Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120274 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.3: The Pegasus Device
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2013, 04:53:55 am »

One major cause seems to be butchering thief (or at least sand dog) corpses; every time this occurs, the game crashes hard. Is there a way to fix this? I'm really enjoying this mod otherwise...

I've looked through the body detail plan that is used for the dogs. Nothing seems out of place.

Well, I think I'll just redo it (and the tissues and materials that are used in it) when I'll be writing the next version.

Am wondering if someone wants to make a stonesense set for this.

Yeah, that would be great. A normal tileset would be good too.

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »

Could send a save where it's just about to happen if you'd like to take a closer look. I've got one where it happens very repeatably.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »

Anyone working on any new spells it gets boring seeing spinning ice all the time.
hell maybe a fire speel
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2013, 03:09:19 am »

Anyone working on any new spells it gets boring seeing spinning ice all the time.
hell maybe a fire speel

That ice spike is pretty much a compromise I think. A basic defensive spell for one purpose. Now a battlemage caste that can use a fire bolt to kill enemies on the other hand would probably be better, since you'd only rarely have battlemages roaming around and your unicorns working topside won't accidentally incinerate themselves and everything around them because an eagle passed by.
-
Going to finally download this and give it a whirl. Probably going to fail miserably at... Everything really because of all the changes. I probably won't even touch most of the new stuff for simplicity's sake; "who the hell needs that rainbow shit anyway when steel works just fine!" is probably going to be my MO until something made of steel retardant material shows up.

Oddly I wish I had somewhere to post another attempt at a community fort with this mod besides Bay12 (and has more than a handful of active people,) considering the massive flop the last one was on the audience front...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2013, 05:44:31 am »

...contact EQD? Really shouldn't bother anyone too much.

darkdrag00n

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2014, 03:55:29 pm »

i was kind of wondering if someone knew how to add in a sort of dragon cast i was thinking why not have one that was good at fighting fireproof and skilled at the smelters then the other ponies i guess i sort of seen a pic someone drew of spike and rarity and it got me thinking about this idea

https://static1.e621.net/data/79/58/79581d67fa0b0ee455fe9425ae6acce7.jpg <--- is the pic

anyway thought it was a sort of neat idea to have some fighters that could take on beasts made of fire and now burst into flames themselves

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

Does there happen to be a tileset for this where ponies (and all the other new creatures) actually look like them instead of, say, Dwarves and Elves?

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:46 am »

Welp.

I was thinking that the next DF release is right around the corner, and wanted to have that first. Just so that I wouldn't suddenly have to also adapt everything to it. But it's been almost 2 years since 0.34 (aka Valentine's release). I might just go ahead and start on the next version. When I'm done with another thing that I'm doing right now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:55:44 am by Valikdu »

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2014, 01:41:59 pm »

Welp.

I was thinking that the next DF release is right around the corner, and wanted to have that first. Just so that I wouldn't suddenly have to also adapt everything to it. But it's been almost 2 years since 0.34 (aka Valentine's release). I might just go ahead and start on the next version. When I'm done with another thing that I'm doing right now.
Yes do that pls.
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MLF: FiM 2.4: A Murder of Crows
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2014, 11:26:23 am »

Well, I'll try to get some things done before the inevitable update. The one that will be here soon. I hope. Maybe. Possibly. ...

Tentative list of updates:
-A new faction (possibly replacing another one)
-Additional workshops to choose the material for mundane items (ex. "make 'X stone' door" instead of "make stone door")
-Guns (yeah, I know...)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:29:15 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2.4: A Murder of Crows - Report #2
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »

-The new faction is an unplayable sieger;
-Some reaction sets that seem to be ubiquitous in other major mods: a block factory, brewing from a specific plant, milling a specific plant;
-A new building: the biofuel refinery, as seen in the sadly defunct FoE mod;
-The taint crystal batteries that are used in the advanced workshop reactions are now rechargeable. All the reactions that use them now produce a depleted battery, which is charged using biofuel. Some of those reactions now require more than one battery.
-Looked over the process of building a star blaster. I'll look into normal guns next. Really.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:32:21 pm by Valikdu »

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2014, 08:57:34 pm »

If its not too much of a bother could some clarification be made in regards to the different races/castes and their abilities. At this point I cannot tell the difference a morphling/chimera/rainbow pony.

As a helpful suggestion could some of the more complex manufacturing processes be simplified/explained more clearly in the manual simply to prevent confusion between various intermediate materials/ingredients? Crystal this, crystal that, energized, not energized, it gets a little hard to follow.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2.4: A Murder of Crows - Report #3
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2014, 10:01:20 am »

...I think you're correct.
I'll have to plan out an extended version of the manual, probably using presentations. I'll do it after I've finished with the content of the update.

Meanwile, the guns are here.
-Ranged weapons use one of the two sets of mechanics: the "Broken Arrow" rebalance for all the arrow-firing ones, and the Fallout Equestria mod mechanics;
-All bows and crossbows use Broken Arrow;
-Pistols are easily-obtained (need only a steel+ metal bar) and use FoE;
-Flechette launchers (BA) and slugthrowers (FoE) are magitek constructions, and require neltharite-gem-based components;
-Bayonets can be attached to crossbows, pistols, flechette launchers and slugthrowers;
-Star Blasters require a ton of rare materials.

Looking at the list of reactions to make all those... yeah, I'll need to make a presentation.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2.4: A Murder of Crows - Report #4
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2014, 07:02:40 am »

I think the content for 2.4 is done. I'll have to test it out.

There's a new material called Synneplast, which is the end product of the Cloud Factory's [credit: Sorcerer] cycle. It's required for producing ammunition (for casings), and also can be used to produce furniture and goods. It's cheap and light.

The whole process of manufacturing guns and ammunition is kind of complex. Again, I'll have to make a more thorough readme for that.

The crystal batteries are now rechargeable. It's done at the tainted refinery; biofuel cans are consumed.

Minor detail: pony civilizations will now use a 'basic' bow or crossbow and an 'exotic' one. The new faction can freely use flechette launchers.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:12:32 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2014, 06:14:04 am »

Oh, and the cavern-dwelling civilization work again. I think they haven't worked before because of the missing tags, but now they exist.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25