Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1780291 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3435 on: June 19, 2013, 10:26:52 am »

But Fungaloids are magically delicious if you add bleach and ammonia!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: June 19, 2013, 11:50:51 am »

A loud car is usually big enough to plow straight through the fungaloids with no issue as long as you don't plan on stopping anywhere.  And even then they are easily outrun if you park your car a distance away from what yer planning to enter.  Though you do wanna make sure you are wearing mouth protection.

I learned this the hard way. I found my first ever motorbike (I'm not too big on vehicles, at least not yet) and I recently had a bad run in with fungaloids. Both of my arms being mangled and broken, I set off on a desperate quest to find a hospital.

What I found was cougars. And fungaloids. A lot of fungaloids.

Shame, it was a nice bike...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: June 19, 2013, 03:08:14 pm »

I hate spiders. There are so many that I do a lap around my base in my flatbed and hit at least five before I get out and go into the base. I can't dig ditches fast enough to finish the perimeter, either.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3438 on: June 19, 2013, 03:11:24 pm »

Do they aggro on vehicles instantly or something? In my character that just died I could walk around just fine but drive my car around and boom, a bajillion spiders charging at me to die under my wheels.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: June 19, 2013, 03:13:21 pm »

Spiders, especially wolf spiders, love to aggro you right away, vehicle or not. Though vehicles way more noise, which may be a factor of them attacking you more often while you're driving.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:51 pm »

Good lord the radioactivity mutation is funny. I got it as my first one on a character, and ended up mutating about 5 times a day.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:41 pm »

Do radio towers do anything right now?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: June 19, 2013, 07:29:59 pm »

Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up - Kickstarter is officially launching the midnight leading into this Saturday.

I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: June 20, 2013, 12:58:04 pm »

Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up - Kickstarter is officially launching the midnight leading into this Saturday.

Success incoming.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3444 on: June 20, 2013, 03:06:43 pm »

My wallet is out and ready.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: June 20, 2013, 03:09:14 pm »

My wallet is out and ready.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »

Also we appreciate all the word spreading that you guys can do about the kickstarter. The more people that see the kickstarter, the more funding we get! :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: June 21, 2013, 12:35:56 am »

Also we appreciate all the word spreading that you guys can do about the kickstarter. The more people that see the kickstarter, the more funding we get! :D
As chief of fun games from the cracks in the internet amongst my friends, I'll get pitching.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3448 on: June 21, 2013, 05:03:50 am »

I have another video up which I think is interesting. I go android though I get and interesting combo of solar panels and the head lamp thing so I don't define myself by that. My real pride and joy is my suit. Here it is.

As for the kickstarter when I have a link to it I will include it in my videos while its going on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: June 21, 2013, 08:00:18 am »

I have another video up which I think is interesting. I go android though I get and interesting combo of solar panels and the head lamp thing so I don't define myself by that. My real pride and joy is my suit. Here it is.

As for the kickstarter when I have a link to it I will include it in my videos while its going on.

what sort of insane man plays anything with dwarf fortress running in the background i ask you this
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 1086