Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1777673 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10920 on: March 14, 2014, 02:09:28 pm »

Found a bunch of mininukes and a book with recipe for atomic battery mod in a lab.

I now have a atomic MP3 player with 9876 charges and a pair of lupine ears.

But now your headphones don't fit.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: March 14, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »

Is it normal for dead scientists to be found with a bunch of underclothes of various types?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: March 14, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »

Is it normal for dead scientists to be found with a bunch of underclothes of various types?
Like, wearing a bra and boxers?  That happens in real life too.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: March 14, 2014, 04:38:45 pm »

I occasionally find corpses with too many clothes, so I don't think you're alone.

Finding the dead body of Walter White is a great way to get cargo pants.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: March 14, 2014, 04:54:55 pm »

No, I mean like carrying around 5 or 6 pairs of underthings, on every single one of the corpses. I guess scientists appreciate the value of clean underwear?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: March 14, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »

Well, it took a couple days of work, but i now have the best clothing in the game and my survival is guaranteed. I have Fuzzy cat ears, a Fuzzy cat tail, and a fur kitty collar.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: March 14, 2014, 07:35:42 pm »

No, I mean like carrying around 5 or 6 pairs of underthings, on every single one of the corpses. I guess scientists appreciate the value of clean underwear?

I found one just now with no less than four undershirts.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: March 14, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

I found one just now with no less than four undershirts.

Well, those labs are pretty cold.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: March 14, 2014, 08:00:29 pm »

If I had to work in those labs, I would bring several changes of underwear too. They're probably crapping themselves out of fear about every 3 hours.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: March 14, 2014, 08:43:04 pm »

Damn you fire, I had a random small blob-splosion near my hideout manifesting itself as taking almost 10 seconds to do 5-minutes of reading and so I peek out the window and see according to the 'V' monster list, 737 small blobs....

So I whip out the katana and 4 cutting skill lvl increases later the count is 624 small blobs..... so I go to a nearby house and set it ablaze with 3 skewers and trying to lead the majority of the blobs into the fire, unfortunately the fire spread to my safehouse so I had to rush and pack up everything into my shopping cart and haul ass, I lost like 5000 batteries though and other random crap. My new home is a Fire Station, I hope it won't meet an ironic fate.

Haven't gone back to my old home yet to see if the inferno has spread or died down or if the blob population has decreased. Small blobs do make it easy for training though as they aren't really dangerous as they are so slow, might keep the big blobs alive just for that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: March 14, 2014, 10:37:12 pm »

Think I found a bug. I made an oil lamp and some lamp oil, but when I try to (r)eload the Lamp I get a message saying "Out of Lamp Oil" despite me having a bottle full of the stuff on me.
Come play Mafia with us!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: March 14, 2014, 11:12:36 pm »

(a)ctivate the oil bottle?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: March 14, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »

Hmm...as long as that doesn't make my character try to drink it, that might work.
Come play Mafia with us!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10933 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:55 pm »

I often find scientists with nothing more than an inventory full of bras and/or panties. Since well more than half are running around with bags full of undies, I like to think they decided to stock up on their favorite fetishes before the world ended.

That said, it'd be fun to randomly determine the gender of certain monsters and dead NPCs. Just do it like Dwarf Fortress so we can get a quick glance at the gender, adding a bit more flavor by only adding two characters to the end of a name.

Human Corpse ♂
Human Corpse ♀

The Tough Zombie ♀ hits you in the mouth!

etc. Clothes can be drawn randomly depending on the gender. There don't have to be hard and fast rules, but just have a higher chance of girls wearing bras and panties, and men wearing whitey-tighties.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: March 15, 2014, 01:19:01 am »

Hmm...as long as that doesn't make my character try to drink it, that might work.
Got that bug as well. I thought it was because the bottle had only 400 units when the lamp's capacity is 800. I got around it by 'U'nloading the bottle, and choosing the lamp as the destination container.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1086