Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 178422 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #2475 on: February 07, 2013, 05:53:13 pm »

I'm waiting for one of the Fae to get angry when I call them "little".

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: February 07, 2013, 06:15:59 pm »

So flame boy......
I'm thinking a mind control parasite, which does not affect the unliving, but resides in them, and creates new (lesser)liches, who are physically and physiologically dependent upon (Greater)Liches; by forcing the soul to stay inside the dead body!
Sound good?
All I would need is a decent name
Javier middle finger Soul linker bugs?
They have a physical addiction to Greater lichens.... but yeah.... And will probably listen to very thing they say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:25 pm »

I'm waiting for one of the Fae to get angry when I call them "little".

Haha I was wondering why you kept referring to us as little, but I hadn't taken offense to it.  Gotta watch out for those guys with Napoleon Complexes though. :P
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:40 pm »

Azem has a sense of humor.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: February 07, 2013, 07:24:24 pm »

Soooo flame....... Is my idea good, or no?

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:42 pm »

Honestly, I'm sorta ethically opposed to soul entrapment.

It's pretty much evil.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: February 07, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »

It's necromancery.....
Same thing in this storyline

*However, they keep their soul in their body, and become liches; it's the same as necromancery....*
Except that you can take their souls into the afterlife if you wanted to...Forcefully....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: February 07, 2013, 08:12:15 pm »

I am also against soul theft.

I may be vanishing next turn, depending on how successful my evangelization is. Who wants to take my place as Synod Scribe?

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: February 07, 2013, 08:13:01 pm »

Forcefully keeping the souls in bodies against the wills of their people is different from choosing to live as an undead necromancer. Just saying.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: February 07, 2013, 08:14:47 pm »

But If the mind altering slugthing makes them like liches/want to be liches before they actually die

They technically wanted to become liches!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: February 07, 2013, 08:18:40 pm »

I have no idea how it would work.

Anyways...to pass the time.

A Resolution to Make an Official Office In the Synod
As my position as Synod Scribe is essentially fiat--something best to be avoided if we can--I propose we add the following Law:
"6. The following offices exist in the Synod. All officials may be impeached at any time by a 2/3 majority and replaced as indicated.
a. Scribe: The Scribe of the Synod records votes and keeps track of the Synod's status as needed. The position is held for the life of the participant Power or until impeached. A new Scribe may be elected by a simple majority if the seat is empty; in the meantime, an interim Scribe may be appointed or appoint him/herself."
This Law would also allow greater flexibility, should we need to add new offices later.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: February 07, 2013, 08:25:23 pm »

I vote Aye.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: February 07, 2013, 08:28:59 pm »

Aye, but seriously GWG, I don't think sleeping for one turn is such a big deal.  I'm busy this turn but the next one, I'm going to send you some energy so that should help a bit and long term, I'm sure we can increase your income either by gaining you some more followers or by other means.  If nothing else, I'll start making more of my energy generators and sending you a cut of the income.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: February 07, 2013, 08:31:04 pm »

I'll give you some next turn, but this urn is influence heavy....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: February 07, 2013, 08:31:39 pm »

As I've explained to Roleplaygeek, the problem isn't falling asleep for one turn...it's never getting enough worshipers to get back up. Also, if I do find myself in critical need of energy, I won't just be falling asleep...
Regardless, it's good to get something like this set up for if the need ever arises.

Sig
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 188