Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 292

Author Topic: Lordship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 312175 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lordship: A Suggestion Game
« on: January 01, 2013, 07:43:54 am »

You can still remember the sounds of battle clanging in your ears. The smell of blood hanging in the early morning mist. You still aren't quite sure what brought you to the small hill, what spurred you to charge recklessly forward. All you know is that, when the day was done, people were telling you that you had saved the King's life.

Your life was so simple before this. You farmed a small plot your father left you, drilled with your lord's local militia, and mooned after the marriageable local women. A plain, but dignified existence: a young man's life. Now you weren't so sure what will come ahead.

All you are sure of is that the boring steward who is sitting at a small desk surrounded by courtiers has droned on for most of the morning, as you sit uncomfortably on an oak bench in the Royal Audience Room. You are quite bored, and your "nice" tunic looks woefully out of place amongst all of the finery. One of the other fellows, dressed much nicer than you, indicated that the King would not be in attendance. So you sit, and wait, and wonder what you were called here for. The letter, read to you by a local friar, didn't give any indications beyond "a reward for valiant service to the realm."

Suddenly, out of the din of conversation, you hear your name ring. What is it?

GM NOTE: So this game is basically a medieval setting, analogous to Earth but distinct (i.e. no countries we know but otherwise the same). You will be a newly minted lord pulling yourself up from the bootstraps. Next turn you'll pick the land, and then the game will most likely move at a season a turn. If you've seen or played any of my other games before, know that I'm not super into stats and complicated systems. I like to have fun, keep the story going, and not worry too much about details. Hope you'll all enjoy playing!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Lordship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:46:58 am »

Samuel Stone.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:47:52 am »

Arthur is thyne name,and you remember you are here for lordship.

THAT BETTER?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:00:51 am by TheZoomZoll »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:50:22 am »

King Arthur is a bit clichè.

Why not Sir Dyalot?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:10 am »

Lord Stone has a ring to it. King we are not. We are also not a knight.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:55:04 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:07 am »

I like Samuel Stone. Common enough to be a serf's name, neat enough to be a knight or lord's name.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:57 am »

That what I was going for.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:59:44 am »

"Samuel Stone!" The steward yells again. You stand off the bench, and amble to the front of the room. You feel the eyes of the courtiers on you, gazing at your rough outfit and farmer's gait. You put them out of your mind for the moment.

GM NOTE: Short post so that I don't get Ninja'd. Details of the land possibilities coming shortly.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 08:02:48 am »

Go in?If your turn to go of course.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:09:04 am »

The steward eyes you up and down. "Stone?" You nod your head. "Very well. The King, his Royal Majesty Edward Geronos IV, Lord of the Falls, Keeper of the Flame, Seer of the Dawn, has called you here today to thank you for your actions on the morning of September the 15th. Do you remember that morning?" You nod again.

He eyes your clothes for a moment, then goes on. "Very well. Kneel down." You hesitate, then do so. A grizzled looking older man, wearing resplendent plate armor, approaches you with a sword, touching your shoulders with it as the steward speaks. "I hereby knight you, Sir Samuel Stone." The knight backs away, and assumes a gaze towards the middle distance. You think you recognize him from the battle, but are not quite sure. It has been several months, after all.

As you stand, the steward goes on. "Our King has also seen fit to grant you a small parcel of land to establish a new village for his glory. You will be a vassal to your current lord, Count Aaron Foles. You may choose on of three available plots. One is heavily forested, with several rocky outcroppings. The second is at the intersection of a hilly region and a large plain of grass. The final is on the banks of a tributary to the great river that runs through our land." He pauses for a moment, a hint of interest peaking into his bored eyes. "So, Sir Samuel Stone, what shall it be?"

Spoiler: "Sir Samuel Stone" (click to show/hide)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 08:11:04 am »

Number 2, though 1 is a close second.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 08:11:45 am »

Flip an imaginary coin between the grass and the forest area.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 08:18:53 am »

Number 2

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:39 am »

Number 3
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:14:14 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 08:33:55 am »

I'm fairly sure vassals weren't able to pick their own lands, instead taking whatever was given them by their lord.

Number 1, as a second choice, 3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 292