Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1759396 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9195 on: November 30, 2013, 06:44:31 pm »

Will it even process what's happening on a different z-level?

You can set spawns to 0 btw.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: November 30, 2013, 07:00:27 pm »

Do not really remember. I dont think it did, but I havent checked in a while.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: November 30, 2013, 11:17:05 pm »

Awh, I waited for some hotfixes after I heard about all these bugs, but it's worse than I thought. The windows tile version is unplayable for me. Constant message spam about "unknown command" and menus are immediately closing. To make it worse my character is always moving north no matter what. Something is screwed up with the SDL inputs and something is constantly inputting.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: November 30, 2013, 11:18:39 pm »

that moving north may just be you. Im am playing the game fine, excepting having too many items.

A word of advice, dont activate 75 Grenades at once and drop them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:25:07 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: December 01, 2013, 02:49:52 am »

Yeah, use a mininuke and save yourself the carpal tunnel.

Awh, I waited for some hotfixes after I heard about all these bugs, but it's worse than I thought. The windows tile version is unplayable for me. Constant message spam about "unknown command" and menus are immediately closing. To make it worse my character is always moving north no matter what. Something is screwed up with the SDL inputs and something is constantly inputting.
Try deleting the keymap.txt file file in the data folder. The game will create a new one on startup.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: December 01, 2013, 02:05:12 pm »

that moving north may just be you. Im am playing the game fine, excepting having too many items.

I had a similar problem when I accidently debug menu'd myself way more ammo than I intended.  So I did my usual method of dropping the extra and lighting some adjacent wood on fire.

10 minutes later the game was still showing me tiny little individual explosions, so I force quit.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: December 01, 2013, 03:58:34 pm »

I've been wondering: does having bigger wheels on a car have any noticeable effect, or is a car with 30" wide wheels the same as one with bicycle wheels?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: December 01, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »

It changes their dynamic movement properties.  I assume this allows very heavy vehicles on very large wheels to achieve a better safe speed and fuel efficiency, but I've not done any testing.  I know you can technically put a tank on shopping cart casters though.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: December 02, 2013, 12:51:15 pm »

IIRC the main advantage to bigger wheels is they are stronger.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: December 02, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »

Wide wheels also don't trigger land mines.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: December 02, 2013, 01:15:51 pm »

It changes their dynamic movement properties.  I assume this allows very heavy vehicles on very large wheels to achieve a better safe speed and fuel efficiency, but I've not done any testing.  I know you can technically put a tank on shopping cart casters though.

Spoiler: Cataclysm.jpg (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: December 02, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »

I don't see a problem with that. It's how I normally go shopping.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: December 02, 2013, 01:48:09 pm »

So did I, until I realized that if I removed the turret I can fit more stuff in, and realized that at this point it was just an armored shopping cart.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9208 on: December 03, 2013, 05:30:41 am »

That is 2 too many wheels.

1 forward, one aft, you're good to go; so long as the tank is properly balanced.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9209 on: December 03, 2013, 05:42:24 am »

So did I, until I realized that if I removed the turret I can fit more stuff in, and realized that at this point it was just an armored shopping cart.
I think that is what most Cataclysm vehicles boil down to anyway.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1086