Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1781990 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10890 on: March 12, 2014, 10:47:28 pm »

And pawn shop.  You can find ANYTHING at a pawn shop.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: March 12, 2014, 10:58:18 pm »

And pawn shop.  You can find ANYTHING at a pawn shop.

I found ornamental japanese warrior armor at a pawn shop alongside a nodachi.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10892 on: March 13, 2014, 06:13:51 am »

Found a artifact sitting right in the middle of one...((it had rocks flinging everywhere))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: March 13, 2014, 07:13:30 am »

I always hit up on the pawn shop-- I oft find zwëihanders, broadswords, rapiers, top hats, and survival gear the sporting shop lacked.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: March 13, 2014, 07:29:51 am »

Frankly I'd be surprised if any sporting shop had a zwëihander.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: March 13, 2014, 07:30:17 am »

Who can tell me what's going on/how to disable this:
I came back to DDA after a while, and now it appears that the program somehow looks up my computer's localisation and uses Polish for some of the in-game text. This makes it rather tiring to read, as you basically get bits and pieces of translation here and there, with the rest still in English. It also cannot correclty display Polish letters, compounding the general feel of messiness.

I've noticed the same thing happen with Stone Soup, which is also written in Lua(I think) if it helps.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: March 13, 2014, 07:49:41 am »

Who can tell me what's going on/how to disable this:
I came back to DDA after a while, and now it appears that the program somehow looks up my computer's localisation and uses Polish for some of the in-game text. This makes it rather tiring to read, as you basically get bits and pieces of translation here and there, with the rest still in English. It also cannot correclty display Polish letters, compounding the general feel of messiness.

I've noticed the same thing happen with Stone Soup, which is also written in Lua(I think) if it helps.
Just delete the "lang" directory where the game's installed to. It will make the game default back to English.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: March 13, 2014, 08:14:49 am »

An NPC who wandered into my shelter very nearly got hunted down by me since he took some stuff. Fortunately i was already packing to leave and he didn't take anything of value so he doesn't get an M4 burst to the face disregard, bastard took my gallon jug of gas and will die.

On a completely unrelated note, what ways are there to recharge a car battery?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:18:34 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: March 13, 2014, 08:22:43 am »

Stick it into a car with a running engine. Or stuff regular batteries into it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: March 13, 2014, 09:38:36 am »

So, I created a character who was a senior citizen with bad knees, a bad back, far sight, and a bunch of other traditional senior citizen problems, but was also gifted with marksmanship from "the war" and high intelligence and perception thanks to his old age.

Was mauled by zombies on the way out of a sporting goods store. Last words "Dagnab" because I accidentally hit enter too quick.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: March 13, 2014, 10:46:54 am »

Is it possible to make a gun that doesn't fire?  Or more specifically, a gun mod with an auxiliary fire mode, that doesn't shoot anything but has ammo capacity.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: March 13, 2014, 11:08:24 am »

Is it possible to make a gun that doesn't fire?  Or more specifically, a gun mod with an auxiliary fire mode, that doesn't shoot anything but has ammo capacity.
You might be able to make it so that it doesn't have any valid ammo to accept, but I'm not sure. Any particular reason why you want to make this?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:57 am »

Clearly Girlinhat wants to make a gun that has a storage slot for your bacon.  Because 'murika.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: March 13, 2014, 11:18:16 am »

I was toying with the idea of a modal gun system.  More or less, it'd be an empty chassis with 4 large open holes, and the player could find/craft different gun mods to fit into them, and be able to cycle through different weapons depending on what was going on.  With the idea of being a real 'all purpose weapon' I was going to see if one of those barrels couldn't be pure storage, for batteries or gasoline.  So I'd want it able to store ammo, but not actually fire it.

Also, is there any way for a gun mod to add an ammo effect?  For instance, being able to attach an upgrade to a laser and make it explosive?

NINJA: That was also an idea, actually.  An ammo for 'meat pellet' which could be crafted without any tools into an edible item.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:38 am »

Shoot meat into your mouth at 500mph.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1086