Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple (Closed)  (Read 31824 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple (Closed)
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:30:11 am »

Fallout: Equestria
Pineapple
Locked by Replica

Intro:

It has been almost a hundred years since the stable of Lemon was founded, during this time it has grown out of the weeds of the wasteland and attracted hundreds, if not thousands, of wastelanders, ex-raiders, mercenaries and scattered lonesome survivors to it's safety.
After 55 years of near constant war against an uneasy alliance of slavers, raiders, steel rangers and vicious unity alicorns Lemon emerged triumphant and on the top, it's professional army, clad in the finest and most ornate powered armor and armed with some of the best pre-war technology there is have effectively secured and turned a piece of the wasteland into a safe heaven, a sanctuary, for ponies wishing to retire from the wasteland hell.

But Lemon, as glorious and great as it is, can't host an infinite number of ponies, and is suffering from serious overpopulation issues.
It isn't a question of food or general supplies, there is simply no more room to expand the stable any further.
With new arrivals being forced to set up their homes in shanty towns around the walls Lemon's army can no longer guarantee the safety and well being of those who migrate to it.
The forces of evil are slowly realizing this and rumors of a new war on Lemon are circulating the wasteland.

As a solution, the leaders of Lemon proposed to its citizens to send volunteers away in small groups to settle new lands, the idea was to reduce the population and potentially found new settlements similar to Lemon, if things turned out well these settlements would later come to be a part of a larger scheme to help the wasteland.
The proposal was well received, the citizens of Lemon were kind and understanding.
Within the first few weeks there were many hundreds of volunteers who signed up for wasteland settling expeditions.
Soon several settler parties were formed up, to help in their journey they were offered a generous amount of supplies in the form of food, drink, tools, robots and other basic necessities that could be needed.
The settler parties were sent off in all directions, their fates then hanging entirely on their ability to survive and adapt to the wasteland.

The Lover of Fruit is one such party.
A group of seven friends with high spirits, good hearts and a great love for pineapples and other cool fruits.
Led by the earth pony mare "Replica" Planternourish the seven have traveled for weeks across the badlands of Equestria and have finally found a place in which to settle.
A large, mostly flat area littered by crashed sky wagons, tanks and heaps of scrap on the outskirts of a once thriving metropolis, a city once called "Cloudsdale".
With them, they have taken a number of security turrets, some cattle and a decent amount of food and supplies.
They are intent on building their new home, the settlement of Pineapple, to last...

Embark Day:

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark Area (click to show/hide)

The embark party was filled.
New applications drew from migrants.

The migrant party consisted of 2 earth pony stallions, 1 unicorn stallion, 2 earth pony mares and 2 unicorn mares.
They are:

Unicorn, female, 24, Brewer/Herbalist/Cook.
Shy and vulnerable secret admirer.
Claimed by Corai.

Earth Pony, male, 33, Riflepony.
Proficient Gunner & Armor User.
The pillar on which two mares sustain themselves.
Claimed by Splint.

Earth Pony, male, 30, Soap Maker.
Maker of fine soap and shampoo.
Claimed by Lycaeon.

Earth Pony, male, 31, Peasant.
Plotting guardian angel.
Claimed by ZebioLizard2.

Unicorn, female, 25, Spearpony.
Proficient Dodger & Armor User.
Angry bastard.
Claimed by P(ony)SI.

Earth Pony, female, 29, Scavenger/Trapper/Mechanic/Butcher.
Sadist with a knife fetish.
Claimed by Zangi.

Earth Pony, female, 30, Overmare.
Proficient Appraiser, Adequate Persuader & Flatterer, Novice Pacifier.
Clumsy robotics expert.
Claimed by Replica.

Migrants:

Unicorn, male, 73, Riflepony.
Grandfather with a gun.
Pokon

Unicorn, male, 10, Chief Medical Pony.
Little boy with more anatomical and medical knowledge than a pony of his age should have.
Coldnar

Spoiler: "Maklak" Round (click to show/hide)
Unicorn, male, 26, Riflepony/Squad Leader.
Soldier with enough criticism to mold a new Yahtzee out of mud, some carrots and a fedora.
Maklak

Earth Pony, female, 51, Mechanic/Siege Engineer/Woodcrafter/Farmer.
Bullied by unicorns at an early age.
☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

Unicorn, male, 56, Medical Pony (General Doctor).
Huge fatass doctor. This is what happens when you give ponies enough money to sustain themselves entirely on crescents.
Rinahrific

Earth Pony, male, 69, Martial Pony/Miner.
Russian pony wookie who beats the crap out of things for a living and works down in the dark damp mines for fun.
Fr0stByt3

Days/Turns/Sessions:

Day 0
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 7 - Story Only
Day 8 - Story Only
Day 12 - No Story
Epilogue - Story Only

Day 0

The group had stopped in the dead middle of nowhere, they had been still like this for a while, waiting patiently for somepony to do or say something.
The surrounding area was completely deserted, there wasn't a single living creature around there aside from themselves, their cattle and their dogs. Their robots did not qualify.
It was mostly quiet, with the only sound being the roar of the wind blowing through the crooked scavenge and twisted steel remains of civilization, even their Sprite-Bots who would normally spew out that horrendous polka theme constantly and without stop were strangely silent.
It was eerie. The place was a pony boneyard. And they had come to disturb the peace of the dead.

Replica is the first to jump off the wagon, her rope-reed cloak fluttering in the harsh wasteland wind.
She walks a few meters out in the dusty old flatland in silence and stops next to a dying old spintree, she kneels down and takes off the hood of her cloak revealing that cheerful rose taupe face and gleaming umber eyes of hers.
Her friends gazed at her from the protected safety of the wagon, wondering what she was so happy about.
She marks a large X in the dirt with her hoof which is almost instantly covered by the swirling dust, but the gesture had been symbolical.
"Here" she says to her companions, breaking the long eerie silence "Let's build our stable here."
"Let's strike the earth."

Next story entry >>>
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:24:22 pm by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:35:49 am »

May I claim the unicorn mare Grotto Sheenpanthom and be pony'd as Corai? Brewer/Herbalist/Cook if I may.

That combo tends to work out for my Stables, at least early on until I can get useless peasants to do the jobs too.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:04 am »

May I claim the unicorn mare Grotto Sheenpanthom and be pony'd as Corai? Brewer/Herbalist/Cook if I may.

That combo tends to work out for my Stables, at least early on until I can get useless peasants to do the jobs too.

Done and done.
Wasteland herbalism is dangerous work though as you know, so we'll see how long you'll live.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:35 am »

Ooh! Ooh!
Make me Squid "PSI" Sparklecoast.
Also, could you make her skills Skilled Spearpony and Adequate Armor User, Dodger, and Shield User?

As for her personality, just use the in-game one. It's perfect.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:07:35 am »

Ooh! Ooh!
Make me Squid "PSI" Sparklecoast.
Also, could you make her skills Skilled Spearpony and Adequate Armor User, Dodger, and Shield User?

As for her personality, just use the in-game one. It's perfect.

Eh, skills have already been set and all.
Figured it would be best to embark right away and see if the area was secure rather than wait around, tried another approach earlier and ended up embarking next to a bunch of Paradors, so that didn't quite work out.
But yes, you are now Squid "PSI" Sparklecoast, the militia commander and lead spearpony of Pineapple.
Congratulations and may Celestia and our future medical ponies have mercy on your soul.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:10:13 am »

I'll take Moral Angelcradle. He sounds just like me, except for that bit about not going out of his way to help. Then again, I'll be too busy to contribute to the dialogue, so I guess it's for the best that I'm a grumbling soap pony who keeps to himself. :P

I wish you the best of luck in leading Pineapple Replica! May Celestia have mercy on us all.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 02:15:34 am »

Congratulations and may Celestia and our future medical ponies have mercy on your soul.
Psh, with proper equipment, not even glowing ghouls scare me.
Necromantic sprite-bots on the other hand... :-\

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 02:25:09 am »

I'll take Moral Angelcradle. He sounds just like me, except for that bit about not going out of his way to help. Then again, I'll be too busy to contribute to the dialogue, so I guess it's for the best that I'm a grumbling soap pony who keeps to himself. :P

I wish you the best of luck in leading Pineapple Replica! May Celestia have mercy on us all.

SOAP MAKER, EH?
I sure hope you like wood, hacksaws and the heat of our furnaces, because that's where you will be doing for the rest of your living days in addition to making soap for our hospital!

Psh, with proper equipment, not even glowing ghouls scare me.
Necromantic sprite-bots on the other hand... :-\

Yeah, your pine training spear is going to kill all the glowing ghouls.
Might be a while before we get steel pitchforks and thermal spears prepared, heh heh.

Also, what are ya waiting for? Get Valleygleamed up and running!
Dibs on the first best female earth pony you get! Preferably a farmer!

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:37:45 am »

Yeah, your pine training spear is going to kill all the glowing ghouls.
Might be a while before we get steel pitchforks and thermal spears prepared, heh heh.

Also, what are ya waiting for? Get Valleygleamed up and running!
Dibs on the first best female earth pony you get! Preferably a farmer!

with proper equipment

Fine, you impatient filly.
I'll probably put it up in the Everfree Forest.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 02:41:23 am »

I'll take Hedge I guess. I fully expect suicidal overconfidence to be my undoing with a crappy air gun early on unless you can bolt a knife to it to make it less useless.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 02:46:31 am »

I'll take Hedge I guess. I fully expect suicidal overconfidence to be my undoing with a crappy air gun early on unless you can bolt a knife to it to make it less useless.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I knew you would join a Stable eventually.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 03:14:07 am »

SOAP MAKER, EH?
I sure hope you like wood, hacksaws and the heat of our furnaces, because that's where you will be doing for the rest of your living days in addition to making soap for our hospital!

Whittling away at soap in the comforting warmth of a furnace sounds good to me! ;)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 03:33:36 am »

I knew you would join a Stable eventually.

And here's my version of that face. Drawn in roughly 5 minutes, still not quite right.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 03:40:25 am »

I feel like I should have given you the position of spearpony now.

Waiting till lunchtime, then I am going to run the stable for a while, try and get things set up without anyone suffering a horrible death right away.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 03:40:56 am »

PTF
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16