Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 180830 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1575 on: January 17, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »

Give the goblins tools for one thing. Put them to work! They agreed to help build the city.

Or do your own thing. I don't mind. I'll just wait for that party of seven Dwarves to get there.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 17, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »

Hmmm, I'm not against them dying, I'm against all of them dying....

Just be sure to kill a hundred or so..... Make an example but not too big of an example
NO. Why is everyone being a cruel deity but me?!
What am I, chopped liver? Worst thing I did was almost ally myself with Celestia.
You're not a cruel deity yet. For now, I am the Thor of this world, protector of mankind and destined killer of the Midgard Serpent GreatWyrmGold nonspecific serpentine enemy.

At this point it seems your the destined killer of Azem...

Annnd....sorry for the double post...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 17, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »

Hmmm, I'm not against them dying, I'm against all of them dying....

Just be sure to kill a hundred or so..... Make an example but not too big of an example
NO. Why is everyone being a cruel deity but me?!
What am I, chopped liver? Worst thing I did was almost ally myself with Celestia.
You're not a cruel deity yet. For now, I am the Thor of this world, protector of mankind and destined killer of the Midgard Serpent GreatWyrmGold nonspecific serpentine enemy.

At this point it seems your the destined killer of Azem...

Annnd....sorry for the double post...
komodo dragons will look like snake men.....

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 17, 2013, 06:48:06 pm »

To Vgray: I assume the factory is making tools for anyone who needs them.  If I need to I could add to my action that I want the tools distributed though.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping build the city and I think our partnership is great, I just was curious why you seemed annoyed at me when I was in the middle of trying to earn back your goblin worshipers and when I've been doing stuff for you the last few turns.

To scapheap: I was never planning on killing all of them, although I suppose I didn't do a great job explaining my plan.  Earlier on, I had said I wanted to kill off all the people who didn't pledge allegiance to any of the current "Powers."  I was pretty much just aiming for the people who didn't want to worship and follow any of us.  I guess now though, I'll probably just build a couple mana generators around the city and maybe sacrifice a couple people here and there but nothing too major.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 17, 2013, 06:51:34 pm »

@gman it did sound like kill them all, I'm fine with that plan.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 17, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »

It's just not clear what the goblins are actually doing at the moment. Are they migrating? Are they building huts near your factory? Who knows?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 17, 2013, 06:56:11 pm »

Ok, Useal is now officially a thorn in my side. YOU DON F**K'D UP NOW BOYEH.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 17, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »

It's just not clear what the goblins are actually doing at the moment. Are they migrating? Are they building huts near your factory? Who knows?

I'm trying not to be too bossy with them until they are more completely under our control.  I'm gifting them and trying to get them loyal enough so they won't pull another crazy stunt like they did with my golem.  Last thing we need is to find out they have a whole plethora of hidden ethical issues preventing them from being useful.  Hopefully by the time I'm done with them they will be extremely loyal and preferably more morally flexible.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 17, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »

I'm trying not to be too bossy with them until they are more completely under our control.  I'm gifting them and trying to get them loyal enough so they won't pull another crazy stunt like they did with my golem.  Last thing we need is to find out they have a whole plethora of hidden ethical issues preventing them from being useful.  Hopefully by the time I'm done with them they will be extremely loyal and preferably more morally flexible.

Good! I hope my fire imp is not completely incompetent...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:22:00 pm by Vgray »

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 17, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

I think the GM may have made your goblins morally sound, Vgray.

Anyway, we should modify a few of one of the dragon races to serve as trade couriers. No better way to spread wealth than global transport.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 17, 2013, 07:29:42 pm »

Fixed it for you.
The annoying thing is, only a couple of us are actually affected by belief, and the guy working hardest to make sure life works for them (or at least the guy working on that with the most potential power) is one of them.

You mean me?

Don't ask me what the hell is going on there...

Okay brown is my text...

Ah, no. Are you as powerful as a Greater God?

I think the GM may have made your goblins morally sound, Vgray.
That is actually somewhat cruel.

Anyway, we should modify a few of one of the dragon races to serve as trade couriers. No better way to spread wealth than global transport.
Or make a new race, if you're feeling clever.

Anyways, I suppose I might as well try an idea I've had for a while...

"POWERS! I would like an audience," boomed Draco. He was one of two gods left these days, and enjoyed the minor perks--such as being able to contact all the fae, devils, and the only other god at once.
"Thank you. As you know, the mortals are falling away from us. This can be traced to three main causes: One, Celestia abandoning her people. Two, the First Divine "War." Three, various curses levied to the mortals. When we get down to it, these are all due to organizational issues.
"Celestia abandoned her people because a secret alliance she helped plan fell apart when faced with the light, and in part due to the second cause.
"The "War" was due to tensions between the gods getting too high with no outlet save destruction, and in part due to the third cause.
"The organization I propose would, at its basic core, be based on protecting the mortals which many of us believe are worth protecting for their own sake and which all agree are important.
"The organization I propose will be open to anyone who wishes to join. It will be based on three basic rules.
"ONE: Any being, whether a power, a servant to a power, a mortal, or whatever may be condemned by a 2/3 or greater vote of the organization; a condemned being may be absolved by a simple majority vote.
"TWO: A condemned being which has not subsequently been absolved is subject to any punishments agreed on by a majority of the group.
"THREE: Any rules may be changed by a two-thirds majority vote after a suggestion by a member power.
"If these rules are acceptable, please let me know. I hope that such an organization would improve life for everyone, from the weakest of mortals to the mightiest of gods. Thank you for your time."

((All we need now is a name for this organization and more than one member!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 17, 2013, 07:36:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 17, 2013, 07:37:09 pm »

Why not?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 17, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

We Devils have to stick to transforming mortals it seems.

Even the good ones.

I applaud your efforts to bring order to this world.

Your rules are acceptable.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:17 pm »

Because.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 188