Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 119549 times)

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.4: A Murder of Crows
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

Uploaded the save; should be ready to go. Zipped.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8536
Hope this helps!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2014, 12:50:54 am »

Question: can you remember what "Dayentrance" was? As in, the source of all the "frozen creature substance" lying in the butcher shops. I've found only "Day" the named tyrapony.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:53:14 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:13 am »

Okay, so it seems like your game hangs up when you butcher the horned zebra castes.

It's exactly those two castes, karkadann and abada. I've tried forbidding that one corpse which you're about to butcher; then other things, including zebras, were processed just fine - until it came to another horned zebra.

It's weird. I'll try looking into it, but what could possibly be wrong with their horns?...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2014, 01:25:12 am »

Misplaced tissue? Something mislabeled or unbracketed by accident?

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2014, 01:36:21 am »

Well, yeah. That's why I need to find out who "Dayentrance" was; there's no such name in the deceased list.

Freezing upon butchering *those two exact castes* doesn't make sense. I mean, if there is no problem with zebra hooves (there isn't), there shouldn't be any with horns, either. I think. They're the same in terms of special material tags and the use of tissues.

[up] oh, you meant wrong with the *horns*.
I've checked them just now. There should not be anything wrong there; also, in the arena, horned zebra corpses are butchered just fine.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:41:03 am by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:13 am »

Here's all the raws that are relevant to pony/zebra horns (including the ones that cause the crash in that save). I can't find anything wrong.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:57:14 am by Valikdu »

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »

I'm afraid Dayentrance doesn't ring a bell. It didn't crash the game, whatever it was. For what it's worth, "frozen creature substance" turns up in a number of DF versions and variants.
Speaking of butchering, one other frustrating problem (by no means limited to this mod!) is that often something gets butchered down to a "partial skeleton", and then the dwarves/ponies/whatever keep trying to butcher that some more-- without success. It doesn't hang the game, but it does tie up butcher shops as worker after worker has a go at the partial skeleton, gives up, and returns it to the refuse pile only for the next worker to try. Frequent spam about "needs butcherable unrotten nearby item" is a common signal that this is happening. The only solution I've found is to go into the butcher shops while this is happening and manually forbid the partial skeleton.
Sorry for whining about this, since I know it's not your fault, but as long as we're on the topic...

Oh, and thanks for taking a look at the save : )

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »

I've just checked my test fort, and found several unicorn - as in, 'normal' pony enetity member - horns in the refuse.
That caste has the exact same tissue template as the horned zebras do, so... well, the zebras *should* be working, too.

I'll try asking around to find why this could be happening. But for now, well... um, save before butchering any entity members? And if some creature/caste crashes the game, try to forbid the corpses of that caste in the future? Sorry I can't be of immediate help :/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:20:44 pm by Valikdu »

gabrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2014, 11:59:06 am »

Playing around with the new world creator, I notice it crashes by year 16 when I adjust savagery, number of beasts, or number of sites. Mineral frequency doesn't appear to affect it. Not sure about number of civs, I got bored after a while.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2014, 01:11:48 am »

Advanced world generation works much better than the standarad one. I usually start with a large number of beasts, and it can take from 1 to 3 tries to make a 100+ year world.

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2014, 04:15:34 pm »

Sorry to keep harping on about this bug, but I've got another save uploaded:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8544
Two lesser pony mares, butchered at the same time. One crashes the game and one doesn't. The difference between them might help to explain what's at the root of this.
I hope this helps...

gabrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59:02 pm »

Is there some kind of more fleshed out guide about armor layering, etc? I'm so wiki spoiled. Also, is there any way to start adventure mode without crashing?

gabrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2014, 05:37:24 pm »

The adventure mode problem was a crashing world, not the adventurer itself. Oh well.

I'm getting so many crashes it's getting difficult to play. Mostly it's from butchering random ponies, which makes no sense- but sometimes like right now it just crashes for the heck of it. I can't identify the reason why.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2014, 06:18:30 pm »

Is there some kind of more fleshed out guide about armor layering, etc? I'm so wiki spoiled. Also, is there any way to start adventure mode without crashing?

I could probably try and put something together. I know it's kind of hard to tell what goes what and where since the armor is named properly and all. Not too hard to figure out though.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2014, 04:22:15 pm »

I'm going to start the adaptation sometime soon.

With the gait system, the new plants and everything... well, should be ready by the time DF2014 becomes stable.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25