Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: $100 in steam wallet for christmas. Now what?  (Read 7508 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: $100 in steam wallet for christmas. Now what?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 06:18:25 am »

Morrowind is on sale right now.

Mount and Blade Warband is also on sale right now.

That's $10 that would keep you having fun for a long time.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 06:27:39 am »

Mount and Blade: Warband & Elder Scrolls: Morrowind would keep you having fun for a long time. And that's for only $10. But I think they might go off sale at noon today.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 11:36:38 am »

For $10 you can get Mount and Blade: Warband and Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, which will keep you having fun for a long time. For $10 those two games, which are named Mount and Blade: Warband and Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Both together will keep you having fun for a long time.

(I'm only kidding :P)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 11:42:09 am »

Until the end of the sale, Rock of Ages is less than $2.50 and Dungeons of Dredmor is a dollar and change. If you have something leftover in your steam wallet at the end of the sale, I'd recommend them both very highly and for completely different reasons.

Bioshock 1+2 on sale for $10 for a few more hours. Not swords and sorcery fantasy, but still arguably a fantasy-action game. And great.

I feel like there's a fair chance Bastion or Fallout: New Vegas will hit a daily or flash sale, and they are both fantastic.

I personally picked up Arkham City and Mass Effect 1+2 on daily sales, but there might be a flash sale later and they're both pretty highly regarded games. Haven't played enough of Mass Effect to recommend it personally, but Arkham City is great fun.
Only played Mass Effect 1, and I'd recommend it JUST for the replayability. Completed it almost 7 times :3
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 02:18:25 pm »

Deus Ex (all of them) is $11.24 right now. If you've never played Deus Ex 1 it's only $2.49 and you really should play it.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 02:31:55 pm »

Deus Ex (all of them) is $11.24 right now. If you've never played Deus Ex 1 it's only $2.49 and you really should play it.
I'd say Human Revolution is not worth it, the bosses ruin the entire concept of the game.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:27 pm »

I'd say Human Revolution is not worth it, the bosses ruin the entire concept of the game.
Well, theres alot of ways to kill them but yea no pacifism path.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »

Psychonauts is on sale for ~2.50 for another hour as of this post. Good if you have a gamepad for your computer and enjoy platformer thingies.
Chivalry is on sale for ~12.00 if you enjoy multiplayer-only melee-oriented combat games. Its combat mechanics are different from Warband but is surprisingly good despite that. Warband is still good if you enjoy playing lots of mods or singleplayer too.
Castle Crashers is ~5.00 if you like Golden Axe style brawler thingies.

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 04:26:35 pm »

All that stuff that is 75 and more % off and not on the frontpage: http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3032613

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 05:22:46 pm »

Well, theres alot of ways to kill them but yea no pacifism path.
Talking about the stealth. Bosses are 100% action pretty much, not fun. To have ANY chance against bosses, you gotta go lethal, pretty much no way to complete the game nonlethal :/

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:34 pm »

Star Ruler is 80% off (so it's $4) until January 5. It's worth getting even if you've already got SOTS.

Terraria appears to be 75% off again as well for the next 43 hours if you still don't have that.

I believe DX:HR is worth playing, especially for only $5. The bosses don't make it not worth playing IMHO (though they can be frustrating initially, but if at first you don't succeed, go back to either better tactics, or more dakka). If you end up not liking it, you're only out $5.

Spoiler contains tactics, and I mention an item in a room with a boss, but no plot besides mentioning that there are bosses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:04:59 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »

Star Ruler is 80% off (so it's $4) until January 5. It's worth getting even if you've already got SOTS.

Terraria appears to be 75% off again as well for the next 43 hours if you still don't have that.

I believe DX:HR is worth playing, especially for only $5. The bosses don't make it not worth playing IMHO (though they can be frustrating initially, but if at first you don't succeed, go back to either better tactics, or more dakka). If you end up not liking it, you're only out $5.

Spoiler contains tactics, and I mention an item in a room with a boss, but no plot besides mentioning that there are bosses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never thought about that :/
Will try when I get the chance.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 06:07:49 pm »

It doesn't knock them out, just stuns them, unfortunately, but the game doesn't count killing the bosses against you for a non-lethal playthrough.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »

It doesn't knock them out, just stuns them, unfortunately, but the game doesn't count killing the bosses against you for a non-lethal playthrough.
I know, even using nonlethal has them die ::)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 06:11:39 pm »

Invisible War was even worse, too. Beat an armored paladin 'unconscious' with a baton? He explodes in your face, taking away most of your health. So much for non-lethal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3