Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1777278 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3360 on: June 12, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »

Ah so I don't need that black box I found then. Well all things considered since I did completely clear the wreckage I got enough things from the place besides it to be worth it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: June 13, 2013, 11:59:42 am »

HELP!

How i can siphon a car to FILL the gasolin in the tank?
My car as 0 fuel and i can't siphon the gas for fill the tank.....

FOUND.... :O)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:02:07 pm by teoleo »

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: June 13, 2013, 01:09:22 pm »

I like the siphoning feature. I got in the habit of carrying around plastic bottles of gasoline filled from my main jerrycan and I've recovered about half a dozen flatbed trucks now. I'm gonna mod one into a tanker truck, install gasoline tanks on it everywhere and use it as my personal gas station.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3363 on: June 14, 2013, 01:14:58 am »

I have two things I would request of this game still. First of all the searching of recipes is nice but what I would like is a reverse look up as well. Sure I can find the antenna recipe really easily but finding out what recipes use an antenna is not. Second I would like watercraft. I don't know how cars take to the water but being able to find a row boat and use it to escape seems interesting. That and once you have that in its not that far from someone modding the game into Waterworld and that seems like an interesting setting that could fit in with the theme of the current game. Especially once crop growing is an option because then finding dirt would be important.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 14, 2013, 03:37:37 am »

Yeah boats and fishing are planned features. I think. I want to build a raft and turn the game into 'Cataclysm: Adventures of Tom Sawyer'.

I think the problem with boats is the way vehicles are handled, it's quite likely that you would fall through the deck of the boat into the water if you left the driver's seat and if not, you'd get hit by some part of the boat as it moved underneath you. Sorta how that couger in your passenger seat is squished as soon as you accelerate.

So it might be a while.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3365 on: June 14, 2013, 03:40:52 am »

Yes but since I connected the idea of modding the game into Waterworld there is a potential that someone will get caught by it and have a strange mood and take a fork into a workshop for a bit. Hopefully they won't go insane if they do because it will be interesting to see what comes of it.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 14, 2013, 04:13:34 am »

...Waterworld...

Man that movie was terrible surely you don't mean a mod based on the movie.

But you know, the best place to be in a zombie apocalypse would be on a boat. It's odd there is virtually no games or fiction of any kind exploring that concept, survival on a boat, having to raid ports for supplies and fuel, maybe stealing a larger ship which would require even more fuel to keep it moving, rationing and dealing with probably insane survivors, mechanical failures and mishaps on the sea, fishing and whatever else, zombies climbing up the anchor chain. Zombie sea gulls. Deck swabbing.

I'm not sure Cata would be a good platform to model any of that though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3367 on: June 14, 2013, 04:18:44 am »

The movie was ok at best but I liked it and the concept. Now that is something with legs to it. Just think of the setting and realize how well it can fit in. Sure some of the mechanics don't exactly exist yet but really all you need is boats and swimming zombies. Also you don't need a completely water covered world but having oceans would be neat.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: June 14, 2013, 05:52:51 am »

...Waterworld...
It's odd there is virtually no games or fiction
*cough*
World War Z
*cough*

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: June 14, 2013, 07:40:26 am »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:46 am »

We don't have any real aquatic monster (save sewer fish), do we? How hard could it be to copy the worms code to make giant eels?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 14, 2013, 08:00:24 am »

Or deep ones, or kraken, or mutated angler fish with a taste for human flesh... The ocean is a dark and mysterious place.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:48 am »

Yes please, make sea-stuff happen. Killer eels, mutated sharks, the Old Ones, poisonous jellyfish, mermen, giant squid and of course the tentacle monster ! Could also make a new structure class that spawns on the shore like docks, moored explorable ships, piers, fishing huts, lighthouses etc. Also, we got the car code, should be very little effort to make boats from that.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3373 on: June 14, 2013, 10:03:30 am »

I want to wake which is dead yet through strange eons may live so I can ram it with a boat for ludicrous damage.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 14, 2013, 10:06:22 am »

Oh, oh! Make paradise islands with no infected on them, only wild(and dangerous) animals and add farming in! That's gonna be glorious.
What the guy above said. There's gotta be some rng or whatever involved with sailboats, and some exhaustion things with rowing, but otherwise boats sound pretty real and easy.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 1086