Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120186 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile

I will be testing now. The last feature I've implemented was to add various taintwood creatures (similiar to timberwolves) to the spectrum of biomes.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've added some more weird trees. In addition to the already-existing flesh trees, there are two more variations of these (covered in different kinds of skin); also, there are bone spikes (three kinds, taint/morphling/superior bone quality) and gem-caps (may produce gems when processing). All of these are rare, and have to be processed in the sawmill.

All the weird tree wood has the value of 0; it's better to be stockpiled separately from normal wood (which includes feather trees and prongs, which are not processed, but have a high value), so that it's not wasted by carpenters.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:00:27 pm by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [42.05] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.0: ϟEndless Nightsϟ
« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2016, 11:21:06 am »

The new version is out! Get it here. I've also updated the readme.

To recap, I've made the following changes this time:
-All the normal trees have been replaced with giant fungal structures, as well as some stranger plants.
-Added more taintwood beasts, which are now opposed to life. Taintwood processing is done in the sawmill, and then the logs can be processed into magical ironbark at the Ironbark Carpenter shop.
-Deprecated Malygite and Neltharite. Instead, adra is used in the high-tech industries; it's encountered in the form of living pillars (on the surface and in caves) and befouled veins, which have to be processed in the high-tech workshops. Slight retooling of the high-tech workshops (the Advanced Crystal Forge is now Adra Engineer, the Taint Refinery is now Toxin Refinery).
-An additional high-tech workshop (Adra Reaction Chamber) for the harmonic diamond reactions.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:40:34 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2016, 03:56:39 pm »

Apparently, the .05 version of DF makes the gem gutting in the jeweler's workshop automated.

The mod uses rough gems a lot, so it's storngly recommended to use a linked stockpile for the jeweler's workshop, which would allow only the gems that you want cut, and another gem stockpile for all the other gems.

UPD: apparently, it's just me. Probably because I've moved my save from 04 to 05.

UPD2: no, it's DFHack. For some reason, the option to turn that plugin off doesn't show up for me in the work orders menu, even though it should; I'll update the download with the plugin turned off. If you're already playing, remove the "autogems" line from the dfhack.init-example.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 05:19:18 pm by Valikdu »

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2016, 05:46:26 pm »

Hooray, can't wait to try it out!
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2016, 03:12:32 pm »

So I've got a dark prince bard visiting that the tavern. So that's pretty cool. The caravans haven't spontaneously combusted yet either. It might be because I've been in the badlands, but I've been having trouble keeping up with drink production. I also don't quite understand how the crystal forge works, as I've got a few dead sapphire golems in my corpse bins, but cannot do anything to them.

*Edit*

I've also got a mix of six emperor and empress bards in my tavern now...

*Further Edits*

...and a changeling queen...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:17:58 pm by Kraiger »
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2016, 05:35:58 pm »

The crystal forge requires the butchered 'bone' material from crystal golems / ponies. Can you butcher those corpses?

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2016, 09:10:06 pm »

Apparently I need an unrotten butcherable nearby. Unless there's a command that I'm missing to toggle the golems as butcherable, I can't seem to do anything to them.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 29, 2016, 11:42:00 am »

I've been told that the ethics code in the game is a bit broken right now, so that's why it happens. You can't butcher learners (like the golems) even if your entity's ethics allow it.

I've commented out all the learner tags from creatures that aren't entity members, megabeasts and animal ponies. The butchering can be done now: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11736

This will require a new world, though. If you like your current fort, there are other sources of crystal shards: Radiant Caps can be processed into them, and feral crystal ponies aren't learners (if your embark has any of these).

Sorry for my slow reaction time.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:45:22 am by Valikdu »

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2016, 04:27:03 pm »

Cool, I was wondering if that was the case. 

No worries, man! Thanks for the update.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2016, 05:01:17 am »

There's a DFHack release for 42.06, so I've updated the mod for 06.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.0: ϟEndless Nightsϟ
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2016, 05:01:01 pm »

...I'm not comfortable doing this, but I'm newly out of a job.

Please support me on Patreon.

Lack of support won't affect the availability of updates; I'll update the mod for the new DF releases, regardless.

Also, I'm resuming work on my CKII mod.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2016, 12:07:54 pm »

Does the mod come with dfhack or do i need to install it too?

jele155

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2016, 08:15:29 am »

I love this mod!

Great work on it, i would support your Patreon if i had any money :\

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[42.06] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.1: ϟEndless Nightsϟ
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2016, 11:19:47 am »

An update! Version 4.1 here.

-I've made changes and fixes to creatures materials. Although I'd still recommend saving before you butcher a named creature or a part of one (this seems to behave erratically in DF 0.42).
-I've added a new semimegabeast. The Witch is a deadly opponent that uses magic and may only be killed with silver (including star silver and mithril) weapons.

I've also made flowcharts that should encompass most of the mod building activities: HERE
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 11:37:32 am by Valikdu »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25