Advanced search  

Author Topic: Home  (Read 2077 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Home
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:25 pm »

Anyone else played this?  Is there enough variability to the game to warrant multiple plays?  I just played through it for the first time today.  Not sure what to say about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Home
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:38:56 pm »

??? could you give some more info the first thing I think when you say Home is PSN Home and I doubt you mean that.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »

There's a little indie game on Steam called simply Home.

Have a... Home page link    (yeah!)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:04:42 am »

I'm still too shaken up over Daemonophobia to even consider playing a horror game. This one looks interesting though. It's too bad that I don't have a Steam account and that I'm saving what little I have so I can get an anime boxset next week. Ah well, I might check this little game out when I'm not too bothered by the idea of playing a horror game.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 05:12:56 am »

It's NOT a horror game, and to answer OP's question : There is one way to play through it, but depending on stuff you find, and conclusions you make, your character weaves a different scenario in his mind.

For 1.49 it's decent.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 05:14:43 am »

Yeah, it looks like a horror game at first glance but it isn't. I didn't really have a whole lot of fun with it, considering it was mainly just you walking in a straight line, and occasionally going into a room to grab an item. The story is kind of "Meh" too, the only upside to this game is how the story changes depending on the choices you make.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:59:40 pm »

Yeah, it seemed like sort of an experimental game.  I can appreciate that, but the pacing was soooo slow.  I've seen some reports that the story alterations can be fairly drastic if you change things in a different playthrough, and I'm willing to try it one more time if that's the case.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

Yeah, it seemed like sort of an experimental game.  I can appreciate that, but the pacing was soooo slow.  I've seen some reports that the story alterations can be fairly drastic if you change things in a different playthrough, and I'm willing to try it one more time if that's the case.
So in other words it is an experimental and perhaps artistic game. If it were free then perhaps I might consider making an acquisition of said game, but at this time I am both saving up for something I desire more as well as wary of putting Steam on my somewhat ancient personal computer. Perhaps some other time, and perhaps sooner if someone can relay the system requirements for Home. The system requirements of Steam might be useful as well.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 03:58:54 pm »

I think a 386 could run Home.  It's the lowest res game I've played in a very long time.  It's also $1.50.  Not trying to sell it to you or anything.  Just letting you know. 

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight