Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1777108 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3450 on: June 21, 2013, 08:14:28 am »

I just keep it running at all times so I am ready whenever the urge strikes. That and I have a DF LP going so in between recording episodes for that I do other stuff.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:12:09 pm by forsaken1111 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: June 21, 2013, 11:11:03 pm »

That seems like an awful lot of casual swearing for a Kickstarter page, but what do I know.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3453 on: June 21, 2013, 11:14:42 pm »

That seems like an awful lot of casual swearing for a Kickstarter page, but what do I know.
...what?

Edit: I see "Damned Shame" and a single "fuck" in one of the comics. Am I missing something to qualify this as an "Awful lot" or have I just been driven so far to desensitization that these two instances do not really worry me when they should?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:20:46 pm by forsaken1111 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 21, 2013, 11:31:40 pm »

Okay it's not an awful lot, I wasn't really paying attention.

That said, it is Kickstarter, so any swearing at all seems... I dunno, excessive?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: June 21, 2013, 11:52:27 pm »

This is a game about killing reanimated corpses and other horrors while high as fuck on a variety of substances in order to go fast/avoid depression/insanity, as you slowly but surely lose your humanity by becoming a cyborg and/or mutant in order to enhance your abilities so you can avoid doing practical things like reading manuals, and you are complaining about motherfucking swearing?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: June 21, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »

Admittedly, I limited myself to nothing more than "damn" in my pitch intentionally. I completely missed the comic thing and I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable changing someone's stuff like that anyway. >_>

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: June 22, 2013, 12:07:00 am »

This is a game about killing reanimated corpses and other horrors while high as fuck on a variety of substances in order to go fast/avoid depression/insanity, as you slowly but surely lose your humanity by becoming a cyborg and/or mutant in order to enhance your abilities so you can avoid doing practical things like reading manuals, and you are complaining about motherfucking swearing?

I'm not complaining about motherfucking swearing, I'm saying that Kickstarter might.  They do have a standards and practices rule, and American company that they are you can have all the violence you want as long as there's no F-bombs.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 22, 2013, 12:09:14 am »

They okay-ed it though. Every kickstarter undergoes an extensive review process before it can be launched. Or so I'm assured. They mostly just sent me a verbal thumbs up after several days of waiting. So hopefully it won't be a problem.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: June 22, 2013, 12:16:12 am »

I'm not complaining about motherfucking swearing, I'm saying that Kickstarter might.  They do have a standards and practices rule, and American company that they are you can have all the violence you want as long as there's no F-bombs.
Not really guaranteed to extend to the internet. The whole thing against coarse language stems from the FCC anyway, and they have no power over the content of this here series of tubes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: June 22, 2013, 04:10:14 am »

The kickstarter, t'is good.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3461 on: June 22, 2013, 05:12:52 am »

My new video is up and it has the link to the Kickstarter in both its description and in a link in the video itself. In the video itself I continue my good luck from the one I posted last time. Anyway here it is.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3462 on: June 22, 2013, 07:02:05 am »

Hey 11% already!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: June 22, 2013, 08:01:33 am »

I think the main source of recognition for Cataclysm DDA comes from Bay12 and Youtube LPs, so we best capitalize on it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3464 on: June 22, 2013, 08:26:58 am »

Has anyone seen the new mutagens in the recent build? Its quite interesting and a quick turnaround on a suggestion. I will have to make a character to test it at some point. Also arrows
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1086