Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1780785 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3375 on: June 14, 2013, 10:11:29 am »

The infected are really only in special things like towns. The areas in between are relatively safe. I actually thing the gas stations in the middle of nowhere make good bases.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3376 on: June 14, 2013, 11:35:43 am »

yeah, zombies are only really a problem in town. outside of town your main worry is wildlife and fungaloids.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #3377 on: June 14, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »

I'm not sure how many of the folk who spent the day helping me debug the old development version between 0.4 and 0.5, and picking through the tangled mess of McJester's save-file, actually read the forums here, but I feel obliged to heap my praises upon them none the less.

And of course, to strongly suggest that anyone having any issues with the game make stopping by the IRC channel a very high priority. Seriously, fixing the rampaging weather would have been a nightmare on my own due to a lack of familiarity with the code and where to look for likely solutions. But thanks to a couple of the scholarly gentlefolk on the CataclysmDDA IRC channel, McJester's can now enjoy weather that doesn't change a couple of times every in-game minute (literally... I didn't even realise it was that bad)

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: June 14, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »

They 'fixed' the weather? I thought it was supposed to be drizzly and rainy non stop in New England?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3379 on: June 14, 2013, 06:33:29 pm »

I just thought that with all these disasters there was some side affect from one of them that effed up the weather. Though I should hop on I guess since I do basically do a video of Cataclysm everyday.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: June 14, 2013, 07:36:29 pm »

I want to wake which is dead yet through strange eons may live so I can ram it with a boat for ludicrous damage.

Totally. Isn't New England the original Fthulhuland anyway?
Love, scriver~

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: June 14, 2013, 07:59:48 pm »

I want to wake which is dead yet through strange eons may live so I can ram it with a boat for ludicrous damage.

Totally. Isn't New England the original Fthulhuland anyway?

Yes.

Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl boat ramming should definitely be a thing to implement.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3382 on: June 14, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »

You can already ram some of the mythos with a car so its not that far until we can do it with a boat.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: June 14, 2013, 09:07:26 pm »

Wipers won't get all the Deep One off the windshield, because scales and fish guts. Another possible application for rags?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: June 15, 2013, 01:30:18 am »

Wipers won't get all the Deep One off the windshield, because scales and fish guts. Another possible application for rags?
Windshield washer fluid will command a higher price then gasoline in the future.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: June 15, 2013, 04:41:47 am »

So I put a metric shitton of things I spent an entire day gathering into the trunk, so that I can upgrade the truck later on...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fucking Lovecraft.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: June 15, 2013, 05:44:18 am »

Giant worms? They're not a problem as long as you stay on the road. I really love how to effectively kill them, you need to use yourself as a bait to get them out of the ground.

Actually, we need more bait-like stuff.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: June 15, 2013, 08:56:38 am »

A Thumper from Dune sounds like it'd be good.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: June 15, 2013, 08:58:16 am »

Turn on a radio or something, and toss it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: June 15, 2013, 09:00:20 am »

Psh, why use a preexisting tactic when we could push for the implementation of an item that'll go largely unused (until !!SCIENCE!! happens)? That's just silly!
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1086