Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 181981 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1020 on: January 07, 2013, 10:20:33 pm »

...Incidentally, I intend to stop Celestia before she goes mad with power. I'm the god of justice and morality, she can't just dismiss me.

Are you thinking she's going to win here? Because I very much doubt it.

+1

Whomever a soul asks for, they shall receive.

...I don't even know what to say about that. You raised no logical argument or the least-bit thorough examination. I'm not even entirely sure what you're talking about. You weren't even specifically complaining about Jbg!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:25:36 pm by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 07, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

Hey Vgray? Can my warriors ride your dragons? I might need them to fight against Protogenos' wyverns.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 07, 2013, 10:25:38 pm »

Inithis, not sure if it's just me but reading what you write in the other thread is pretty hard with that white(ish) text.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 07, 2013, 10:26:10 pm »

Losing allies fast, LB. Racnor wants out now, Draco can't morally help...Only have Nikalas and Protogenos left.

...yeah, pretty tempted to start posting screenshots of my inbox so everyone knows who stood where before the tides started turning.

In any case, three greater gods is not a trivial force. Guess we see how things turn out.

more like "it's ok to shoot you because you never got out from behind the target."

And in your worldview, what exactly would have been appropriate "getting out of the way?" You stated intent to set up a system that would have stolen souls. I verbally said no in this thread. You went ahead and tried to do it anyway.

How exactly was I supposed to get out the way? Oh, I know...attack you? Right? Isn't that what I did? I said I wouldn't interfere with you if you didn't interfere with me and mine. You then immediately attempted to interfere. As far as I'm concerned you broke any implied contract that existed, and I was entitled to take action. Which I did.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 07, 2013, 10:27:58 pm »

Hey Vgray? Can my warriors ride your dragons? I might need them to fight against Protogenos' wyverns.

Of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 07, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »

GWG, I'm sorry but if you will forgoe your sense of Justice and Morality to attack an innocent god I must step up to dispense justice. I find you guilty GWG, your creations are sentenced to death.
Hey, I backed off once I read the OOC thread.

...Incidentally, I intend to stop Celestia before she goes mad with power. I'm the god of justice and morality, she can't just dismiss me.
Hey, whichever side wins I'll try to moderate the insanity.

+1
...I don't even know what to say about that. You raised no logical argument or the least-bit thorough examination. I'm not even entirely sure what you're talking about. You weren't even specifically complaining about Jbg!
I think this is saying that a soul should choose what god to go to. Or devil, or whatever.

That's not completely true. He can have his god stop his action, or switch, it's just that he will have ended up giving some power to Celestia.
Well, crap.

Losing allies fast, LB. Racnor wants out now, Draco can't morally help...Only have Nikalas and Protogenos left.
...Wait, I wasn't the last one?

I don't want to clutter up the IC thread with this, so here's a little spiel Draco will give to explain his actions.

Fellow gods, devils, fae; angels, demons, mortals of all nations, races, and creeds...hear my voice.
I understand my actions may be a bit muddled. Half of you see an innocent being attacked, the other a criminal punished. Each demands I aid one side or the other.
I cannot.
There is no "true" right in this situation. When it was just a single devil being punished for crimes against the world, I could group with my alliance. But now...it's morphing into a war. Alliances are being forged in fires of battle, treaties being shattered. In this world, all are as wrong as the others.
If I could, I would stop this madness.
But I cannot. I am weak, and need to save my strength.
Tylea and my Eladrin, and all the other who are faithful to me: Keep a watch, for I fear hatred from both sides. An attack may be imminent.
And to all other mortals: If you feel you cannot abide with this war, or with your god, or if your god has fallen, come to my congregation; we will take you in, cleanse your sins. We would take in a shoggoth if it repented of all its sins. That's all that matters to us, that you truly regret all wrongs you truly did. And pray to me; for if you do, my great miracle will appear all the sooner.
Finally, to the great powers of the world, demons and devils, gods and angels, fae of all races: Do not judge he who chose not to judge.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:18 pm »

A: You wanted me to just let all the people dying to disappear into oblivion? I am trying to save the souls of the great warriors, you just dont want any souls to exist at all.
B: We promised to not interfere in the mortal world, once people die they are no longer under your oppressive rule.
edit: talking to LB. Damn ninjas.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

+1

Are you deliberately attempting to mislead us? How about include the full post that you're quoting:

Or we all just deal with our own followers, and screw your panel.

+1

You raised no logical argument or the least-bit thorough examination

Are you seriously suggesting that I needed to provide "logical arguments" as to why I wasn't going to let him steal the souls of my worshippers?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 07, 2013, 10:31:41 pm »

Howsabout this: Stealing is wrong.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 07, 2013, 10:31:54 pm »

GWG, I'm sorry but if you will forgoe your sense of Justice and Morality to attack an innocent god I must step up to dispense justice. I find you guilty GWG, your creations are sentenced to death.
Hey, I backed off once I read the OOC thread.

Hey, whichever side wins I'll try to moderate the insanity.

+1
I think this is saying that a soul should choose what god to go to. Or devil, or whatever.

That's not completely true. He can have his god stop his action, or switch, it's just that he will have ended up giving some power to Celestia.
Well, crap.

...Wait, I wasn't the last one?

I don't want to clutter up the IC thread with this, so here's a little spiel Draco will give to explain his actions.

Fellow gods, devils, fae; angels, demons, mortals of all nations, races, and creeds...hear my voice.
I understand my actions may be a bit muddled. Half of you see an innocent being attacked, the other a criminal punished. Each demands I aid one side or the other.
I cannot.
There is no "true" right in this situation. When it was just a single devil being punished for crimes against the world, I could group with my alliance. But now...it's morphing into a war. Alliances are being forged in fires of battle, treaties being shattered. In this world, all are as wrong as the others.
If I could, I would stop this madness.
But I cannot. I am weak, and need to save my strength.
Tylea and my Eladrin, and all the other who are faithful to me: Keep a watch, for I fear hatred from both sides. An attack may be imminent.
And to all other mortals: If you feel you cannot abide with this war, or with your god, or if your god has fallen, come to my congregation; we will take you in, cleanse your sins. We would take in a shoggoth if it repented of all its sins. That's all that matters to us, that you truly regret all wrongs you truly did. And pray to me; for if you do, my great miracle will appear all the sooner.
Finally, to the great powers of the world, demons and devils, gods and angels, fae of all races: Do not judge he who chose not to judge.

I retracted my bit about your creations being sentenced to death. I couldn't even do it this tuurn because i would've had to divert even more of my forces to them. Your creations are spared.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 07, 2013, 10:33:14 pm »

Common guys, lets keep it upbeat.  Whatever'll happen will happen but keep in mind its all just a RP thread.  No need to start up arguments, lets just see how things play out.  (Probably too late for people to change actions anyway)
Sure thing peanut man!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:15 pm »

Yeah it's just an RP thread, but we still don't want all the stuff we put into it being destroyed.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »

Inithis, not sure if it's just me but reading what you write in the other thread is pretty hard with that white(ish) text.

Sorry. I use the grey forum-background. I gave it a background to help.

Bukkit, you could have explained what your problem was. I was very receptive to suggestions at the time. Really, I had no idea people had a major issue with my system; one clear statement and I would have heard you out. You had no need to declare war to Jbg; if anything, you should have attacked me, the person who ratified the whole system, if anyone.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:49 pm »

(Probably too late for people to change actions anyway)

I don't know. I've lost track of how many people already have.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 07, 2013, 10:44:25 pm »

Yeah it's just an RP thread, but we still don't want all the stuff we put into it being destroyed.

I wasn't suggesting people shouldn't care, I just hate to see people get angry at one another over a thread.  No matter who wins, hopefully everyone can enjoy it while it's going on and our GM has already stated that he plans to have a sequel.

No problem Inithis, just figured I'd let you know it's hard for me to read.

(Probably too late for people to change actions anyway)

I don't know. I've lost track of how many people already have.

If you want just PM the GM.  To be honest it seemed like he didn't want you to take that course of action anyway so he would probably be more inclined to change things if you like.  Well assuming he hasn't already started writing the turn I guess.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 188