31:27 pm »

u not have the green blue yello mofo wires on Xbox?

Should be on default wire on Xbox.

IF proper ones dont work then i doubt some attachment with same connectors will work.

U also change setting on Xbox wire switch or options yea?

WOOHOO JD new year rambles.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 06:04:32 pm »

oh god that hurt my head reading that, I assume he's asking if you have the correct cables(you should if you have the original cable)