Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 181997 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #2010 on: January 21, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »

Guys.... I'm intimidating them, if we all act  friendly, they feel more in control
But if one of us is scary and intimidating, it adds power to our side, because they know who they are dealing with
Meh, I'm just glad not all of us are acting like jerks.

Anyways...It's been suggested that our Alcatraz be flying in the sky; floating in some void; in the center of the planet; in space; or underground. I'd suggest sky, for ease of access. Have it float over the deepest, most remote oceans most of the time, and soar over to the place we're holding the crook when we need to. (It's a lot more accessible than the planetary core or space.) If not, it should be underground, for ease of construction, and ideally surrounded by hostile terrain.
Design? I like the idea of everyone making barriers and combining spheres, but I was looking more for the form.
Golems or a new race loyal to the Synod sound neat. I vote new race, because it means we can make a race with some of everyone's talents and work included.
I like Divalcatraz, and no one seems to argue...

You know, if you lock me up in Dalcatraz it isn't going to end well. ESPECIALLY if you put it in the sun.
It's not for gods, silly.

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
Depending on how hostile the wildlands outside Jiorya are, we might be able to build it there. I'm assuming something there is powerful enough to keep a Fae Courtier occupied for at least ten years, so it would probably give any escaped prisoners a hell of a lot of trouble. I'm sure that using my wind magic to float it would give me some nightmarish upkeep, but we already have a devil of earth on our side, along with dwarves to do the digging.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 21, 2013, 10:26:31 pm »

Guys.... I'm intimidating them, if we all act  friendly, they feel more in control
But if one of us is scary and intimidating, it adds power to our side, because they know who they are dealing with
Meh, I'm just glad not all of us are acting like jerks.

Anyways...It's been suggested that our Alcatraz be flying in the sky; floating in some void; in the center of the planet; in space; or underground. I'd suggest sky, for ease of access. Have it float over the deepest, most remote oceans most of the time, and soar over to the place we're holding the crook when we need to. (It's a lot more accessible than the planetary core or space.) If not, it should be underground, for ease of construction, and ideally surrounded by hostile terrain.
Design? I like the idea of everyone making barriers and combining spheres, but I was looking more for the form.
Golems or a new race loyal to the Synod sound neat. I vote new race, because it means we can make a race with some of everyone's talents and work included.
I like Divalcatraz, and no one seems to argue...

You know, if you lock me up in Dalcatraz it isn't going to end well. ESPECIALLY if you put it in the sun.
It's not for gods, silly.

Depending on how hostile the wildlands outside Jiorya are, we might be able to build it there. I'm assuming something there is powerful enough to keep a Fae Courtier occupied for at least ten years, so it would probably give any escaped prisoners a hell of a lot of trouble. I'm sure that using my wind magic to float it would give me some nightmarish upkeep, but we already have a devil of earth on our side, along with dwarves to do the digging.
Dwarves that were stolen from me!!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 21, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »

Hm...good point. Let's look at our members and guess some things they could make.
Alrezar: Wind, Ice. Probably the best bet for making a flying castle fly. If we don't make Divalcatr
Azaroth: War, Fire, Destruction. Fire barriers, maybe some magical weapon traps or something. Plus a self-destruct device, if we decide we need one.
Azem: Earth, Fire, Wealth. Magma barriers, earthen walls, financing any mortal workers we need.
Cupitas: Lust, Restraint, Pain. Restraint? We may have a cell designer.
Draco: Law/Justice, probably Light, ??. My Light is probably my best known domain, although providing some Law would probably help hold everything together. If I don't get something useful to replace Morality, I'd probably provide some sort of laser/hard light barrier as well as Divine Spackle.
Inithis: Afterlife, Death, Duels. No clue, unless you provide some sort of Afterlife-Portal Trap or something. You could probably also provide more energy for the others, or make some sort of Death Barriers.
Javier: Death, Disease, Trickery. Illusions and Death Barriers.
Jim: Persuasion, Creation. You'll probably be making the castle itself, with the help of some mortal craftsmen you persuade to help.
Usael: Defense, Contracts. You can help Jim with the mortals while helping make sure Divalcatraz isn't broken into from without, as well as general barrier improvement.

Anything others can think of?

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 21, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »

Devil of Earth here. Unless you plan on making the prison out of wood, I'm your deity.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 21, 2013, 10:53:20 pm »

Devil of Earth here. Unless you plan on making the prison out of wood, I'm your deity.
Probably with help from Jim, yep.

Speaking of important fae, Alrezar's feelings on if he can make a flying prison work* are going to be pivotal.
*Possibly with help from creative use of other peoples' domains (we have a couple fire devils; fire jets? Could my Light be used to reduce weight?) and, of course, others' mana.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 21, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »

I kinda like the idea of having the prison be under Jiorya...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 21, 2013, 11:04:03 pm »

I kinda like the idea of having the prison be under Jiorya...
Remind me, where's Jiorya?

Also, recommended reading.

Sig

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 21, 2013, 11:07:34 pm »

Alrezars frozen hell winter wonderland. It's somewhere up north.

Somebody give Geek the means to make a map.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 21, 2013, 11:09:32 pm »

Probably with help from Jim, yep.

Speaking of important fae, Alrezar's feelings on if he can make a flying prison work* are going to be pivotal.
*Possibly with help from creative use of other peoples' domains (we have a couple fire devils; fire jets? Could my Light be used to reduce weight?) and, of course, others' mana.

That they are. We're gonna need something light yet strong to build it from (Maybe some wood fortified by Usael, or even hard light if possible) and we might have Jim look into making some sort of propeller. My ice is just frozen water, so with some help from a fire devil, we might be able to have some steam-powered propellers help lighten my load. Godly steampunk prison ship, here we come! And Jiorya is the icy land that I control. There's a savage region in it that contains something capable of keeping a Fae Courtier occupied for at least a decade, so it would probably make quick work of any escapees.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 21, 2013, 11:27:33 pm »

I suggest that, if we can't make it fly, we make it under the most savage part of Jiorya we can get the needed materials and labor to.

[/quote]
Sig

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 21, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

Maybe we should start small. A single cell to throw Charlie in. I can put the expansion of the prison on my to-do list.

For all we know Charlie won't be taken alive. Considering that little incident with Jims Golem...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:42:45 pm by Vgray »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 21, 2013, 11:40:08 pm »

You aint touching Charlie.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 22, 2013, 03:59:38 am »

I would think it much harder to escape when you are in pain.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 22, 2013, 03:41:30 pm »

If he was injured, do you think he would draw power from Jebyg to heal his wounds?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 22, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »

Nice to see that no one objects to looking at the atheists menacingly, and drooling voraciously, one more insult, and I may just eat that man's children, and release a carrier into the streets
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 188