Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple (Closed)  (Read 31834 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2013, 07:05:59 am »

Listen to this song. I dare you to tell me that it doesn't make you feel happy:
http://soundcloud.com/monstercatmedia/tvds-bumblebee
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2013, 09:18:31 am »

Sat down to begin Day 6 story bit and noticed two things.

1. Haven't written down what happened between Day 5 and Day 6.
2. Haven't written Day 5 summary or posted the new participant character screens.

Anyway, here is the summary for day 5.
Its a little quick, just jolted down what I remembered/had written down in my log.

Spoiler: MISSING DAY 5 SUMMARY (click to show/hide)

Now, now I spend the rest of the day brainstorming and writing Day 6...
Day 6 wont have a summary. Because I forgot to write a log for it.
So instead I'll just try and remember what I actually did that session and nestle it into the story, and I'll also try and play my absence off as a story thing.
Just need to grab a meal and think...

So uh, day 6, either today or tomorrow.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2013, 11:39:23 am »

I am certain we all eagerly await another wonderful update.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2013, 01:19:41 pm »

Should be funny to see how the ghost is "Shown" in the story. Place is looking pretty good though.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2013, 02:04:13 pm »

indeed
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2013, 04:34:14 pm »

> 1. Haven't written down what happened between Day 5 and Day 6.
I've noticed, but I didn't complain because I like the story bits better anyway. Not that your "technical" reports are bad, I've just seen many of them and got used to them.

> There are some serious issues trying to force Lojack (our only assigned Architect) to do her one job, her unit's AI kept giving me the finger despite having her labors reassigned
It made for a great story bit, though. Normally I just enable architecture on my masons and not worry about it. There are ways to train Architecture (such as disabling masonry for everypony and designing lots of supports, then cancelling them in a loop), but I don't bother. When my masons are architects, they will often build the thing they just designed and it is faster that way.

I won't pretend I understand your design or why there is so much water everywhere, but I'm rather impressed by how much you've managed to smoothen in Pineapple.

> No idea how I could have forgotten that, farming is like my favorite thing to do in DF, I should have known that.
Hey, I make stupid mistakes too. I think it comes down to having most fun when the game is unpaused and making the right decisions only when it is paused and trying to strike a balance between the two.

> Water
I'm a fan of diagonal depressurizing and 2 z-level deep reservoirs. That way I always have clean water (only the lower layer of water is muddy, the top layer stays clean) and even months of freezing aren't a problem. 

> the archery range has Maklak's old suggested design which saves ammo hitting walls with channels dug out underneath them.
Channeling the tiles in front of the targets, but without removing the ramps, might also be a good idea, but I haven't tested it.

> A sadistic caravan guard shows up. Odd.
So you don't have seasonal saves with autobackup.
Well, you could frame the angry caravan guard as "The spirit of the place" and how the very location they're in is cursed and trying to kill them. Oh wait, that would make Replica even more miserable. Well, perhaps all the more for this to be Maklak's theory and him freaking out "With the right equipment I may handle even those nasty ghouls outside, but what am I supposed to do about a ghost? Whatever I throw at it passes right through it and I can't hurt it, but when it strikes back, oh yes, it can."
Maybe dfhack's kill will work on a ghost?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »

Aight so it wont be posted tonight... headache is killing me and nothing seems to be making it go away.
But I did good progress on it, so definitely tomorrow.

Here is a single line of spoiler for you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>I won't pretend I understand your design or why there is so much water everywhere, but I'm rather impressed by how much you've managed to smoothen in Pineapple.

Because I use selective labor, ie only give X labors to X classes of worker I barely get anything done early on, but get lots done later on.
Smoothing is basically all I can do while waiting around.
The water is a channel for the wells. The other wider channel leads to the cistern.
Design is, feh, same as with all early forts. Small rooms, cramped spacing, little industry, few stockpiles.
Maybe I'll organize it better later on, or maybe I wont.

>Channeling the tiles in front of the targets, but without removing the ramps, might also be a good idea, but I haven't tested it.

No, there needs to be a direct path to the target from the unit, there cant be channels in the LOF according to wiki.
Or at least thats what I think it said, dont remember.

>Ghost

Already took care of him.
'tweak clear-ghostly'
Gameplay wise it doesnt exist anymore, removed it because I couldn't memorialize it.
But I still snuk it into the story though. Not an evil ghost.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »

.... I bet somepony had one hell of a hallucination.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2013, 06:19:41 am »

I'll just say it was one of Frost's old comrades from the north.

Also, I can't spell "north" for some reason. kept messing up. :P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:02 am »

Making the migrant wave into a two parter.
Day 7 is part 1 and Day 8 will be part 2.

This is the Day 7 story bit.

Spoiler: Story Entry (click to show/hide)

Dunno. Feels like I kinda halfassed it.

<<< Previous story entry x Next story entry >>>
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:16:38 am by Replica »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2013, 11:56:26 am »

Better than nothing. Quite frankly i thought the ghost bit was pretty funny.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »

Indeed.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2013, 02:17:59 pm »

A: You are racist against X.
B: One of my friends is X.
A: This proves nothing, you are still racist because you think of your friend as X.

The stupidity of this argument boggles my mind. If A thought X are vastly inferior or that they should be purged, A would never be friends with an X. Just acknowledging their defferences doesn't mean that A has something serious against X, and if that's the case, that something must be pretty mild. What, is Replica supposed to pretend that there is no difference between the breeds of Pony, when there clearly are some?

This is just one way the preachers of political correctness kind of tolerance rub me the wrong way. Another is that they themselves are very intolerant of anyone disagreeing with them.

------

Lol, Maklak got firewalled from Replica.

Ah, it is worse, her helpers deliberately keep her out of the loop.

I think Maklak would just check his pipbuck for friendly and unfriendly tags. Ah, I forgot he may not be able to do that, with his low spatial sense. Well, in any case he would want to save ponies if they're friendly, but not risk the lives of those already here. But that said, it is OK to use him as something of an antagonist too.

Apart from unpony names, Pineapple could go to Fimfiction.net

It was entertaining. Not the best of Pineapple, but still good.

If this ghost got to spreading Replica's secrets, Maklak would still complain about the ghost the way he did, but add something at the end: "And I don't care about your sexual fantasies concerning Splint or whomever as long as you keep me and Poet out of this!" I guess he would still listen to some gossip about secrets of other ponies, though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:06:14 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2013, 02:20:24 pm »

Was a good read nontheless.

Still enjoying the segments, especially the taunting ghost and messing with her dreams.

Replica probably needs something really, really strong at this rate.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:57 pm »

I was starting to miss these updates. :D

Much enjoying the gradual transition of Pineapple from god-forsaken wasteland scrap heap to an actual, functioning Stable. I felt the zebra ghost was a tad strange, but at least it was more upfront with Replica (albeit snarky) than some of her friends have been.

Or perhaps she's finally losing it. :P
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16