Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120118 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.10] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony
« Reply #315 on: July 24, 2018, 06:08:02 pm »

I don't know how the thing that happened with the 44.10 version, happened. Maybe I've accidentally copied those files over when changing the tile set, and that's why my test world was fine?

I'd ask that... well... if something like that happens in the future, would somebody please write about it? Because I've literally just noticed it now. Um... Sorry, everyone.

Regardless, it's all fixed now. I've ported the mod over to 44.12.

The fix-sentient-butcher script is there, too. I'd like to see feedback on that, as well, while I figure out the Terror and Madness update.

I also have an idea for some things after that, but that's... well, the future. I'll try to get some work done while there's breathing room.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:51:07 pm by Valikdu »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile

I don't know how the thing that happened with the 44.10 version, happened. Maybe I've accidentally copied those files over when changing the tile set, and that's why my test world was fine?

I'd ask that... well... if something like that happens in the future, would somebody please write about it? Because I've literally just noticed it now. Um... Sorry, everyone.

Regardless, it's all fixed now. I've ported the mod over to 44.12.

The fix-sentient-butcher script is there, too. I'd like to see feedback on that, as well, while I figure out the Terror and Madness update.

I also have an idea for some things after that, but that's... well, the future. I'll try to get some work done while there's breathing room.

To be honest with ya, I hadn't noticed as I was busy doing my own thing. If I notice anything though, i'll be sure to post it here.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[44.12] My Little Fortress 5.0 - Terror and Madness Progress Report
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2018, 05:53:31 am »

I've been productive.

-The fix-sentient-butcher script seems to be working alright, which gives us a lot of options. *insert insane anime grin here*

-Tweaked the new creatures (the ones that are done) some. They're quite lovely. Also, the new entity code (explicit addition of animals) is fun. I've went back to the Crows entity with it, as well.

-Currently undertaking a (yet another) large overhaul to the tissue material system.

Also, I remembered that the bone stack bug is fixed. Well, DUH. I've already been taking advantage of that, with bonemold, but I've remembered now that there's another thing: the bug had been what had forced me to make various butcherable materials (chitin, living crystals, etc) into globs, which you have to set up a separate FOOD stockpile for. That's not needed anymore. They can go with the bones now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:04:59 am by Valikdu »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any plans to add Changelings at any point?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They've kinda always been there. As the Changeling Queen spouse-converting megabeast and the morphlings.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:46:26 am by Valikdu »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, huh. I've never encountered it and I always thought of the Changelings as more of a civ then a megabeast. Thanks for the info.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Unity Morphlings are supposed to be changelings too :D

I'd first made them before the 2nd season finale had aired, and they were just, well... Zerg. But then I'd changed them to be more like the changelings.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh gooootcha. I was mostly asking cause I was hoping to do a Changeling fort. Appreciate all the work you put into this mod!

Edit 1: I've also been thinking about doing a Story/Community fort using this mod.

Edit 2: Any ideas on how you're gonna utilize the Magic and Myth generation updates when they come out? That is, if they're able to be modded.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:40:28 pm by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I was playing around in legends viewer with this mod and I couldn't help but notice something.

Why are there Tyranids in this mod??? Those poor fricken pones...

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know how the intro song goes? "Big adventures, tons of FUN"? I'm just following it. :D

I... think... that I've got the new iteration of the tissue system down. I "THINK". The process is very arbitrary with a lot of "why the hell this does not work".

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[44.12] My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 5.0 Progress Report #3
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2018, 06:51:15 pm »

I think I'm done with applying the new material system to all the creatures. I can do something interesting from now on.

For now, new things that aren't the tissue system are:

-Darkest Dungeon swine entity (with war animals)
-Darkest Dungeon undead roamers
-A rework for the Morrigi creature (+ war animals)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 06:53:26 pm by Valikdu »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahem. Where was I.

...Right. I'm going to try doing something interesting with interactions. The new undead creature already has some, but I need moar.

Ice36bc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks for all your hard work. i'm really going to enjoy playing version 0.44.12 and see the comparison to the old. i have been taking a break from DF to play this mod fresh and eager, hehe.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I cannot send squads out into the world to invade towers. It says that I don't have a leader to designate such things. I checked the tokens in the ponies_entity file and it looked correct there.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is anyone else having this issue?
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25