Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1779746 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #16260 on: March 06, 2015, 06:26:19 pm »

Butchering clothing must be a new feature in the experimental builds, as it doesn't seem to work on the stable version.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:29:55 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: March 06, 2015, 06:36:29 pm »

"B"utchering clothing on the ground is new, yes, but you could almost always cut it ("A"ctivate a knife/scissors/other cutting thing, select cutting, select item), or in some cases disassemble it. (Default keybinding is "(" )
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: March 06, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »

Try ground-butchering on something unimportant first. I ALWAYS ruin everything I try to cut up that way, as opposed to always getting decent returns on items I pick up and cut apart in my inventory.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: March 06, 2015, 06:39:47 pm »

It depends on skill(I think tailoring for cutting up, butchering for, well, butchering), and I think the butchering quality of the item.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: March 06, 2015, 06:43:13 pm »

Using the same knife with the same skill on the same character with the same quality items will always destroy them for me on the ground, but never when I pick them up.

Just try it on something you don't want first, to be sure.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: March 06, 2015, 10:37:10 pm »

Okay.

So I've got a small problem with Wandering spawns.  The theory of them is nice, in practice it doesnt allow me respite on the first day.  I end up freezing, naked, unfed, unequiped and unarmed.  It only takes on dog to finish my character in this state; and wander spawns ensure they spawn even in the dark.
  Deer God, they spawn right in front of you, and not a single house/power station/wayward gas station is safe from them.

Wandering spawn would be better if one of two things:
1) They instead populate* map tiles you are not on, and activate when you wander into them.  Exception is the place you 'slept in last'/'designate as home' (via your billboard (still have that, yea?  For npc management?))
2) Allow me to set a high static spawn ratio, but a very low wander spawn (or make the wander spawns spawn moderate/large herds more rarely).

3) alternatively, stop wandering spawns from honing in on softer noises.  Walking around a house should not attract a horde, and even breaking into a window should only attract a trickle.

I'm considering trying to make zombies spawn in the wilderness (hopefully as a rare spawn), but am unsure how to do.
So I added basic zombies as Mammels underseveral different biome spawns, with what I think (hope) is a rare chance [mul;tiplier cost ~higher].

They now should spawn rarely in the wild, and select city locations.  Be free, my little Zs!

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: March 06, 2015, 10:40:37 pm »

Apparently NPCs don't care very much about lighters. Nearly every mission I've taken had them give me a lighter for equipment. It's hilarious when they give me one after telling me to put their undead mom down quickly - maybe they want me to bring the house down.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: March 07, 2015, 04:09:01 pm »

An NPC just threw 3 sticks of dynamite at a fleeing racoon, then charged a horde of about 15 zombies weilding a stick :|
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: March 07, 2015, 04:45:01 pm »

An NPC just threw 3 sticks of dynamite at a fleeing racoon, then charged a horde of about 15 zombies weilding a stick :|

That's definitively worth a Darwin award :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: March 07, 2015, 04:46:52 pm »

Free dynamite, yay!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: March 07, 2015, 08:09:56 pm »

Free dynamite, yay!
Well, it was lit dynamite. :p

So.  I guess its obvious in hindsight that {freq} measures relative scarcity and {cost_multi} measures site monster spawn usage.
  So I did manage to add them, and took off the wanders, and cranked up the spawn rate to 2.6.  I justify that because wolves and such shouldnt spawn literally everywhere.  So far I ran into a few stray mammilian zoms, in the small groups of 1-3 I set up.  If I ran into larger groups, I don't know it because I spend early game too worried about foot-speed, weight/volume management, and food/ammo/running.

This character has been on the run for upwards of a week.  My usual strategy of flicking on flashlights and finding a bike/working vehicle are failing, even at sites I remember having them.  House garages are a nice addition, but finding a garage in the dark is very hit an miss.

So far I've stolen a shotgun from an NPC who died, stumbled into an ammo cache, killed a cop, found a glock, killed 25 or so spiders, found armor, killed a hulk, read three books by flashlight alone (batteries go faster, I notice), and just found a military roadblock that promises working cars at the expense of those nasty turrets.  Or at least I remember them being nasty . . .

Pedit:  >:[ no seats.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:12:35 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: March 07, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

That's definitively worth a Darwin award :P
Even more worthy of a Darwin award is the man who activates a mininuke at 8:00 AM 5 days after the end of the world. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: March 07, 2015, 09:17:23 pm »

What has been added to the game in the past two to three months?  Or is there some kind of changelog I can look at for the experimental version?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: March 07, 2015, 09:26:11 pm »

What has been added to the game in the past two to three months?  Or is there some kind of changelog I can look at for the experimental version?

Here's the best changelog there is: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commits/master

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #16274 on: March 07, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »

Which isn't very useful, since the majority of entries are: X files was edited, or X branch or PR was merged. Doesn't say what the edit or merge was about, and a changelog isn't for people that want to go chase down every little alteration to a file.
But thanks just the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086