Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120019 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's an update for Dwarf Fortress v0.47.04: https://www.mediafire.com/file/40qnvhz77fsazl1/MLP-FIM_0.47.04_1.1.zip/file

It's in reduced-raw format used by Lazy Newb Pack graphics packs, so instead of replacing your /raw/objects/ folder with the version from the mod, you copy the modded files into the vanilla files.

Also, you can use a Lazy Newb Pack to install this. Just place it into the /LNP/mods/ or /LNP/graphics/ folder. You don't get the MLP graphics if you place it into the mods folder, but you don't get the LNP mod protections if you place it into the graphics folder. Imo, I would make a duplicate copy of the LNP and put this in the graphics folder. That way your vanilla saves don't get corrupted with FIM mod files, and you get the graphics, and you can have all your FIM saves together and separate from your vanilla saves.

It's supposed to do this automatically, but it must be kind of glitchy right now in alpha. So you might enter this into the DFHack window after loading your game:
Code: [Select]
twbt unit_transparency 1
Also there's graphics for the six that you can use for adventure mode. To chose your character on a per-save basis, after creating the world, open your /Dwarf Fortress/data/saves/regionx/raw/ folder. Then drag the "graphics_QS_ST_MJR_pony_adventurer" from the "choose your adventurer" subfolder of your choice into that save folder's "/raw/graphics/" folder, overwriting the original.

edit: updated link with v1.1
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:41:44 pm by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update: I messed up and previous release didn't have most armor. This one has all the armor now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/40qnvhz77fsazl1/MLP-FIM_0.47.04_1.1.zip/file

Also, here's the list of changes for these unoficial 0.47.04 releases:
  • added new "espionage role" to the dungeon mistress office. (so chimera ponys, diomedes ponys, cave ponys, crystal ponys, and little ponys all have access to it).
  • added ability to craft altars and dice to all civs that were currently able to craft display cases (zebra ponys, chimera ponys, diomedes ponys, cave ponys, crystal ponys, and little ponys).
  • added new symbols (craft guilds and merchant companies) to every civilization except dog ponys.
  • added ability to pet animals to little ponys, diomedes ponys, dog ponys, zebra ponys, minotaurs, hulks, 2-headed hulks, satyrs, and sparkings (i think it was any creature who could speak or make utterances, so some vanilla creatures who can pet in vanilla cannot pet in this).
  • updated language files with latest words from 0.47.
  • updated gaits on a creature to match 0.47.
  • fixed possible issues with files names matching declared file names.
  • fixed creature with 2 right feet.
  • removed redundant giant creatures.
  • switched creature graphics from Phoebus to Mayday.
  • improved creature graphics integration.
  • added little pony graphics (currently used for little ponys, crystal ponys, diomedes ponys, chimera ponys, and zebras)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I make fuel? There's no Wood Furnace.

And the Metalsmith Forge says it needs fire-safe, non-economic item. I embarked with some Orthoclase, but that doesn't seem to be good enough.

I'm guessing I need a Spirit Smelter to get the metal out of the ore. What's Rainbow Blocks and Totems?

I embarked with no tools, planning to have my weaponsmith make some picks. But that didn't work out, so now it's outdoors fortress. My carpenter is working hard to make cages for defense while the rest of the team does combat training. Hopefully the caravans bring some good stuff like tools and maybe some weapons.

Manwad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

b - w - e.

Furnaces are on their own key it seems. Dunno if vanilla's like that.

Metalsmith's Forge can be made outta something like just, rocks you find via digging a few z levels down. Few forts ago I had them made out of gabbro.
Whipping clowns since '04

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you. I expected the furnace to be a workshop. I didn't realize they had their own category.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.1: Dark Origins II
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »

It'll be some time before I start working on another new version. Here's some thoughts of it:

-A new playable entity. Crystal ponies come to mind (I read a fic where they used magic with their forehooves, and got inspired), and also this OC

(the horn is actually not magical)
-Consequently, more crystal-related stuff. Plants, creatures.
-Custom demons
-Guns!

So are Crystal Ponies from the mod unrelated to the Crystal Empire ponies from the animated series?

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To make totems you need materials from powerful enemies, like titans.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.1: Dark Origins II
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2020, 12:03:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this was back before much of the show and therefore canon had come out. A fair amount of Vadiku's work is based off of the fanfiction of the time.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

sanek213

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

How do you use ironwood logs? On wiki it said there are special workshop, but it seems it not there anymore.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do you use ironwood logs? On wiki it said there are special workshop, but it seems it not there anymore.

You use them in the carpenter shop. Just need to change the task using 'd' and set it to Ironwood.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Manwad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I play exclusively the crystal ponies, but once I got metalsmithing up and running, I found that I can't make armor. Anyone else getting that issue?

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not having any problems making armor as the crystal ponies. I did have some issues with my first world with regular ponies being unable to use standard heat/magma safe materials for the metalurgy build line.

Manwad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

That might be the issue I'm running into then. I only have iron and copper on me. Granted, when I look into the other materials on the list, I can't find the massive list of armors. I might need to like, full reinstall, or regen the world or something.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Manwad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25