Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1780967 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9135 on: November 23, 2013, 10:24:53 am »

Found a nasty twofer - spitter and shocker at the same time. Paralyzed while standing in a puddle of acid. I'm in PAIIIIIIN!

In the future, I need to remember to carry some codeine on long scavenging trips.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: November 24, 2013, 06:44:27 pm »

Found a nasty twofer - spitter and shocker at the same time. Paralyzed while standing in a puddle of acid. I'm in PAIIIIIIN!

In the future, I need to remember to carry some codeine on long scavenging trips.
And meth. Because nothing helps ease that encumbering pain like getting incredibly high.

No, really - the added speed is great if you need to make a getaway on foot.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: November 24, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »

Last time my character took meth, I had a cripplingly bad crash afterwards that required 16 hours of sleep to get rid of. May have been a drug reaction (I took something else as well), but either way I don't usually mess around with the harder drugs. Alcohol, tobacco, codeine, nicotine, and cannabis are the extent of my normal drug use within the game.

Ran into a breather. Interesting creature, giant immobile creature that just... sits there. Breathing. Until I sprayed bolts over into the nucleus to kill it.

Edit: Also, deafness should probably keep you from knowing how much noise you're making. I stepped on some kind of... sonic landmine? I dunno, it was where the breather was before I killed it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:08:44 pm by Grendus »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: November 24, 2013, 11:50:46 pm »

Nothing beats the feeling of having a dying character with infected wounds collapse into a bathtub full of bandages and antibiotics.

These are Dark Days indeed.
These are glorious days, when you literally bathe in your relief from suffering!  Now begins the uprising!  Now begins the fight anew!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:16 am »

Nothing beats the feeling of having a dying character with infected wounds collapse into a bathtub full of bandages and antibiotics.

These are Dark Days indeed.
These are glorious days, when you literally bathe in your relief from suffering!  Now begins the uprising!  Now begins the fight anew!

Given that our characters never bathe, I suspect that any bathing at all would be a shock to the system. Ahh, the smells of the apocalypse.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: November 25, 2013, 11:01:09 am »

Nonsense!  I'll have you know I spend many days in the rain!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: November 25, 2013, 11:06:49 am »

Last time my character took meth, I had a cripplingly bad crash afterwards that required 16 hours of sleep to get rid of.
Cataclysm teaches important life lessons.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: November 25, 2013, 01:04:42 pm »

When I shower, I put on samurai armor and stand in torrential rain and hail, screaming my manliness to the heavens demanding their worst.

Or something like that?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: November 25, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »

Bah; little children wearing armour. Real men wear nothing but woad in the rain and hail.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: November 25, 2013, 02:03:33 pm »

Hail is fine, but I'm NOT standing naked in the acid rains. There are some things you just don't expose your manhood to.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: November 25, 2013, 02:24:55 pm »

FUN FACT :D
Woad can be used as a mild drug.  When warriors were painted in it, it had a similar effect to rubbing coca leaves over themselves briefly.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9146 on: November 25, 2013, 02:28:22 pm »

herm, i sit and point and laugh at the naked peeps as a get my bow aand arrow and snipe zombies.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: November 25, 2013, 02:31:02 pm »

Hail is fine, but I'm NOT standing naked in the acid rains. There are some things you just don't expose your manhood to.

What, huge chunks of ice is fine by your standard?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: November 25, 2013, 03:40:48 pm »

Bruising I can take. If it dissolves, it won't grow back.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: November 27, 2013, 12:22:03 pm »

On the subject of nudity, do zombies still slip right out of their clothes when they rez? I think they do.

The issue is the clothes are effectively random "drops," not equipment, and even if they were equipment, corpses aren't programmed to keep items attached to themselves, meaning rezzed zeds magically phase through their clothing when they get back up, leaving all that stuff lying on the floor.

Not really a huge issue, but I remember that the devs included clothing drops just because someone made a thread called "Zombie Wang Everywhere" or something, complaining about the fact that every single zed was supposedly buck-ass nude, so I thought they might want to address this as well.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1086