Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple (Closed)  (Read 31847 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria - Pineapple
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2013, 03:24:25 am »

I would like a pony
Unicorn
Mare
'Ice Blade'
I would prefer guard duty in a seperate squad but if not, I would be fine in the main Military

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2013, 09:31:41 pm »

Delayed, unplanned, bit of a rushed ending and barely proof read, had to stop it before it got too long (this one is longer than average at the 6k word mark).
For whatever it is worth though here is another story bit tied to the migrant wave, last part out of two before I resume actually playing the stable (and fuck, it's been a long time now).

The newbloods make an appearance one way or the other, Leaf gets a mention but is otherwise kinda left out of this part (sorry about that).

Spoiler: Story Bit (click to show/hide)

I would like a pony
Unicorn
Mare
'Ice Blade'
I would prefer guard duty in a seperate squad but if not, I would be fine in the main Military

Roger roger

<<< Previous story entry x Epilogue >>> (Abrupt end, Pineapple aborted)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:19:40 am by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2013, 04:18:36 pm »

Ah, another interesting read and it incorporates the part from before.

Did PSI castrate that poor fellow or just shoot him in the butt?

If anypony doesn't like Maklak's orders or instructions, she is welcome to complain to PSI about it :D

Why would Replica be outside? Was this for real or is it purely in-story? Ah, in-story.

It is a bit funny to see them having long conversations and procrastinating right after PSI thought whether to send a message that would attract the ghouls. In situations like this, you don't talk, you run, yet many FoE authors like to insert long dialogues into fighting sequences. 

Maklak shot a moving ghoul in the eye and he's not even a sniper. Nice. I would expect aiming for the center of the mass from a soldier, but considering the weapon and the enemy it was better to go for the head and risk a miss for a chance to do some damage.

Wait, are those ghouls reanimating?

I like your portrayal of Maklak so far. His respect for Replica has dropped after this excursion. It would drop even more if he heard her explanation "What? You went outside and almost got killed, endangering the rest of us, because A BUCKING GHOST TOLD YOU TO DO IT? ARE YOU INSANE?" I also like it how he can be really annoying and is at least talented in making enemies, but when SHTF he isn't an obstruction at all and makes the right decisions.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2013, 05:37:49 pm »

Another good chapter, and you have not failed, now lets hope the elf(Or elf equivalent) drowning trap you will eventually make doesn't kill you all

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2013, 10:54:21 pm »

>Did PSI castrate that poor fellow or just shoot him in the butt?

Read, 'Ice on lap'.
That's all I'm allowed to say on Bay 12, the salt sharks be swimming.

>Why would Replica be outside? Was this for real or is it purely in-story? Ah, in-story.

In story, because I got bored of drama llaming every entry, wanted some action to happen.

>It is a bit funny to see them having long conversations and procrastinating right after PSI thought whether to send a message that would attract the ghouls.
In situations like this, you don't talk, you run, yet many FoE authors like to insert long dialogues into fighting sequences. 

That is true, but if you consider what the pace of a REAL dialogue between to normal real persons is like that "long dialogue sequence" isn't really longer than 5-10 minutes tops.
Plus it wouldn't make much sense if PSI rushed and grabbed everypony without at least saying why.
How would you react if someone rushed up to you all in a hurry and yelled at you "COME, WE NEED TO GO!" without telling you about the kid that fell in the well and that they need rope to bring him up?

>Maklak shot a moving ghoul in the eye and he's not even a sniper. Nice. I would expect aiming for the center of the mass from a soldier, but considering the weapon and the enemy it was better to go for the head and risk a miss for a chance to do some damage.

It wasn't moving that fast when he shot him, it was a lucky shot, and as I've apparently failed to mention anywhere before, Maklak has the highest gunnery skill in Pineapple (level 6 I believe).
But you couldn't have known that he was a crack shot, my bad.

>Wait, are those ghouls reanimating?

Frost Byte didn't kill it.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »

Hard to kill things with the BB, specially ghouls.

But yeah, it was just a BB he got shot there with, it'd hurt like hell and likely be out of use for a day or two but it's unlikely to have torn it off. (I'm sure coldnar could re-attach it anyways  :P )

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2013, 07:09:06 pm »

What does the Stable look like at the moment? I gather it hasn't changed much from the previous screenshots...everypony seems too busy for excavation work.

> The rest of the day was mostly quiet with nothing really interesting going on.
Because the events of the first half of the day weren't enough already... :P

While the internal conflicts are entertaining I shudder to think what will happen should an actual crisis fall upon the Stable. Whether or not Replica's gone off the deep end, PSI and the others don't have much confidence left in her leadership.

Great read Replica! It's been well worth the wait. :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:12:04 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2013, 11:57:14 am »

This is the only visible change from Day 6 (technically speaking it has only been a single turn since, and it barely lasted for half an hour realtime).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What wasn't worth showing is how all the rough unsmoothed areas in the other floors have been smoothed out.
Also didn't show the vast hollow I am in the progress of digging out on the first floor for a future tree farm.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »

Will the save be released for download? I would loooove~ to reclaim this area after it dies

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2013, 05:06:18 pm »

Will the save be released for download? I would loooove~ to reclaim this area after it dies

Man your bleak, already with the death of the fort!  :o

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2013, 05:13:00 pm »

Nah, Im not bleak, it was just something I wanted to ask... as I don't want to create a multiverse of Pineapple.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2013, 06:02:50 pm »

Lemon was in earlier version of this mod than Pineapple and so is going to be it's successor. I suppose it's best to stick to the current version of the mod unless there are any serious bugs or regressions. Plus the UI enhancements from dfhack plugin are pretty good.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2013, 12:44:12 am »

lol, I guess I can give you the save after it dies or I abandon it. xD
But it's an old version, v0.95, so dunno how much good it'll do you by the time it ends.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2013, 05:28:07 pm »

As long as we haven't reached a version with the I.M.P. in it, I'm completely fine.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2013, 06:33:36 pm »

Not much to say, here is a report and a picture of sleeping kittens.

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)

Story Bit - NeverTM
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:17:57 am by Replica »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16