Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 180717 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #2505 on: February 07, 2013, 09:45:48 pm »

It's not that wealth is unimportant. You're example was a bad one. By mining up stuff and in general increasing the wealth of the world, you gain influence. More so from having it gathered in one place. Banks are good for this. Having a tiered class system also creates lots of greed, as the middle want the high, the high want each others, and the low want everything they can get. Racnor, look at the number of followers of the devils vs. the gods. I'm in the process of adjusting everything to a base level, and then doing stuff from there. Once this really starts to fail, I'll look at what made it fail, make a better set of rules for the next game. For example, a one to ten scale for worship is a bit much. Next time it'll probably be one to three, and everyone will get a set amount of followers at the start. And...*gulp* dice rolling. Bleh. But it helps me gauge power levels more objectively. Just a question of what die size to use.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: February 07, 2013, 09:51:07 pm »

Ah. I get it now. So giving people free gold actually has a purpose.

All the Fae get gifts now. Don't mind the tremors.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:54:01 pm by Vgray »

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 07, 2013, 09:51:17 pm »

It's not that wealth is unimportant. You're example was a bad one. By mining up stuff and in general increasing the wealth of the world, you gain influence. More so from having it gathered in one place. Banks are good for this. Having a tiered class system also creates lots of greed, as the middle want the high, the high want each others, and the low want everything they can get. Racnor, look at the number of followers of the devils vs. the gods. I'm in the process of adjusting everything to a base level, and then doing stuff from there. Once this really starts to fail, I'll look at what made it fail, make a better set of rules for the next game. For example, a one to ten scale for worship is a bit much. Next time it'll probably be one to three, and everyone will get a set amount of followers at the start. And...*gulp* dice rolling. Bleh. But it helps me gauge power levels more objectively. Just a question of what die size to use.
So... Can I do an action now, or do I have to wait until next turn?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 07, 2013, 09:52:37 pm »

Main Sphere: Balance
...we might have a problem here.
Hmm?
dont be bothered by him, he is just the Chaos god who goes to sleep every other turn....
I've lit a fart upon a city, created 20 primarchs who subsequently killed each other in a mad gamble for power; created 2 races, one of which is one of the most populous and are straight up abominations I hired a devil to wipe out when i got bored with them; conquered a sizable portion of the known world; Formed an alliance with pretty much every evil creature in the game to aid me in a war against every other god ever, had prophets who choked upon their own feet and walked off cliffs, and I gave hugs to an entire city of atheists. There is no balance here.

O̷̖͑ͮͮ̉̓Ṉ̤̪͙̊̿L̢̧̊͑ͮ͒̔̿ͥͯ҉͖Y̡̨̛͍̳̱̤̪̤̐̅́ͦ̓ͭͬ̌̚ ̸̯͙̖̼̜̩̌͑͗̆ͣ̒Ç̼̝̝̙̤̜̫̐ͪ͆ͅH̲̥̳̰̝̜̙ͭ̏̎͘Ḁ̣̭̘̺͗̓̅ͥ̉͞ͅO̧̥͕͊̇̽S̨̗̜̲ͣ̂ͥͥ̓ͨ͜.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »

Hmm?
dont be bothered by him, he is just the Chaos god who goes to sleep every other turn....
I've lit a fart upon a city, created 20 primarchs who subsequently killed each other in a mad gamble for power; created 2 races, one of which is one of the most populous and are straight up abominations I hired a devil to wipe out when i got bored with them; conquered a sizable portion of the known world; Formed an alliance with pretty much every evil creature in the game to aid me in a war against every other god ever, had prophets who choked upon their own feet and walked off cliffs, and I gave hugs to an entire city of atheists. There is no balance here.

O̷̖͑ͮͮ̉̓Ṉ̤̪͙̊̿L̢̧̊͑ͮ͒̔̿ͥͯ҉͖Y̡̨̛͍̳̱̤̪̤̐̅́ͦ̓ͭͬ̌̚ ̸̯͙̖̼̜̩̌͑͗̆ͣ̒Ç̼̝̝̙̤̜̫̐ͪ͆ͅH̲̥̳̰̝̜̙ͭ̏̎͘Ḁ̣̭̘̺͗̓̅ͥ̉͞ͅO̧̥͕͊̇̽S̨̗̜̲ͣ̂ͥͥ̓ͨ͜.

And then your army got obliterated by the Devil of War. And your champion is somewhere in a Dwarfish prison waiting to be transferred to Divalcatraz.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: February 07, 2013, 09:58:51 pm »

Hmm?

And then your army got obliterated by the Devil of War. And your champion is somewhere in a Dwarfish prison waiting to be transferred to Divalcatraz.
Armies: Fine, simply routed.
Carolus: A-okay. Because if he isn't, someone is going to wake up with either a few missing limbs, or a few extra shoved into places they shouldn't be.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: February 07, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »

For the record Kashykk specified that they would all be destroyed unless they served him.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 07, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »

For the record Kashykk specified that they would all be destroyed unless they served him.
Turn 9
Azem: Haha! The army flees! Thank you, Azaroth! Carolus lies with you now as well, though he is hidden from the eyes of his lord.
Q.E.D.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:35:09 pm by Jbg97 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:56 pm »

Also, the upkeep, is it for all mortals, regardless of worship, or only for those under your control?
ALL mortals.

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: February 07, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »

I vote Aye by the way.

New guy. You joining the Synod?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: February 07, 2013, 10:34:05 pm »

Gold is only valued for rarity. If you keep summoning it, the gold you have loses value.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:17 pm »

Gold is only valued for rarity. If you keep summoning it, the gold you have loses value.
It loses some, yes, but gold's value isn't entirely based on rarity. Its malleability, stability, and unreactibility (can't remember the technical term) make it highly valued for certain tasks, culture would let it retain more of its traditional value, if only for a time, and gold is really pretty.

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 07, 2013, 11:02:18 pm »

I vote Aye by the way.

New guy. You joining the Synod?
Well, it seems like everyone else is in it, so yes. As soon as I know if I can make my action now, or wait until next turn.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: February 08, 2013, 12:01:15 am »

Plus, rarity in relation to population. The more people, the less gold to go around.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 08, 2013, 03:18:07 am »

Aye.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 188