Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120173 times)

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 3.0: Death Magmatic
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2015, 06:48:30 am »

Ah ok. That would be a good reason to keep them from flying.

If only we knew a way to fix them getting stuck while still allowing them to fly.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2015, 06:38:02 pm »

Hello, I'm enjoying the new update immensely but, I'm having trouble equipping items in adventure mode. It keeps saying that I have nothing to wear even after picking up the item and holding it in my inventory. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. Do you have any idea what's happening?
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Royal Flush

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a horrible fell look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2015, 10:55:57 pm »

I'm glad you clipped ponies' wings. Thank you. It meant I didn't have to. The only suggestion I can make is, while they're clipped, increased the speed of the flying caste's movement speed, to their flight speed. That way with the wings being clipped, the ponies still have a massive speed boost, but without the cool pathing that causes weird errors.(Seriously I burrowed all the fliers inside in Sorcerer's mod, chopped down all the trees, and my alicorn still got caught in mid air once I removed the burrow so I could haul stuff inside, and even putting a floor under her didn't get her to land. She just dehydrated there, unable to path back out of the air to get a drink)

Ponies ponies ponies.

Royal Flush High Res

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2015, 03:20:26 am »

I wonder if we could also make the winged things naturally really good at climbing, because if they could fly they would never have problems climbing because they could just fly up something.

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2015, 10:45:17 pm »

I'm glad you clipped ponies' wings. Thank you. It meant I didn't have to. The only suggestion I can make is, while they're clipped, increased the speed of the flying caste's movement speed, to their flight speed. That way with the wings being clipped, the ponies still have a massive speed boost, but without the cool pathing that causes weird errors.(Seriously I burrowed all the fliers inside in Sorcerer's mod, chopped down all the trees, and my alicorn still got caught in mid air once I removed the burrow so I could haul stuff inside, and even putting a floor under her didn't get her to land. She just dehydrated there, unable to path back out of the air to get a drink)

Where do we put this
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

Royal Flush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2015, 01:46:44 am »

Where do we put this

This goes in creature_pony.txt

Mind, I only play basic ponies, so I haven't gone through and modified all the castes of all the other entities. I really should, but my coding time is being taken up with coding 250+ new words into the game for use in this mod.
Ponies ponies ponies.

Royal Flush High Res

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2015, 05:02:32 pm »

Where do we put this

Mind, I only play basic ponies, so I haven't gone through and modified all the castes of all the other entities. I really should, but my coding time is being taken up with coding 250+ new words into the game for use in this mod.

Looking at that I think it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to just go into the which ever creature RAW and edit the GAITS so that the flying speed matches the walking speed. They would basically be making the same changes as far as I understand it.

I think that if someone can figure out how to do what you showed then they should be able to make the same changes to other races if they find the RAW for the given race they want to change. Just go in and make the numbers match and leave everything else the way they found it.

Just keep the numbers in the line below and change the numbers in the line above to match, and you're done. Now they will walk at the speed they would normally fly.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:10:26 pm by Shadow_Hornet »

Royal Flush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2015, 05:48:51 pm »

Where do we put this

Looking at that I think it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to just go into the which ever creature RAW and edit the GAITS so that the flying speed matches the walking speed. They would basically be making the same changes as far as I understand it.

I think that if someone can figure out how to do what you showed then they should be able to make the same changes to other races if they find the RAW for the given race they want to change. Just go in and make the numbers match and leave everything else the way they found it.

Just keep the numbers in the line below and change the numbers in the line above to match, and you're done. Now they will walk at the speed they would normally fly.

It's not hard at all, no, but some people are very intimidated by the raws(Rightly so, considering messing up one line can break the game). If you don't have any modding experience it just looks like a whole bunch of gibberish and it's hard to pick one line out from the next, let alone know exactly what a line means.

Hell, I don't understand the new GAIT tag at all. I simply don't understand what all those numbers mean and why, I just know I want X set of numbers(flight numbers) in Y place(quadreped numbers).
Ponies ponies ponies.

Royal Flush High Res

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2015, 01:09:49 am »

True the RAWs can be somewhat intimidating. I only change small little things myself because I don't really understand most of what I see in them.

Royal Flush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2015, 01:00:30 am »

...So I was playing with an awesome mod which puts My Little Ponies into the DF universe. And I thought, what would make the game even more in tune with "grimdark" fanfiction (even though it already has pony-flesh cupcakes)? Wait a second... "grimdark"? In the grim darkness of the... yes, that's what it needs! TYRANIDS! And since it's My Little Pony, they'll be PONY TYRANIDS!!! And I did just that.

Found this in a 'what is the weirdest thing you've ever modded into the game' thread. Predates the original mod release by about a month. Thought it was pretty cool to see the kind of 'beginnings' of the mod.
Ponies ponies ponies.

Royal Flush High Res

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2015, 12:24:04 am »

one question i have is how the cloud Factory works? i queue up the job to harvest seeds from wild clouds, but it doesn't seem like my ponies are actually doing any of that. do i need to build it out in the open?
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2015, 04:18:59 pm »

You need to enable Alchemy for some ponies (preferably, designate some for that labor exclusively) to perform the cloud labors.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »

I'm having trouble putting on items in adventure mode. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong, but I grab the items and it won't let me wear them. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it other things. (I'm playing as an Alicorn for what it's worth.)
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2015, 07:24:12 pm »

I'm having trouble putting on items in adventure mode. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong, but I grab the items and it won't let me wear them. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it other things. (I'm playing as an Alicorn for what it's worth.)
What items are they exactly? What are you already wearing? Some items block other items from being worn, and if you wear too many items then you can also block items from being worn. A vanilla example:caps have the [SHAPED] token, Helens also have this, which means if you're wearing a cap you can't wear a heels or other caps. Or, mittens have a layer size of 15 or something i think, and gloves have a layer permit of 10 maybe, I'm not exactly sure, so if you wear mittens you can't wear gloves because the mittens are too big to put the gloves over.

Basically try taking all your clothes off first to make sure none of your clothes conflict.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2015, 11:29:02 pm »

It took me some time, but I figured it out. I started off with neither clothes nor armor. Gloves don't seem to work at all but boots will work on all hooves. I was able to get the alicorn suited up in the end.

*EDIT* I didn't realize that certain items were only worked for pony or anthro.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:01:33 am by Kraiger »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25