Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182530 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #510 on: January 03, 2013, 11:05:26 pm »

Will the future be born of Strength, war, and change or will it be born of science, weakness, and stagnation? Either way, My goal is to get Humanity into space.
Wait, why is Science associated with weakness and stagnation, but War with strength?
War weakens, Science MAGIC strengthens.
Fixed that for you. Magic is not bound by conventional physics to the degree that science is, and is thus that much better.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 03, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

Celestia? Are you planning on bringing the world into an age
of science and reason? Instead of one of fear and devotion?

My goal is harmony, not technology. I want My people to be happy, healthy and safe. It matters little whether they choose the path of reason or faith. I will give them truth. Whether they take My word on faith, or test it for themselves is for them to decide. Whether their hearts are inspired to fill their heads with great knowledge through science, or merely to bask for eternity in the warm Sunlight with a good book and tea, it is their choice.

Let their devotion be motivated by love, not fear. I am the Sun, not the whip.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 03, 2013, 11:06:06 pm »

Oh god, Bucket is making a society of morality, cleanliness, and kindness

We need some disease ridden, immoral barbarians to march right in there eventually

And a devil/god of darkness
It'll be fine as long as the infection is contained. If it can't then yes, we will have to send in the Plague Marines and the Bloodthirsters.
Wait, who made the Bloodthirsters?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 03, 2013, 11:07:09 pm »

Not yet they are probably going to start to make them soon.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 03, 2013, 11:07:48 pm »

Oh god, Bucket is making a society of morality, cleanliness, and kindness

We need some disease ridden, immoral barbarians to march right in there eventually

And a devil/god of darkness
It'll be fine as long as the infection is contained. If it can't then yes, we will have to send in the Plague Marines and the Bloodthirsters.
Wait, who made the Bloodthirsters?
It's a joke about how my warbands are like Bloodthirsters.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 03, 2013, 11:11:12 pm »

I plan on bringin a world into a age of science and reason. I'm not saying which one.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:08 pm »

Will the future be born of Strength, war, and change or will it be born of science, weakness, and stagnation? Either way, My goal is to get Humanity into space.
Wait, why is Science associated with weakness and stagnation, but War with strength?
War weakens, Science strengthens.
War keeps everyone strong, science (in excess) makes us weak. To have everything done for us *cough* magic *cough* then we will become weak. We can have these things, but not to where it exerts power over us instead of the other way around.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:01 pm »

I plan on bringin a world into a age of science and reason. I'm not saying which one.
Which world or which age?

War weakens, Science strengthens.
War keeps everyone strong, science (in excess) makes us weak. To have everything done for us *cough* magic *cough* then we will become weak. We can have these things, but not to where it exerts power over us instead of the other way around.
War weakens as it allows for theoretically greater strength; science only weakens if it more than makes up for it.
Because, you know, war is destructive and people won't give stuff up if they can't replace it.
Either extreme is dangerous, but people are more likely to go to an extreme of war than to science.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 03, 2013, 11:15:40 pm »

On second thought, no shedding of carapace, steel/steel-like carapace is good enough for me
I'm thinking it will not cover parts of the face, hands, feet,chest, and joints
That should allow for decent movement with pores in the carapace releasing deadly pus/vapors
The blisters, sores, and bloated skin can just be anywhere on the above listed areas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 03, 2013, 11:18:53 pm »

...And give weak points to strike.
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20:31 pm »

...And give weak points to strike.
Of course, attacks will probably rupture the pustules and spread the plague further.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 03, 2013, 11:21:45 pm »

On second thought, no shedding of carapace, steel/steel-like carapace is good enough for me
That should allow for decent movement with pores in the carapace releasing deadly pus/vapors
The blisters, sores, and bloated skin can just be anywhere on the above listed areas
Oh my god... YOU'RE MAKING NECROMORPHS. Once we're in space, your creatures will be neither alive nor dead, near impossible to kill unless you attack their weak points... Which are pustules.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 03, 2013, 11:22:34 pm »

...Or we just use flamethrowers.

Problem Solved.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 03, 2013, 11:23:56 pm »

Which world or which age?
Heh, you'll see, you all will see...
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 03, 2013, 11:28:15 pm »

Oh my god... YOU'RE MAKING NECROMORPHS. Once we're in space, your creatures will be neither alive nor dead, near impossible to kill unless you attack their weak points... Which are pustules.
funny thing you mention necromorphs, they still don't die when you remove all their limbs, they just can't move
They weak points would be their joints, but bending a joint could easily block the blow

Flamethrower are meh,  and the steel carapace would block the flames long enough for them to charge at you and tear your throat open
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 188