Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1781784 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9225 on: December 04, 2013, 02:37:31 pm »

Btw, omega, if you'd like even faster responses to any questions you have, there's a link to the cataclysm IRC on the main site. Very cool people online, helping newbies is a favorite activity there.

Try throwing rocks too. Remember there's food in the fridges & cubbards of normal houses. Also, if you get a rubber hose, (smash a fridge), you can siphon large amounts of clean water out of RVs, (or just drink straight from the kitchen unit). The rest I can think of off the top of my head is probably in grendus' guide-posts.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »

Btw, omega, if you'd like even faster responses to any questions you have, there's a link to the cataclysm IRC on the main site. Very cool people online, helping newbies is a favorite activity there.

Try throwing rocks too.
Why are you telling them to throw rocks at us in IRC? that's just mean D:
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: December 04, 2013, 03:45:37 pm »

But azmodean, throwing rocks is a handy way to train. We just have to take a few rocks to the face for Cmega's sake.

It's all for the greater good, y'see?

And that..bandages can be improvised without superglue would be a good suggestion. Just would heal even less than a normal bandage would (clean water + rags as an alternative crafting formula?) :P
Well, to a certain degree you can do that. You can use rags to stop bleeding, if you don't have bandages or a first-aid kit. But then, it doesn't do anything other than stop bleeding, so yeah.
Oh, and also...
I find bandages to be far more common than superglue...
On the other hand, superglue has few other uses and it's not too hard to find the ingredients for it, assuming you've enough cooking skill.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: December 04, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »

On the other hand, superglue has few other uses

Explosive Shotgun Slugs/ Enough said.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: December 05, 2013, 02:17:24 pm »

So in the latest version, you have to turn a car or off, it doesn't automatically set its state depending on if you're driving it. Not realizing this, I spent an hour and 2/3 of a double tank of gas (I repaired and modified a standard truck which has two gas tanks) searching for a portal nearby that was making that "hrmmm" sound. Oops. Guess it's time to go green and swap out that 8 cylinder for an electric motor.

I like all of the new vehicle systems. You can add a Chemistry Kit, Forge, and other powered tools to a car. Nice (although given that they tend to attract catastrophic damage, I think I'll put them on a fenced in, stationary vehicle platform).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: December 05, 2013, 02:51:45 pm »

FYI, the damage stuff might just be totally fixed.  There's a long-standing bug that made impacts with monsters apply to the origin of the vehicle (usually the driver seat, oops), which means the fix to make shock damage fall off with distance from the impact wasn't working at all.  That is now addressed, and additionally shock damage *only* applies to frames (impact damage still hits armor first, then random stuff in the square), so impacts shouldn't affect your Mr Fusion in the back of the truck at all.

What CAN happen is if a frame is destroyed, it falls apart into scrap and is scattered on the ground, and any components attached to it fall off the vehicle.  For the time being this only applies to frames that are on the edge of the vehicle, so you can't split your vehicle in half by ramming a jabberwock at a few hundred MPH, yet.

All this awesomeness courtesy of Ian.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: December 05, 2013, 05:43:01 pm »

I tend to lose them to zombies. Somehow, no matter how well I clear ahead of the vehicle, they always wind up on the opposite side of a Vehicle Welding Rig than me. It's not a bug, I just suck at situational awareness.

Edit: I think I found a bug with the Finger-Mounted Laser CBM. It doesn't seem to be draining power when I fire it. Other CBM's are draining power just fine.

Also, when I try to disassemble a cell phone with my integrated toolset, it gives an alert about a missing mutagen("iv_mutagen_troglobite") in the json file.

Flashlight does the same thing. "Missing item (check item_groups.json): iv_mutagen_troglobite" when I try to disassemble.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:46:11 pm by Grendus »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: December 05, 2013, 06:16:43 pm »

On the other hand, superglue has few other uses

Explosive Shotgun Slugs/ Enough said.
Hey, one cool use counts for few other uses. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: December 05, 2013, 09:08:40 pm »

Question on the Triffid Heart: I got to the bottom of the dungeon, but I can't find the heart. I assume I need to come back with a jackhammer or explosives to find the Heart?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »

Yeadon';t think the trifflid heart has really changed at all since whales and it always had a problem with blocking itself off to be inaccessible or even trapping a player by surrounding them with walls.

I consider a full jackhammer (or the resonator cbm) a requirement for taking one on.  Though nowadays I leave them be.  Dead veggy takes much longer to spoil than dead critter, and they both die just as fast to spiked plating traveling at 60mph.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:29 am »

If you have the CBM that let you walk in fire, setting fire to the walls may do the trick.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: December 06, 2013, 03:26:24 am »

If you have the CBM that let you walk in fire, setting fire to the walls may do the trick.
The problem is that they can be behind rock walls as well, map generation isn't always the most detailed tool and having totally encased areas would be perfectly normal.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: December 06, 2013, 06:08:38 am »

Love the video.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:23:21 am by NobodyPro »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: December 06, 2013, 08:14:10 pm »

Bugger it. I thought the spoiler wasnot on the video and this hit the sodding thing. Ah well.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: December 08, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »

Can I hook a shopping cart (like a trailer) up to another vehicle? If so, how?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1086