Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Anyone up for a game of Warzone 2100?  (Read 12806 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

If there is another event, I'm on spring break the next week.

I make no guarantees about my skill level.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Some events that weren't mentioned from last game:

I kicked off the game by rushing Zanzet's base with basic units. I managed to level his base, but didn't finish him off (partly because I felt guilty for rushing him and didn't want to kick him out of the game from the start, and also because he had a proxy and managed to retake his base)

After a while there was another interesting bit when both Hugehead and Zazet attacked at once from the same location. Zanzet backed off (this was an FFA), and I had to back off because Hugehead had rushed T2 napalm tanks.

Hugehead at one point or another after that blindly rushed my base. However I had reflexively build defense turrets all over my base due to losing the last encounter, and his attack puttered out.

After this I was put in a leading position, and managed to take the center of the map + Sinistar's expansions. I used the eco advantage to tech and build an end game army. I took Head out first since I had noticed he was rushing air, and would be weak on the ground. I moved out as soon as I had flak.

It was a fun game and I wouldn't mind playing again, though my availability during spring break will be spotty.

(Shaders not only caused me to crash but also broke my terrain textures. If the terrain looks like splotches of colors make sure to turn them off)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

After a while there was another interesting bit when both Hugehead and Zazet attacked at once from the same location. Zanzet backed off (this was an FFA), and I had to back off because Hugehead had rushed T2 napalm tanks.

Honestly, this was probably one of the most fun points in my opinion.  From what I recall, all three of us were trying to run off a surprise attack at the same time and ran straight into the other two at the same time.

Interesting to note, I had moved up after I believed the fighting would be over and you had won to try and finish you off.  And then it turned out you weren't there, so I pulled back as it wasn't really an easily holdable position.

You know, before your rush, I probably had the economic advantage, having taken all the oil in my sector and having managed to move on to grab one of yours.  I just had taken the decision of not building a standing army, instead going for pure research and defensive towers.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:47:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm really itching for some multiplayer Supreme Commander now.

I'm totally up for some more Warzone though.  :)
I'd be up for some multiplayer SupCom as well, but by the time I had fixed my broken econ in me/tarran/gig's co-op vs AI Tarran had already started heading to smash the AI bases.
I'd also be fine with SupCom.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

I sadly don't have Supper Commando anymore.  :'(
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

There's always Spring~

... or WZ21k. Whatevs. Though if folks were going for a TA legacy game, spring-stuff is probably a bit more accessible than Supcom. What with the whole free thing. it's also a smidgen easier on the hardware, so weaker computers have a better chance of joining in >_> I'm not saying I can't really run supcom... but I can't really run supcom

Also yeah, back home, time available, etc. For a few days, at least. Probably.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

There's always Spring~
Or Zero-K. Though Zero-K may be little bit too fast of a game.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... Zero-K is a Spring game >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

... Zero-K is a Spring game >_>
For some reason I assumed you meant only TA-Spring. Derp.
._.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's always Spring~
Or Zero-K. Though Zero-K may be little bit too fast of a game.
Depending on the map and the teams/lack of teams, we could have a sizable game. 8 or 16-way FFAs can last an hour or two, although team games are usually under half an hour. Of course, we could also do multiple smaller games to accommodate those with busier schedules.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Though if folks were going for a TA legacy game, spring-stuff is probably a bit more accessible than Supcom. What with the whole free thing. it's also a smidgen easier on the hardware, so weaker computers have a better chance of joining in
You know, that's actually a pretty good point. I was more or less just thinking aloud how I need to play me some SupCom again, but yeah, Spring is free and less hardware intensive so...

I'll cast my vote for one of the Spring games. Don't know much about any of them though so better someone who DOES suggest something.

Other than that - game today? Warzone, Spring, or maybe something else? I've had some fun a while ago with Tremulous which is a freeware Natural Selection-like FPS, so if anyone is up for that...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a game of Warzone 2100?
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2015, 12:22:08 pm »

I've had some fun a while ago with Tremulous which is a freeware Natural Selection-like FPS, so if anyone is up for that...

Any idea what the specs are?

Another alternative RTS that could be used is Age of Empires, though I'm not sure where to find any but the HD II or III for other people to use (Not all too much of a concern for me, as I own them.  Granted, the graphics screw up royally.).
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2015, 12:49:02 pm »

Theres also MegaGlest, apparently. Though I can't really say if its any good or not, I'd found it looking at the recommended projects on the wz2100 sourceforge.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 01:23:02 pm »

Any idea what the specs are?
Can't say for sure, but given it's based on modified Quake 2 engine (iirc, or was it Quake 3?), it can't be too much.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 03:34:50 pm »

You know, I used to be pretty active on the Warzone forums, thank you for reminding me it exists :)

(sadly I can't play multiplayer, no home internet really sucks)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]