Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple (Closed)  (Read 31845 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2013, 02:08:48 am »

Way ahead of you Mak. ;)
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2013, 06:10:08 am »

Actually changed my mind about riflepony, doesn't fit the backstory. And he actually has a Russian accent. He's from waaaaay up north. Oh, and he's an Earth Pony. So actually either a miner or spearpony.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:59 am »

Aha, interesting.
As you wish.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2013, 03:18:17 pm »

So how is your internet doing now anyways, still giving ya troubles?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2013, 08:28:06 am »

Like a bitch with no heroin money.

We spoke to Comhem yesterday, turns out that our household is the only one in the entire block that has those problems, funfun.
They were going to look into it though so I'll probably be back 100% as usual today/in a few days, not that it really affects you guys or anything, but it kinda helps with the updates if I can access the forums y'know?

Day 5 will be done tonight, writing it from your perspective this time around.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2013, 02:16:43 pm »

So now that there's a new version out with enough changes to possibly cause savegame incompatibility, are you going to continue with pineapple? Because I enjoy the story pieces a lot and the stable itself is still in the early stages.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:52 pm »

So now that there's a new version out with enough changes to possibly cause savegame incompatibility, are you going to continue with pineapple? Because I enjoy the story pieces a lot and the stable itself is still in the early stages.

Of course I'll continue, I'll just have to do without any new features for the duration of Pineapple, no biggie.
As for the stable being in early stages I am going to just skip ahead until we get new migrants after day 5 is written, writing things day by day is nice and all, but at this rate I'll never get the newbloods in and nothing interesting really happens.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2013, 02:41:35 pm »

Why did you compress the time to say, this happens within days? I don't think it would hurt the story at all to have weeks between important things happening?
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2013, 03:01:31 pm »

If you wanna give it a lore reason, the reason your not getting the new updates (Technology) is because Lemon is in the process of learning and figuring out how to properly use it themselves, so it'd at this point be tech that wouldn't be sent out or taught to the new colonies.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2013, 03:03:35 pm »

I wanted to explain why character interactions were as they were, if I skipped "days" this early on readers would be under the impression that they missed some kind of important relationship change in between updates.

Plus it seemed cooler to have time pass so slowly this early on, so its partly due to flavor as well.

Also, I'm afraid Day 5 will be delayed until tomorrow, I would have written it earlier today but with my internet being restored I was overcome with quite a few distractions, Dead Island coop, the release of FIMFLAMFILOSOPHY's "My Little Dashie" parody and the dark corners of the Everfree didn't exactly help progress on that.
But yeah, tomorrow, sorry guys.

Edit: Maybe, Lemon is pretty advanced, they have tech Pineapple wouldn't even dream of getting their hooves on so it makes sense that they would keep much of it to themselves.
Plus you can't find everything in scrap piles, so it seems logical that some of the new things wouldn't be available to Pineapple.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2013, 06:55:05 am »

No real excuses here really, got delayed a bit because of Men of War: Assault Squad russian spec-ops-elite-scavenger-infantry artillery wars with Rinahrific, Everfree RP shenanigans, and a whole bunch of other fun non anything related stuff.
For now I can give you the day 5 story bit, the summary will come later.
This story bit isn't all that interesting tbh, I say that its from Zebio's perspective, but I didn't go much into it, instead its mostly things happening to other ponies seen from his point of view (kinda), this is entirely out of laziness and lack of sleep and has nothing to do with there not being potential.
Zebio if anyone, is one of the characters with the most potential with him being opposed to Lycaeon but still co-ruling Pineapple as an adviser to Replica/second in command along with Lycaeon. Imagine the two as her left and right hooves, or the angels sitting on her shoulders wearing robes and halos of varying shades of gray.

Length?
Roughly 4.5k words, so it's still pretty decently long despite my laziness, hope you enjoy it.

Spoiler: Story Entry (click to show/hide)

Very late Day 5 summary.

<<< Previous story entry x Next story entry >>>
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:14:44 am by Replica »

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2013, 08:27:51 am »

Oh.
I'm dead and I didn't even notice :c
(Leaf Blueleaf... Should I be afraid of elves?)
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:38 am »

I like the way Zerbio Lizard it thinking about saving pony lives.

Coldnar was sitting in the morning staring at his pip-buck for 6 hours and nopony noticed? Heh, maybe he just checked in the evening, then had a short and uneasy sleep and woke up early.
(( Yeah, those traders and migrants will just stand at the edge of the map when there is nowhere for them to go. Another thing to do would be to let then in and "buy some things on credit". ))

The awkward conversation about dreams was pretty hilarious.

Lol at the Replica - Lojack "duel".

Maklak will be nicer to Replica after learning how she dealt with Lojack, but that doesn't mean he won't argue with her when he disagrees. Well, maybe about the narrow passages which all look alike. Or inability to do his job without a rifle. Or the whole "stuck in a killing zone with no supplies" thing. Or... the list goes on.
Anyway, his priorities are down from trying to keep Pineapple safe to trying to keep Poet and Himself out of trouble. Damn those crazy mares.

> During the hour Replica stood over the ponies in there watching them like a hawk to make absolutely sure that they were there to pay their respects and *nothing else*.
I didn't get this one. What else could they do? Argue?

Farms were expanded, a room with 9 dimple cup farm plots was dug out with two more being prepared as well, each which would feature 9 plots of 2 different crops for added variety to the ponies of Pineapple's crappy diet.
Wait, what? Those damnable things sometimes clutter my plant stockpile after I tell the ponies to weed the soil layer, but to actually plant them? They can't be eaten, cooked or brewed, only milled into inedible blue dye.

> Towards the end of the early afternoon Replica retired into her office with Maklak who had a number of so called 'urgent' concerns to discuss with her.
Lol.

Guess, who will be volunteered to go on patrols outside? Preferably alone. For some ponies giving Maklak a crappy rifle and a shield would be a win-win situation.

We have some leather for shield and bones for pellets, btw. That's better than nothing. Maklak will want three shields for himself.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

Oh.
I'm dead and I didn't even notice :c
(Leaf Blueleaf... Should I be afraid of elves?)

Leaf Blueleaf was a generated NPC, a merchant I think? (get the names mixed up)
You haven't shown up yet, don't worry about it.

> During the hour Replica stood over the ponies in there watching them like a hawk to make absolutely sure that they were there to pay their respects and *nothing else*.
I didn't get this one. What else could they do? Argue?

See Lojack.
Loaf around and do nothing for an hour instead of mouring.

>Wait, what? Those damnable things sometimes clutter my plant stockpile after I tell the ponies to weed the soil layer, but to actually plant them? They can't be eaten, cooked or brewed, only milled into inedible blue dye.

Well this is awkward.
Good thing they haven't really been planted yet with it being winter and all gameplay wise.

>Guess, who will be volunteered to go on patrols outside? Preferably alone. For some ponies giving Maklak a crappy rifle and a shield would be a win-win situation.

Honestly? I am pretty tempted to do that and call it an "unfortunate accident", but I wont.

>We have some leather for shield and bones for pellets, btw. That's better than nothing. Maklak will want three shields for himself.

Nope.
What little we have is needed for strange moods, which come in exactly 4 ponies.
That is going to be quite a problem, as I was planning to use the dogs for war training and the cattle for butchering (once the herd grew bigger), but it looks like I'll have to use the dogs for both.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »

A bit of cold logic compared to others optimism, but someone has to calculate the risks vs the rewards of helping others once in a while. Else you'll lose far to much when it comes down to it. Gotta think of your own people before others.

Though I find it funny, I seem to end up eavesdropping on a lot of things when it came down to it. Can't seem keep my nose out of things.  :P

Also liked that I actually timed what time those spritebots awaken, course if your staying in the same room as Replica I guess you would eventually time it out so you don't get rudely awakened every single day. Polka music is not something you should endear to yourself every single morning!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:28:23 pm by ZebioLizard2 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16