Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1780479 times)

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10875 on: March 12, 2014, 03:22:50 pm »

Started playing this yesterday. Today I found a working bike. It had a sidecar.
I got on it, started mashing the 8 key and promptly crashed into a house.
While limping away from the wreckage I was swarmed by zombies.
I like this game.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: March 12, 2014, 03:45:03 pm »

So literally, you found a vehicle, floored it as hard as you could, and crashed?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: March 12, 2014, 03:46:25 pm »

A fucking hero's death.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: March 12, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »

So after a particular run of evil luck, I said fuck it and wished in some grenades to deal with the issue at hand. Much to my surprise they had a much larger blast radius than usual and I was caught in it, but for some reason didn't hurt anything. Confused I went back to the wish menu for more, and than I noticed I had misspelled grenade as granade... I was confused as hell. Until I wiki'd it.

And now I have 55 dexterity 30 intelligence and 32 perception.

I'm not really sure what I should do.... I didn't mean to cheat THAT much.... maybe I can edit the save file to lower my stats to normal?

Man. Fucking things up in humorous ways seems to be a habit recently.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:19:59 pm by Kaitol »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: March 12, 2014, 04:22:21 pm »

Started playing this yesterday. Today I found a working bike. It had a sidecar.
I got on it, started mashing the 8 key and promptly crashed into a house.
While limping away from the wreckage I was swarmed by zombies.
I like this game.

Interesting, this is EXACTLY like my first run with Cataclysm. Merrily strolling along the desolate roads, finding a mine with a parking lot, getting on a bike, scrdest cannot into driving, die to a Doombush.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: March 12, 2014, 04:43:48 pm »

I'm not really sure what I should do.... I didn't mean to cheat THAT much.... maybe I can edit the save file to lower my stats to normal?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: March 12, 2014, 05:26:26 pm »

So I was toying with ideas, and came across the Executioner's Sword.  Historically, it was used mainly in Germany exclusively for the execution of criminals, not for combat.  It features a very heavy, short blade, made to be swung with 2 hands even though it's the length of a 1-handed sword.  The tip is not sharpened, but often left blunt, rounded, or squared.  The intended use was for a victim to kneel on their knees, back straight up, and the executioner to stand behind them and basically take a baseball swing at their neck.  No chopping block.  It was historically engraved with religious sayings or images, often times the hilt itself made to resemble a crucifix and bearing sayings along the lines of "I release you to your eternal judgement."  Even when not used for killing, they were still paraded or hung on the wall as a sign of the power of the judicial system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executioner%27s_sword

I basically took the recipe and the data for the Zweihander, and copied it.  The difference is that the Executioner's takes a bit less wood, is smaller, has a bit higher attack (45, compared to zwei's 40 and Nodachi's 50.  Never understood why the eastern weapons get betters stats for no reason...) and removed the "BRUTAL" flag.  It still has the "WIDE" flag so it should be able to sweep across rows of enemies, but not knock them back.  This is pretty much the only reason I made the weapon, because I love the Zweihander's pure power, but the fact that it knocks enemies back means a lot of mess after a fight, especially when all I want to do is stand atop a noise generator and get a 3x3 of corpses piled up.  This weapon should provide excellent damage while keeping the battlefield... let's call it "clean".
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tq2sdxo7ww6fywk/Executioner.json
If you download this file, just drop it into the "mods" folder of Cataclysm, if added to the "Medieval_pack" it should run in an existing game that uses that mod pack.  The .json contains the crafting recipe and the item definition on the same file.  It's unlocked from "The Historic Weaponsmith" as a normal recipe.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: March 12, 2014, 05:35:30 pm »

Looks like the new experimental has started implementing weapons degradation.

Wonder how this'll effect my diamond katana.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: March 12, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »

So, can you repair and reinforce weapons, then?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: March 12, 2014, 06:28:14 pm »

When did this become a thing? I've been using fire axe for 200+ kills.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: March 12, 2014, 06:29:22 pm »

When did this become a thing? I've been using fire axe for 200+ kills.
new experimental

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: March 12, 2014, 06:58:37 pm »

You can indeed reinforce and IMPROVE weapons.
For melee weapons, it's just a minor increase in their main type of damage. The amount depends on how much damage the weapon already does; a mace get +2 while a nodachi gets +5. I suppose it's because the main reason you would reinforce it would be to make it more resistant to damage.

It's significantly better for firearms, it increases damage and accuracy and reduce recoil.

There doesn't seem to be any change in weight in either case.
There doesn't seem to be a way to measure wear on an item until the prefix changes.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: March 12, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »

i'm hyped.

maybe improving a weapon can have a chance of giving it an ego?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:22 pm »

For melee weapons, it's just a minor increase in their main type of damage. The amount depends on how much damage the weapon already does; a mace get +2 while a nodachi gets +5. I suppose it's because the main reason you would reinforce it would be to make it more resistant to damage.

It's significantly better for firearms, it increases damage and accuracy and reduce recoil.

There doesn't seem to be a way to measure wear on an item until the prefix changes.

So what item do you actually USE to reinforce them? A welder? Maybe a firearm repair kit? I think that was a item in the Stable release, but I never really gave it much thought because I was busy cheating sawnoff Saiga's into existence and mounting crossbows on them.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: March 12, 2014, 10:45:59 pm »

So what item do you actually USE to reinforce them? A welder? Maybe a firearm repair kit? I think that was a item in the Stable release, but I never really gave it much thought because I was busy cheating sawnoff Saiga's into existence and mounting crossbows on them.

Firearm-kit to fix/improve firearms, yeah, sounds good.

The Executioner's Sword probably would be a Mansion or museum piece at best, but feel free to PR it as part of the Medieval Weapons pack.  Sounds interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1086