Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182570 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2013, 10:54:42 pm »

Actually, it's more like this; Sun rose normally before you arrived. You arrived, sun started being weird; sometimes nice, but now this.

Plus people are dumb and selfish.

Most of what you lost was actually to disease.

Additionally, you can't just say people are immune. Draco's prophet is immune because he specifically said that he would cure her of the disease, and the Eladrin are immune because they aren't human. But when he's a devil who specializes in disease...it's gonna be a bitch of a time making sure they never get a cold. Because if they do, he can probably kill them with it. Not that it won't be hard for him to pierce a god's protections either, it's just gonna be a test of wills, is all.

Plus, what does a god of chaos, insanity, and rage/battle have in those domains to protect against disease? Are you going to make the immune system pissed off?
I'm making them immune and fearless, not just saying it. What does a justic god have to do with immunity too? He punish the immune systems to community service?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2013, 10:55:45 pm »

Javier, I am the god of War, Chaos, and Madness. I spread death like Nutella on bread. I feel like we should be bros, but you kinda pissed off the entire population against you and my warbands don't like you. Sorry.
The populations doesnt know much about me, only that a disease was runnign rampant

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

Actually, it's more like this; Sun rose normally before you arrived. You arrived, sun started being weird; sometimes nice, but now this.

That disagrees with the content of my very first action back on page one:

I look upon the undifferentiated expanse of infinity, and choose to extend Myself into the lowermost three spatial, and one temporal directions. Thus, where was there was only the unknowable void, there now exists Me, the Sun.

It also disagrees with the very first turn update:

Celestia: You rise
Worship used: 30(10 upkeep, 20 raising. Sacrifice or the sun doesn't rise is real)

I stated that I was the Sun. You confirmed that and said that "You rise" and you charged me a hefty chunk of energy for bringing Myself, the Sun to these particular dimensions.

If the sun was there and doing its thing all along...what did I pay that 20 energy for and why am I paying 10 upkeep every turn to maintain the sun?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:33 pm »

Javier, I am the god of War, Chaos, and Madness. I spread death like Nutella on bread. I feel like we should be bros, but you kinda pissed off the entire population against you and my warbands don't like you. Sorry.
The populations doesnt know much about me, only that a disease was runnign rampant
hmm, if i empower you through war would you make new diseases for the Fae? One of them escaped getting it's arm ripped off and another is trying to kill my prophet.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:02:10 pm by Jbg97 »
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2013, 11:00:34 pm »

That disagrees with the content of my very first action back on page one:

I look upon the undifferentiated expanse of infinity, and choose to extend Myself into the lowermost three spatial, and one temporal directions. Thus, where was there was only the unknowable void, there now exists Me, the Sun.

It also disagrees with the very first turn update:

Celestia: You rise
Worship used: 30(10 upkeep, 20 raising. Sacrifice or the sun doesn't rise is real)

I stated that I was the Sun. You confirmed that and said that "You rise" and you charged me a hefty chunk of energy for bringing Myself, the Sun to these particular dimensions.

If the sun was there and doing its thing all along...what did I pay that 20 energy for and why am I paying 10 upkeep every turn to maintain the sun?
You paid 20 to gain control of the sun, and 10 to maintain control. Duh.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2013, 11:03:23 pm »

I am little confuse on why would I grant eternal youth to a Wyvern that is effectively already immortal.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2013, 11:04:22 pm »

hmm, if i empower you through war would you make new diseases for the Fae? One of them escaped getting it's arm ripped off and another is trying to kill my prophet.
Fae are kinda immortal.........

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2013, 11:04:45 pm »

Hey, I like my arms very much, thank you. And the devil of plague is also a devil of trickery, so a wily Fae like myself is probably more use to him alive than dead. And diseases tend to do poorly in the cold anyways.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2013, 11:05:19 pm »

Wyrm: to clarify, the reason I'm pissed as Jbg is that his warlord prophet is attacking my city(the one I actually physically cannot abandon as long as they revere me as king because... yknow, binding contract).
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2013, 11:06:17 pm »

What if a Carrier and an Eladrin go 1v1 unarmed combat?
Who would win?

And
Wyrm: to clarify, the reason I'm pissed as Jbg is that his warlord prophet is attacking my city(the one I actually physically cannot abandon as long as they revere me as king because... yknow, binding contract).
If i were to say, kill off your entire town(which i wont) They would't die from the warlord!

EDIT: SO MANY NINJA!1!!!!1!!!1!1one!@!!1!!11!!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2013, 11:07:02 pm »

They're immortal. But they are still killable.
As in, they can live forever if they don't get a plague, get murdered by a warlord, or get their arm ripped off without enough magic to heal it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2013, 11:08:09 pm »

As in, they can live forever if they don't get a plague, get murdered by a warlord, or get their arm ripped off without enough magic to heal it.
Your a god, just 1 vs1 the weakest class in the game or something.....
Spend 1 power killing the damn fae

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »

Plus people are dumb and selfish.

Most of what you lost was actually to disease.

Additionally, you can't just say people are immune. Draco's prophet is immune because he specifically said that he would cure her of the disease, and the Eladrin are immune because they aren't human. But when he's a devil who specializes in disease...it's gonna be a bitch of a time making sure they never get a cold. Because if they do, he can probably kill them with it. Not that it won't be hard for him to pierce a god's protections either, it's just gonna be a test of wills, is all.

Plus, what does a god of chaos, insanity, and rage/battle have in those domains to protect against disease? Are you going to make the immune system pissed off?
I'm making them immune and fearless, not just saying it. What does a justic god have to do with immunity too? He punish the immune systems to community service?
It helps that I only healed a handful of people.

You paid 20 to gain control of the sun, and 10 to maintain control. Duh.
Or perhaps you usurped the current sun.
Bucket you, not Jbg you.

I understand, but I am weakened. I'll send my Eladrin if the warlord isn't powerful enough to kill them. Are his troops basically human?

Where are mortals on that scale?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2013, 11:10:18 pm »

Well, im not sure if i have the power right now. I am making a large amount of people immune to disease and fear, then giving another small handful a fraction of my power to where their strength increases with mine and vice versa.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:01 pm »

Where are mortals on that scale?
.0000000000000001 power to 1v1 if your Jbg, most of the power taken away is manifesting as a physical being
Aka just think a mortal to die and someone might just die....
But mortals still hurt you, so you take a power reduction......
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 188