Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120191 times)

gabrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love this release! Thank you so much for keeping up with the project! :) I'll note anything buggy I find here.

Bug: Silver leopard hair can't seem to be spun into animal hair thread at the farmer's workshop (or anywhere else I've found yet)

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.1: ϟEndless Nightsϟ
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:58 am »

In my game I seem to have a lion alicorn as someone's pet and it is also seems to be doing the work of a mason and making rock blocks.

I wonder if pets are meant to be able to do work like this?

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2016, 05:53:28 pm »

I believe that has something to do with the how alicorns are implemented as a sentient class.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2016, 08:03:11 am »

I've made an update to the 0.43 version of DF. The tools (DFHack, Therapist) for this version aren't ready yet, though.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12181

Bug: Silver leopard hair can't seem to be spun into animal hair thread at the farmer's workshop (or anywhere else I've found yet)

Oh. It's not supposed to even be shearable; I'll remove these tags from them.

Maybe I'll think about a creature with more useful hair later.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:17:14 am by Valikdu »

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if the current verson of this mod could work with the new 64bit verson (0.43.05) of dwarf fortress, and if it can I wonder what do I need to move to port it over.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've updated the mod to the 64bit game. There isn't anything in the news about saves breaking, so you should be able to just move your world over.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool. Now I just need to start a game. Getting started might be one of the hardest things for me when it comes to dwarf fortress. I keep getting side tracked by everything else but dwarf fortress.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've just made a fix. It fixes twilight steel production and tree tiles.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've made a wiki about Desolation. http://df-desolation.wikia.com/wiki/DF_Desolation_Wikia

Most of the information there is also applicable to FiMagma, except for the 'entity creatures' page and some elements in rainbow/arcanite production. This page has the differences.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:00:19 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.4 (Aug 13)
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2016, 10:54:37 am »

Version 4.4 is live! It includes all the updates from the Desolation releases 1.4 and 1.5.

Improvements:
-Timber creatures (wolves, dryads, etc), as well as metal and rock ponies now leave tool items when they die. These are processed at the sawmill or the smelter.

-Added Cyan / Dusk glue reactions to the organic factory.
--Added Cyan / Dusk wood reactions to the sawmill, and Cyanleather reaction to the tanner.
--Added Cyanwood (mutant bone strength) / Duskwood (noble bronze strength) weapon/armor/furniture reactions to the craftspony workshop.

-Added two new large creatures (the Toothed Horrors) and one megabeast (the Queen of Many Teeth).
--Added reactions to the Organic Factory to process their bodies, and reactions to the Craftspony to make weapons and armor out of their teeth (equal-tier enchanted bonemold strength).

-Bonemold and ironwood production has been reworked.
--Individual reactions for each bonemold/plank type, allowing reactions to use multiple tool items correctly
--Appropriately, some reactions now use multiple molds/planks (similiar to the number of metal bars used for forging)
--Production of bonemold now requires 5 bones/chitin globs, as more molds are required overall

-Strange tree processing (flesh, bone, crystal) is rebalanced, as well; an ornamental gem has been added to crystal tree products

-Added Duskwood, produced by combining fungiwood logs with liquid dusk glue (requiring mutant bonemold, obsidian caps and crystal berries) at the sawmill. It is used similiarly to cyanwood (not except for the tooth-weapon reactions) and is similiar in strength to Noble Bronze.

-"Accelerated" clothing for playable entities

The link in the OP has been updated. The Desolation Wiki has also been updated.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2016, 02:50:57 am »

Saw this, thought I'd give it a spin for kicks, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the 'trees' since the Woodcutting labor is entirely missing. Poking about on your posts/the wiki I did see that I need a sawmill to process the 'wood' or something, but the place I ended up in (a swamp) has them absolutely everywhere and I was going to start off trying to clear some land, and can't figure out how.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 16, 2016, 05:03:50 am »

Um.
When I've read about your problem, I've though that maybe I've accidentally removed wood cutting and/or carpentry jobs from some entities, but they're all present. I've generated a new world with the current version of the mod, and I can cut down the trees. Is it, like... missing from the actual unit's list of labors?

The sawmill is for increasing the value of wood and working with 'strange' wood types, btw. The carpenter shop still works as it always had.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:06:09 am by Valikdu »

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 16, 2016, 06:51:48 am »

Yeah the labor is missing entirely from them for some reason. This is using the straight download link on the first post for the 43.05 version. Just downloaded it and launched, didnt do anything else. Playing as regular ponies. Hard to tell what caste's I've got, but I've got at least two Alicorns I think, and at least one unicorn and pegasus.

Too bad there's no Phobos sprites for em, haha. Be easier to tell em apart, but oh well. Only ones Im sure of are the Alicorns since theyre an 'A'

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 16, 2016, 06:53:59 am »

Yeah the labor is missing entirely from them for some reason.

Lmao... N/m. Its been so damn long since I've properly played DF, that Ive apparently totally forgotten its a subset of Woodworking, which I hadnt bothered to check. I've used DwarfTherapist for so long Ive apparently forgotten how to do without it haha.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2016, 09:53:44 am »

I'll include DT (and DFHack) as soon as there's a version of it for the 64-bit game.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25