Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1759287 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Link to the new thread.

If you notice the troll has posted, please copy paste this quote block a SINGLE TIME after his post, only if no one else has already on this page of the thread, and do not engage him in any way. Do not edit this quote block, and do not include any other content in the notification post.
This is a post by a known bandodger and troll. Please do not respond to him in any way. See the first post for further details - if you have any questions or feel something is unexplained, please PM GlyphGryph and he will try to answer you and add needed information to that post.

We have been having a persistent troll problem in this thread - if you have been directed to this post, it is probably because he is posting, probably about Metal Gear Solid mod. DO NOT RESPOND, it is a trap. Instead, read the following to understand the situation.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

For those who are unaware, Cataclysm is a roguelike set in the post-apocalypse. There are zombies, but it is NOT a zombie game. And even the zombies aren't as they appear. You'll fight robots and giant worms, mutate and enhance yourself with cybernetics, and struggle to keep your hunger (and the wolves) at bay, all while uncovering the secret of why the world was really destroyed.

Welcome to the end.

You emerge from the shelter into the dim light of an overcast day, and look around for the first time since the disaster.

The world as you knew it is gone. A ruined world stands in its place, full of nightmares come to life. Nothing can ever go back to the way it was, before the Cataclysm, but you have to be strong. You have to survive. You have to persevere. If you don't, death will be one of the better outcomes.

Above your head, storm clouds gather, and the rain stings and hisses against your skin. You shoulder your backpack, and start walking. The world has gone to hell, but you get the sinking feeling that there are darker days ahead.

So, Cataclysm. Some of you may remember the original version. You may also remember that Whales isn't working on it anymore.

However, it is not dead! Instead, lead by TheDarklingWolf, development continues with Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:39:30 am by Toady One »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »

What an enormous project to undertake! I sincerely wish you well, GG and any others. Cataclysm is awesome but with a roguelike so complex you can never stop improving.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

Don't get me wrong, my contributions to this developing will be minuscule - you do NOT want to leave a project that requires long-term stability in my hands. You know that better than most, hah.

No, I'm just gonna be providing web support and promotional efforts, because I can't stand to see something I love die when I can do something about. The Darkling Wolf, Kevingranade, Origamiwolf and the other active developers are the people that will be REALLY holding this together.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 11:42:08 pm »

Yes.

That is all I have to say.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 11:59:20 pm »

You guys are welcome to use what little I did.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 12:40:01 am »

Very nice.

Now get back to work.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 12:49:07 am »

Very nice.

Now get back to work.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 12:55:20 am »

Posting to watch :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:57:59 am »

Posting to watch.
Can't wait to see what you guys do with the game.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 01:39:47 am »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 01:59:18 am »

Definitely interesting to see this getting even more development. I'd still like to see if I could find a way to hack that one trait for rain/shoes I remember being suggested before.

Any chance of a feature list for people who haven't played it in a while?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 02:05:50 am »

I was in the the old thread may as well jump into the new one too.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 03:17:07 am »

Good old Cataclysm, used to play it a lot. Though now I got some other things to play, though I'd recommend it. And great to see that its getting worked on again! Can't wait untill I'm finished with my current playthroughs!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 04:55:02 am »

Awesome. I just blew up the tutorial room, and forgot to hide in the basement. I burned to death. Now, whenever I restart the tutorial, the level is still a big ball of fire. Gonna reinstall and wait out the blast in the basement, see what lies outside of the tutorial room hehehe.

Damn. When I duck into the basement, time stands still on the floor above. So no waiting it out in the basement :(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:03:47 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 05:01:31 am »

Awesome. I just blew up the tutorial room, and forgot to hide in the basement. I burned to death. Now, whenever I restart the tutorial, the level is still a big ball of fire. Gonna reinstall and wait out the blast in the basement, see what lies outside of the tutorial room hehehe
You can just delete the tutorial savefolder.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1086