Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120183 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.4: A Murder of Crows
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2014, 04:26:04 pm »

May need to add castes that promote standing ground and fighting for everyone (or at least set up the personality things so that active soldiers are less likely to run outright,) especially hostile races. Enemy response so far is a tad lackluster in the vanilla game and the chimera and Diomedians don't strike me as the types to feel fear or tolerate cowardice respectively.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2014, 04:27:43 pm »

I hope that this will be fixed by the time of the "stable DF2014".

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

Is there any way to tell what your civ is at start?
 I ended up with as groups
The Dreamy Demon
The Scrubbed Luxuries
The Rapid Mines
The Spark of Enjoyment
The Shadows of Passion
The Future Sin
The Sun of Treats
The Sugars of Flickering
The Subtle Evils
The Velvety Reclusive Tags
The Sweet Labyrinths

And no idea save each of these are pretty darn different, And the diomedian/chimera ponies will trade with everyone.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »

When checking for neighbors your civ should always be at the top of the list.

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »

Thank you, that really helps a great deal. As I wanted the crystal ponies more so than whats out there, and yup, there we go. Figures, heh, The Rapid Mines.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.?] My Little Fortress 3.0: Death Magmatic
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2014, 05:42:42 am »

Well, I've officially started the development of the 0.40 version.

The first order of business is to adapt everything to 0.40, starting with the creatures. Will need to add gaits, new attack tags and the new bodies with necks.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:48:51 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2014, 07:37:19 am »

Making progress...
-Renewed the creatures for 0.40.x. All 591 of them. Also, the creature variations.
-Various small stuff like the de-hardcoded reactions and new mineral densities.

I'm going to use the weapon and armor designs from Stal's Armoury. After I adapt those, it's plant time.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2014, 03:15:08 pm »

Nice, might have to give it a go once it's updated.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2014, 06:40:52 am »

Well, as the plant mechanics aren't really done yet, I'll maybe do some testing until they are.

Then I'll do the plants. Not sure how I feel about the huge collection of real-world plants, though...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:51:42 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2014, 10:40:15 am »

While the fixed plants aren't there yet, I've been doing some... I dunno, let's call it "rebalance".

Fungal steel and dark iron aren't super-metals anymore; they're both slightly better than steel. The rating goes like this: steel - mithril - felsteel - fungal steel - dark iron. All of them are insufficient for the task of killing exoskeletal alicorns; fungal steel or dark iron blades should take care of the non-alicorn mythic beasts, however.

Mithril now has an ore called Star Silver. However, the chance of actually getting it our of the ore is low; you're more likely to get just plain silver, or slightly magical silver. If there's an excess of mithril for some reason, you can put it into your electrum or bronze.

I've also added the glazes, new options for making porcelain, and the lead crystal reaction from the Orichalcum mod.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2014, 10:45:44 am »

I'll be honest, I've never really gotten to use any of that stuff past steel unless I happened to loot it off dead enemies.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »

I've also decided to rework the rainbow factory again. This time, the rainbows are actually like the rainbows in canon: they're normally liquids, instead of being metal bars.

What it does now:
-Body parts go into Extractors, as before;
-Extractors produce spectral orbs, as before, but the orbs are now color-coded; there's a probability to produce an orb of each type;
-Spectral orbs are liquefied at the Spectral Mixer (ex-Smelter), and liquid spectra is stored in jugs. There's a chance of producing a 'dead' rogue stone that can be 'energized' with rainbow sludge (the grinder works as before);
-Liquid spectra is mixed into rainbows, which are also liquid;
-Rainbows can be solidified using a synneplast chunk, in order to make furniture and other stuff at the Spectral Kiln (no fuel needed);
-Reactions that require rainbow (like producing enchanted bonemold, etc) will use liquid rainbow;
-Stockpiling: spectral orb material is under 'stone'; liquid spectra and rainbows are under 'misc liquid' (food); solidified rainbows are also 'stone'. Also, I've made Ether Orb material 'stone';
-Extractor and Grinder reactions use the Pressing labor, Mixer and Altar reactions use Alchemy; Kiln reactions use Alchemy (for treating synneplast with liquid rainbow) or Pottery (for forming things out of solid rainbow chunks).

I've also added Dark Iron nuggets as a mineral, found in small clusters inside iron (hematite, etc) veins. Saronite steel is now smelted from dark iron.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:06:27 am by Valikdu »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2014, 01:19:48 am »

At the moment, I'm trying out a Crystal Pony fort out in some good tundra, because I'm not totally suicidal but I really want that 'the only ones who will see your ponies freeze to death will be some yaks' feel that tends to happen in my cold biome forts. Overall, it's rather interesting; I'm dreading the Morrigi, but there's enough tamed warbeasts around that I feel fairly confident if any wild hostiles come around, they'll get smashed. Trying to start up a polar bear breeding project, so that the glorious empire shall have proper white furred clothing, and for the giant skinless killing machines that pop out occasionally.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2014, 04:46:07 pm »

Hello,
I am having trouble running this mod with the Lazy Newb Pack. It has a tendency to crash and outputs this error.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To be clear, I using the standalone version of your mod with LNP and nothing else.

Good luck with your update to .40!
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2014, 09:24:27 pm »

bump most of the ponie mods are done this is the last one needing update
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25