Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple (Closed)  (Read 31827 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:04 pm »

I'm going with losing it.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »

Losing it? I thought everypony had lost it from the start.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:33 pm »

This is Pineapple, not Valleygleamed, which evidently takes place well before Pineapple :P

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2013, 07:01:52 pm »

Preferably "shy", you know, personality traits like doesn't handle stress well, is unassertive, tends not to openly express emotions etc.
Well... yeah.
Shy enough.

EDIT: It doesn't need to be mechanic or siege engineer. If you can't find any mechanic with such personality, find anypony, no matter his job, and... You know, if you want to mess with it. Just sayin' that I would be more happy about "fitting" character than her being adequate mechanic.

English be hard. Me no know how say this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:09:42 pm by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »

A: You are racist against X.
B: One of my friends is X.
A: This proves nothing, you are still racist because you think of your friend as X.

The stupidity of this argument boggles my mind. If A thought X are vastly inferior or that they should be purged, A would never be friends with an X. Just acknowledging their defferences doesn't mean that A has something serious against X, and if that's the case, that something must be pretty mild. What, is Replica supposed to pretend that there is no difference between the breeds of Pony, when there clearly are some?

This is just one way the preachers of political correctness kind of tolerance rub me the wrong way. Another is that they themselves are very intolerant of anyone disagreeing with them.

I think Maklak would just check his pipbuck for friendly and unfriendly tags. Ah, I forgot he may not be able to do that, with his low spatial sense. Well, in any case he would want to save ponies if they're friendly, but not risk the lives of those already here. But that said, it is OK to use him as something of an antagonist too.

Apart from unpony names, Pineapple could go to Fimfiction.net

Yeah... but racism is still bad... tho...
Its worse when there is an obvious difference between races, that's when political correctness and equality is the most important.
Segregation between ponies is bad in the post apocalypse.

You don't strike me as the pony who would go out of his way to help others, unless it benefits you or the stable as a whole.
I picture you a bit like Zebio Lizard, logical thinker, concerned over whats really best for everyone, but much more straightforward and honest about it.

Ah and maybe, depending on how long this goes I might grab it all, change it a little and post it as a fic, just for laughs.

-snip-
Preferably "shy", you know, personality traits like doesn't handle stress well, is unassertive, tends not to openly express emotions etc.
Well... yeah.
Shy enough.

EDIT: It doesn't need to be mechanic or siege engineer. If you can't find any mechanic with such personality, find anypony, no matter his job, and... You know, if you want to mess with it. Just sayin' that I would be more happy about "fitting" character than her being adequate mechanic.

English be hard. Me no know how say this.

I understand that, but I cant pick your characters based on ingame personalities for a number of reasons.
The two main reasons obviously being that a fitting character may not always be at hand, ie I cant guarantee a mechanic related caste with shy personality.
The other is that genders and races muck the selection up even further, I may get a male unicorn mechanic that is shy, or a female earth pony mechanic that is really assertive and confident.

For story purposes the ingame personalities are largely ignored unless they fit with the character somehow.
I'll sometimes take ingame personalities in consideration of the owners of the characters involved haven't specified what they'd like their character to be like or don't care.
In your case I'll obviously not portray Leaf as a confident pony which is comfortable in social situations, because you told me not to, so you know, don't worry about it.
If I muck up just say so and I'll work on it and retcon as needed. :P
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2013, 05:42:04 am »

> Its worse when there is an obvious difference between races, that's when political correctness and equality is the most important.
I disagree, but there is probably no point arguing about it. In the end no one will be able to convince the other. I see mild xenophobia as actually beneficial to groups of people / ponies.

> You don't strike me as the pony who would go out of his way to help others, unless it benefits you or the stable as a whole.
> I picture you a bit like Zebio Lizard, logical thinker, concerned over whats really best for everyone, but much more straightforward and honest about it.

All of us are slightly schizophrenic, because we want different things that sometimes contradict one another. Just look up the "Id-Ego-Superego" theory.

Yes, it's all calculated risk for him. There is no shortage of food or drink or room, so more ponies are better (strength in numbers and all). If there were what looked like friendlies around and no ghouls, letting them in was worth it. If there were ghouls around, he wouldn't go out of his way to save ponies and risk lives of those already inside the stable, but in this case it was reasonably safe. He also still remembers being in a similar situation and after settling in, was mildly awed by bravery of ponies who opened the way for his group and saved them. Not that he showed it or thanked them for it.

Risk of the new arrivals taking over the stable and enslaving or killing the current population might or might not have occurred to him.

I guess Maklak should get along with Zerbio Lizard just fine. Both Zerbio Lizard and occasional Replica's outbursts of rage may even convince Maklak to "go easy" on Replica and try to channel his frustration somewhere else. He still hates being mostly helpless and trapped in a dangerous place, though.

I also think Maklak would want to go with the Militia Captain (I forget who that was) to screen the new arrivals for potential security guards. That could turn out to be some help to Replica; it would do nothing for sorting out civilians, but she would have fewer of them to deal with and the recruits would report to her as a group, already approved and sorted to squads by the militia captain.

If Maklak is told to help with some labour, he does so.

He still cares about himself first, then about Poet, then about the rest of the stable (having some likes and dislikes of course) and only then about any friendly outsiders or immigrants.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:43:47 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »

Heh, almost forgot to tell the lads over at Pineapple...

I'll be fucking off for two weeks.
Tomorrow, on the morning of the 14th to the 27th to be specific.

Going off to a far away land to go on adventures with Daring Do, this time we are going to this place that has an ocean of salty tears.
Yeah, apparently Micro and other antipones have been filling an entire ocean with tears and are planning on using the ocean to create a massive tsunami that will lay waste to the world and ponies as we know it, so I have to go on this trip to stop that from happening.

Nah not really, just going with my sis to see my dad for a couple o weeks. Its been too long.
So welp, don't expect any updates whatsoever.
Sorry 'bout that.

BUT, this post isn't entirely bad news!
Here is a tidbit I worked on today while idling at school (note, content subject to change).
Spoilery? Mmmaybe, a little. But it's all you get for a while so it's alright.

Bye now.

Day 8
Draft
POV PSI

PSI walked into her newly smoothed home barracks floating a cup of steaming hot coffee.

Being an unicorn was great she thought, she had a hard time imagining how those poor bastards Replica, Splint, Zebio and Lojack could live without a horn, she had tried doing things with her hooves and mouth but she’d only end up toppling things over. Her hooves felt like two logs, she couldn’t really grasp anything with them, how THEY did it was a complete and utter mystery to her.

She looked around the room, there was a group of six new recruits which had been sent down one by one by Replica to join up with their shoddy little militia.
They were green as grass, they were completely embarrassing themselves in their cute little attempts at sparring with one another. It was a good thing that all they had were wooden sticks and brooms, or somepony would have gotten seriously hurt the way they were taking hits to the head and ribs.

She sighed and hovered her coffee close her nuzzle, close enough to feel the heat.
She just wanted to check and make sure that it was still warm, just in case she had been standing there glaring at the recruits for longer than she thought she had.
Still hot. Good.

She hadn’t had coffee since before they left Lemon.
Honestly she wasn’t into the stuff herself, she absolutely hated the taste, it was like warm piss to her.
The coffee wasn’t for her however, she spotted the pony she’d been looking for.

“Hey Splint.” She called out.

The periwinkle blue stallion was snoozing on a smoothed stone stool crafted by none other than himself the day before, by his side, leaned against the wall was his crappy little BB gun.
He didn’t respond to her.
Maybe he was napping, he’d deserved it, Replica had kept most of everypony up all night to help sort out and bring the new arrivals up to speed on things.
Splint, Pokon and Maklak had all worked all night on organizing their new recruits, Pokon and Mak were both in the next room lecturing their rookie rifleponies on proper firearms usage, the importance of aiming down sights, how to effectively reload a BB gun and so on.
PSI was supposed to work with her own recruits, but she’d been dead tired, Splint had been so nice as to soldier on and relieve her for the night, insisting that he’d do just fine teaching them how to use and defend themselves in melee.
Because, how hard could it be teaching pones how to swing sticks?
Very hard apparently. Further observation made it seem like the only thing Splint had managed to teach them was what the ass end of a beating stick wa- oh, nope, there was an earth pony swinging his broom with the lower end in his mouth, Celestia damn it.

PSI couldn’t help but giggle, this made some of the recruits a little upset.
An unicorn stallion stomped up to her with his wooden baton floating above him, poised to strike.
He stopped a couple of inches away from her and striked her an intimidating pose that PSI found very cute.
She’d had bigger fish than this chump, all it made her think was ‘Ah am ah scarey unicorn! Rawr!’.

“Who the hell are you?” the unicorn asked with a threatening tone of voice.

She smirked. He didn’t know.
“I am PSI. Commander of Pineapple.”

The unicorn’s eyes narrowed, oh shit!
He backed off nervously and stood at the ready, god he was sloppy, if this had been Lemon the drill sergeant would have been standing over him beating him with that horrible rice the drill sarges carried around there.
“I-I’m sorry!” the stallion whimpered.

PSI damn near broke out into a hysteric laugh, this was hilarious!
HE was scared of HER, she was like half his size!
“I’m sorry WHAT?” PSI prompted.

The stallion was shivering like crazy, poor sod was waiting for her to let him go.
“I-I’m s-sorry, sir!”

SIR? She was no ‘sir’ she was a ‘ma’am’!
Ohoh, she was gonna have fun with him.
She tried to look as angry as possible and then took a step closer to him so that her face was just an inch from his.
“I’m sorry MA’AM!” she yelled at him, the stallion was startled by her sudden outburst, his ears lowered and he shut his eyes in an attempt to make the bad little mare go away.
“YOU’RE PATHETHIC RECRUIT! PA-THETHIC! HEY! LOOK AT ME! LOOK. AT. ME.” She barked.
The stallion opened his eyes and tried really hard to look her in the eyes, but he kept avoiding her!
“WHAT’S YOUR NAME, RECRUIT!?”
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2013, 09:04:47 pm »

Well, somebody's got to beat the pony out of these ponies. :P

Have fun on your trip Replica! :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2013, 04:20:33 am »

These ponies have some serious stamina to pull an all-nighter, then go to military training as if nothing happened. I expected the new arrivals to be tired, thirsty and hungry and go eat and drink, then go to sleep. They must have come a long way and if they arrived at midnight, that probably means they were on their hooves since morning and pushed themselves to get to Pineapple, marching even after dark, rather than setting up a camp for the night. The residents of Pineapple also worked all day and were preparing to go to sleep, so I would expect the sorting to happen during the next day.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2013, 06:49:30 am »

Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2013, 02:15:42 pm »

I have returned, and by the powers of CPR and mouth-to-mouth I breathe new life into Pineapple.

I wrote a partial update while I was gone, but I didn't have much time, so it isn't ready yet.
It'll be ready within the weekend I'm sure and is going to feature PSI as our point-of-view (but you already knew that!).

Splint could use a good yelling at for being asleep when I came back.
Have also taken the new v0.98 update into account, hydro farms and stasis pods seem interesting for story purposes.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2013, 01:54:07 am »

That they do

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2013, 07:24:09 am »

I enjoy the story bits, so I'm happy, you're back and you didn't move on to a newer version.

> Have also taken the new v0.98 update into account, hydro farms and stasis pods seem interesting for story purposes.
In-story you might do that, but in-game I'm pretty sure, you'd have to regen a world.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2013, 09:36:49 am »

I enjoy the story bits, so I'm happy, you're back and you didn't move on to a newer version.

> Have also taken the new v0.98 update into account, hydro farms and stasis pods seem interesting for story purposes.
In-story you might do that, but in-game I'm pretty sure, you'd have to regen a world.

Correct-o, that is why I said story purposes.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »

Looking forward to it Replica! :) While the current version doesn't have enough new features to merit a switch over, the next one will (And it won't be here for a while).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:38:49 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16