Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1759526 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #7095 on: September 30, 2013, 10:10:21 pm »

Question on rain: how do you collect rain (especially acid rain) with a funnel and jug? I've tried putting down the jug then the funnel, putting down the funnel then the jug, I've literally stood and watched the rain fall on the jugs, and no water has accumulated. Am I doing it wrong, or is it just buggy.

It takes way, way too long to be useful as a collection tool. Like, hours for 2 drinks and you can't craft or leave the area.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: September 30, 2013, 10:17:51 pm »

I was mostly looking to collect some acid rain to refine into concentrated acid for acid bombs and batteries. Water isn't too much of an issue, while I don't have any pools or rivers nearby there's plenty of water in the toilets, just needs a little boiling.

Edit: Also, is there a way to pick up only part of a stack? I have massive amounts of things like nails and aspirin, and would prefer to leave the bulk of those at home.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: September 30, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »

I was mostly looking to collect some acid rain to refine into concentrated acid for acid bombs and batteries. Water isn't too much of an issue, while I don't have any pools or rivers nearby there's plenty of water in the toilets, just needs a little boiling.

In that case it's utterly impossible. I've never had it acid rain long enough to actually collect a single portion.

Edit: Also, is there a way to pick up only part of a stack? I have massive amounts of things like nails and aspirin, and would prefer to leave the bulk of those at home.

use the / menu and drop some in an adjacent tile. you can drop partial stacks, but are forced to pick up the entire stack every time. Fun!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: September 30, 2013, 10:33:30 pm »

Hmm. Is there a good way to gather acid then? Can you bottle it from a spitter? I'm mostly looking for an AoE weapon that I don't have to worry about lighting the town on fire.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: September 30, 2013, 10:35:52 pm »

I haven't seen one, aside from ripping up massive numbers of batteries. You can make batteries with easily available stuff and some electronics skill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:18 pm »

Water can get contaminated into acid water under the rain.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:55 pm »

I'm not entirely certain that it doesn't exist already, but a CBM that allowed you to recharge batteries from your internal power supply would be nifty.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: September 30, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »

I think I've seen it able to craft 'bottle of pure acid' by using a welding rig, pulling batteries out of the vehicle.  I don't remember exactly though, there may have been batteries on the floor.

I believe you can also use 'weak acid water' which you can obtain by leaving a partly filled container under a funnel during acid rain or drizzle.  Particularly, if you have a Keg, you can ruin a lot of perfectly good water with a light tracing of acid, then refine that into real acid.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7103 on: September 30, 2013, 10:45:01 pm »

I can confirm you can collect acid rain- I slept through an early morning acid storm, woke up with a few plastic bottles of acid and the rest of the stacks ruined/heavily damaged.

Protip: use 3l jars

Oh hey and if it makes a difference, I use 4 funnels in a 2x2 arrangement.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: September 30, 2013, 10:53:43 pm »

I saw someone mention you can pick up part of a stack. Don't remember exactly how.

Also, funnels are a perfectly viable way to get water. Just set a single funnel up than put a steel jerrycan or keg under it and sleep semi-near it. Granted it takes a while to purify it but hey, tons of free risk-free water.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7105 on: September 30, 2013, 10:56:43 pm »

For stacks:
(key for the item you want to drop)
(number you want to drop)
(key for the item you want to drop)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: September 30, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »

I saw someone mention you can pick up part of a stack. Don't remember exactly how.

Also, funnels are a perfectly viable way to get water. Just set a single funnel up than put a steel jerrycan or keg under it and sleep semi-near it. Granted it takes a while to purify it but hey, tons of free risk-free water.

Ohh speaking of this:
You can use the water-extraction bionic to get ANY AMOUNT of drinkable water; it just fills on the target container with potable water. I've extracted 80+Liters from a single jumping spider with jerrycans. If only you could just directly pump it into vehicular water tanks...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: September 30, 2013, 11:12:21 pm »

Yeah, currently all corpses contain infinite water.  It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

And now I realize why so many out-of-context quotes come from here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: September 30, 2013, 11:56:18 pm »

I've definitely got shocker zombies in my 'classic zombies' world.
There are no special zombies besides shockers though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7109 on: October 01, 2013, 12:05:08 am »

When I tried classic in .5, I had a bunch of boomers in a hospital as well.
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1086