Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182662 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #285 on: January 02, 2013, 10:31:12 pm »

My brain just looked at the numbers and forgot how to do math.....
I fixed my thing though
Maybe he would just explode from all that power inside of a mortal, corporeal body??
Yeah, he's only human, so I assume that he'll be counted as a human magic user. Meaning that the strongest he could get is about the same level as a Fae Courtier.
No, he isn't a magic user, he is just empowered as hell with a full tenth of the power of a god of war. And that "explode because of to much power" is bullshit. Also, i said  that he could solo a fairy lord at his minimum base potential. That "base"  bit means that, starting at 40 worship, when my power goes up, theirs does as well, when my power goes down, theirs does as well. So if I have 40 worship and Carolus (he will only be formed when all the other champions have defeated each other, leaving all the power to him) attacks a fairy lord, he will win. If i have less than 40 worship, he might still win, just depends on how much worship i have. If i have 40 worship, Carolus has about a 40% chance of soloing a Lesser God. If i have a LOT of worship, Carolus' power is potentially large enough to solo anything but a Greater God.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 02, 2013, 10:32:06 pm »

Sheesh. Where does that put demons and lesser gods?
Under Carolus' boot, depending on how much worship I have at that time.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:19 pm »

So he will explode from too much power, and his soul will ascend to the strength of a god, then usurp your throne??

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2013, 10:35:27 pm »

So he will explode from too much power, and his soul will ascend to the strength of a god, then usurp your throne??
A: Exploding from too much power is bullshit.
B: His power (when Carolus comes about) is a direct function of my power, it would take 11 of him to usurp me.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2013, 10:38:30 pm »

B: His power (when Carolus comes about) is a direct function of my power, it would take 11 of him to usurp me.
it is the GMs decision on what will happen to his soul, hell, the power of the god of madness might crush his tiny mortal mind until nothing is left, turning him into an angel of chaos,madness

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2013, 10:44:16 pm »

it is the GMs decision on what will happen to his soul, hell, the power of the god of madness might crush his tiny mortal mind until nothing is left, turning him into an angel of chaos,madness
That's the thing, I've learned my lesson about giving mortals madness or chaotic powers. Carolus will only be a champion of War.
Btw, when i give my 20 champions 1/200th of my power each, see it like the electrons in an atomic bond. None of the electrons belong to either atom, but both atoms act as if they had all the necessary electrons at the same time. So my champions will have a portion of my power, but i still can use my full abilities even though a part of it is in them.
Hey wait, you aren't afraid that Carolus will be able to kill you are you?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:46:00 pm by Jbg97 »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:07 pm »

Not really, your plan has a few evident flaws
And I'm not taking sides in the war

Even a GG has trouble fighting a single devil, as said by the GM" it can 1v1 anything, but it may be difficult.
I would say a devil and a god would be able to take you down fairly easy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:58:15 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:28 pm »

...Mmm, Balrog-y goodness.
I was planning on joining as a devil(although not a "chaotic evil lol dead humans" kind.)
Glad to hear it. Want to help me by not being a jerk and such?

Fine, 5-10 regular humans per non-war imp. So, 5-10 times 120-180 is 600-1800 regular humans per non-war god.
15-20 regular humans per war imp means about 1200-3600 humans per god of war. Since I'm a god of war and i'm imparting a portion of my power (about a tenth total) to each of my 20 champions that means each champion and their base power can kill 1.2-2 imps. Damn.
One slight problem with your math...
A balrog is on par with a Fae Courtier. It probably takes more like 200 normal humans to kill a balrog, minimum. ((Assuming a D&D balor is about as strong as a LotR balrog, and that the "average humans" are roughly on par with 1st-level adventurers, the ratio is probably closer to several hundred or a thousand humans). Let's assume 300, for a nice round number. That's about 100 humans to an imp, or 75 to a lesser fae. Even if it only takes 100 humans to overpower a balrog, that's several thousand humans to kill a greater god.

The Balrog an...oh my.
This is a couple leagues higher than I thought.
Where would a creature like the D&D, CR 2 imp fit in?
least fae, probably.
A balrog is about a faery courtier. It takes a party of four Lesser Fae to defeat a faery courtier. That's some high-level imps...

Also, would you mind having your eladrin spread word of my town as a safe haven? Ther'll be a temple for you in the turn after this one if you do.(and if you accept I physically cannot go back on this)
Sure! Can you give me a description to follow?

But if the balrog was taken down by gandalf, a Human magic user, magic users screw everything up......
40-60 gandalfs to kill a GG
Remember that Gandalf was one of the most powerful magic users in the world (in addition to being a maiar).
Oh, and Gandalf was taken down with the balrog. That's 40-60 archmages on a suicide mission.

Just to point out...any kind of power has Bad Things happen when you put too much of it through/into too weak/small of a vessel. Exploding per se? Maybe a bit melodramatic, but something.

Which, the war which started from me taking actions against you from starting that massive plague?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2013, 11:03:15 pm »

The population will recover!
And you got some pretty angry people, with a pretty nice race out of the plague.
And they are determined!

I could be either a great ally or a great threat....
What can easily destroy an army?
Disease can cripple armies, and most don't make people's heads explode randomly!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2013, 11:05:44 pm »

I was planning on joining as a devil(although not a "chaotic evil lol dead humans" kind.)

Fine, 5-10 regular humans per non-war imp. So, 5-10 times 120-180 is 600-1800 regular humans per non-war god.
15-20 regular humans per war imp means about 1200-3600 humans per god of war. Since I'm a god of war and i'm imparting a portion of my power (about a tenth total) to each of my 20 champions that means each champion and their base power can kill 1.2-2 imps. Damn.
A balrog is on par with a Fae Courtier. It probably takes more like 200 normal humans to kill a balrog, minimum. ((Assuming a D&D balor is about as strong as a LotR balrog, and that the "average humans" are roughly on par with 1st-level adventurers, the ratio is probably closer to several hundred or a thousand humans). Let's assume 300, for a nice round number. That's about 100 humans to an imp, or 75 to a lesser fae. Even if it only takes 100 humans to overpower a balrog, that's several thousand humans to kill a greater god.
What?! 200 humans for that one thing from LotR? No, that thing would take 15-20 warriors, 30 at the most.
Look at the size of the balrog, it is maybe 5-6 times the size of a human male. 15-20 warriors can defeat one albeit suffering casualties, 30 would definitely kill one. 200 warriors for just 1 balrog at the least? That shit is cray.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:07:44 pm by Jbg97 »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:47 pm »

I remember the balrog marching through the place Leik a bawss, killing everything in it's path, not caring about any, if any, injuries it sustained

Until Gandalf killed it.......
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:10:40 pm by javierpwn »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »

Don't forget. I am the GM. I'm here specifically to prevent things like Jebyg taking 'advantage' of the system. If he's going to imbue them with a portion of his power, that means he's going to pay higher upkeep. Also, it won't be a human anymore. Probably 'morph' into a angel or somesuch. Still useful though. Similarly, violence is not equal with battle or war, since it's more broad.

You can have multiple angels and demons, guys. Only one prophet though, which is the real reason I killed off two of them. Laws of divine physics.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2013, 11:13:05 pm »

Can devils get prophets??

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2013, 11:13:19 pm »

So a demigod then?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2013, 11:13:50 pm »

The population will recover!
And you got some pretty angry people, with a pretty nice race out of the plague.
And they are determined!
I could be either a great ally or a great threat....
What can easily destroy an army?
Disease can cripple armies, and most don't make people's heads explode randomly!
As it so happens, you killed a quarter of the world's population. I would have made the Eladrin regardless, or something like them.
Oh, if you show penance and some kind of attempt at restitution, I'll be willing to pardon you. Show me some examples--or at least one--of each, then we'll talk.

What?! 200 humans for that one thing from LotR? No, that thing would take 15-20 warriors, 30 at the most.
Look at the size of the balrog, it is maybe 5-6 times the size of a human male. 15-20 warriors can defeat one albeit suffering casualties, 30 would definitely kill one. 200 warriors for just 1 balrog at the least? That shit is cray.
Balrogs have a lot more than size and strength on their side. They've got magic, they've got a flaming whip as thick as your arm, they've got unearthly levels of size and strength. They're not even really flesh and blood, IIRC. And it depends on skill. 15-30 warriors of masterful skill? Sure. 15-30 normal human warriors? Yeah, right. They'd be dead before they caused any significant harm. And Aragorns, Gimlis, and Legoli aren't a dime a dozen, especially with a world population of 10,000 maybe 8,000. Probably at least half are farmers and other peasants, while most of the rest are craftsmen and other experts. Probably not more than a thousand or maybe 1,500 soliders in the world. If the 20 best warriors in the world gathered to kill a balrog? Sure, it's doomed. 20 random footsmen? Not so much.

Don't forget. I am the GM. I'm here specifically to prevent things like Jebyg taking 'advantage' of the system. If he's going to imbue them with a portion of his power, that means he's going to pay higher upkeep. Also, it won't be a human anymore. Probably 'morph' into a angel or somesuch. Still useful though. Similarly, violence is not equal with battle or war, since it's more broad.
Alright, thanks.

You can have multiple angels and demons, guys. Only one prophet though, which is the real reason I killed off two of them. Laws of divine physics.
Wait, which two died again?

Can devils get prophets??
They can probably fake them.

Seriously, why are you guys soo good at ninjaing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 188